1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Car time ranking

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by WallyM, Mar 21, 2015.

1. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Updated.

It's always interesting to see which cars have the most laps:

Tatuus FA01, 754
    Porsche 911 GT3 Cup 2017, 672
    Ferrari 458 GT2, 509
    Porsche 911 GT3 R 2016, 387
    McLaren MP4-12C GT3, 346
    Porsche Cayman GT4 Clubsport, 338

Vel and LeiF like this.
  2. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Is there a requirement not being met which is keeping the Lamborghini Huracan Performante off of this list?

3. WallyM

WallyM Alien

It's an RSR issue. The car is missing from the rank.

4. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Oh boy... My apologizes. I didn't know that. :oops: Sorry about that...

5. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Updated... maybe for the last time :(

liakjim and fantomas76 like this.
  6. SvenUilhoorn

SvenUilhoorn Racer

Thanks for keeping this updated!

WallyM likes this.
  7. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Rookie

Thanks a lot for this information. It's been very useful.

WallyM likes this.
  8. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Updated.

What is it with the Tatuus FA01? 788 laps in that car alone. That one is always miles ahead of other cars in terms of laps done, for some reason.

9. WallyM

WallyM Alien

10. Billy Pilgrim

Billy Pilgrim Rookie

Thank you, again. This is so useful. I refer to it all the time.

WallyM likes this.
  11. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Updated, just for the hell of it.

12. WallyM

WallyM Alien

13. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Updated - now also includes laps from Nurburgring GT, Vallelunga Classic and Barcelona Moto

14. WallyM

WallyM Alien

Updated this just for the hell of it.

15. Atticvs

Atticvs Rookie

Bump.

As the biggest, most popular and one of the few classes where actually multiple cars are present in AC, I created a small summary table about the performance of the 11 GT3 cars in the game.

I copied Wally's text from the first post, imported into Excel from txt, added a cumulative gap column ('Diff') and finally readjusted the diffs to consider relative to the quickest car of the bunch (Diff2).

I was mainly interested in finding out if there was any BOP Kunos applied to all these cars at the time - or to some of them. I'm sure there are articles or threads here or there, but here's the other side of the story, the numbers themselves.

[​IMG]

It may or may not be surprising, but unlike ACC, GT3 in AC is not (totally) BOPd - most cars are quite close to each other, but there are notable outliers in both directions.

The Ferrari 488 GT3 seems to be by far the quickest of all GT3, whereas the good old Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 is the slowest with the McLaren MP4-12C GT3.

All this is especially interesting as Kunos is preparing to give away the new Ferrari 488 GT3 Evo to participants of this year's Ferrari Esports Series - I would guess it is going to be comfortably the quickest of all!

As luck would have it, I ran some laps in some of the first gen GT3s myself in the past few days in Monza - the BMW Z4 GT3, the 12C GT3 and the SLS AMG GT3 to add to my laps in the AMG GT3 - and after setting up each of them as best as I could, I found similar gaps between them. Of course, those gaps will be slightly different per track, but the overall pecking order should remain the same - driver skill notwithstanding, which is of course science fiction in online multiplayer... Here is a similar exercise by @slopps from way back in 2016; guess what, his order largely followed Wally's and mine - and on a different track to boot.

(I initially put those relatively large gaps down to some of the cars suiting me more than others, and was facing the grim option of having to test each on each track to find which one suits me best on any given track - and it was during my musings that I found Wally's output - thank you, @WallyM , you saved me countless hours, days and weeks of grinding. :))

EDIT: Ignore the Diff Prev column as it refers to the car directly ahead in the FULL order, not the filtered GT3 order. The functions in the cumulative Diff and Diff2 columns are correct.

EDIT 2: Now if only we could have a similar robust script run on ACC... :D

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    WallyM likes this.
  16. Atticvs

Atticvs Rookie

One more thing, sorry. (Sorry for hijacking the thread sort of, Wally.)

I became curious about the 488 GT3's huge advantage and went looking for confirmation.

I took just the WRs themselves for all 11 GT3s and compared them across the typical GT3 tracks in Europe plus one or two popular ones - Monza, Silverstone, Spa, Nurburgring GP, Barcelona, Brands Hatch GP, Donington Park GP, Imola, Laguna Seca, Zandvoort (laser scan only, so Paul Ricard out). Then calculated how far a WR is off the best car's WR in % terms for all tracks and averaged per car. (No car is best on all tracks, so none averaged 100.00%, of course - but some are pretty close.)

[​IMG]

This is actually quite close to Wally's list, with one notable difference:

The Ferrari 488 GT3 is actually not OP - in fact, it's only a very close second to the McLaren 650S GT3. I think there was a data anomaly in the dataset Wally pulled from RSR - it could well be that someone on some track pumped in a LOT of laps trying to better a WR and coming awfully close each time. That amount of almost-WR laps would have skewed Wally's averaged lap value sufficiently to suggest that the 488 GT3 is THAT much better.

Overall, this means Kunos' GT3 BOP for the original AC is not totally flawed - a little bit inaccurate, but totally useable for a circa 2015-2016 pecking order, which is when AC dev wrapped up. E.g. the 991 GT3 R (the 2016 version in game) was very slow actually, no results in 2016-2017 and not even Mantlhey could get it up to speed in Blancpain in 2018 (favourable BOP in the Nordschleife 24h) before the 991.2 was introduced, which of course mopped the floor with almost everyone else. The SLS AMG was quite slow by 2015, but how much of it was down to the teams? (HTP switching to Bentley for that year) And maybe the 12C could be quicker too. But other than these, the BOP is overall quite good.

P.S. if you're interested in the full per car WRs per the above tracks. Quite interesting reading as the results are fairly consistent track to track.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2021
    Jack Bancroft likes this.