1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Cars that match each other (in laptime, pace)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Niko 3, Jan 23, 2017.

1. Niko 3

Niko 3 Rookie

Hey,

I dont like races which have only one car type inculded. I think races are more exciting with different cars that match each other in speed.

Sadly there are no predefined car categories in AC. So based on your experience, which cars match each other in laptime and pace? Which cars should race against each other?

I think Audi R8, Ferrari 458, Porsche 911 Turbo S and Porsche 911 R could be fun. Perhaps the Ferrari is a bit too strong, but i it should depend on the track.

Do you have any suggenstions on car combos?

Thx guys :)

fr13del likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues 1.1.6 several unmodded cars give mismatch error? May 1, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Even match ups... what cars should vs. Mar 13, 2015
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Steer lock dont match anymore in all cars (since 0.8.7) May 7, 2014
    ACC Troubleshooting Cars disappearing, but still in the session Apr 8, 2024
    ACC Troubleshooting Major Lag/Freeze, Causing Hud and Cars to disappear and reappear Feb 24, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Cars teleporting for a split second into pit lane and back Feb 17, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer GT2 cars output as GT4 carGroup in results Jan 29, 2024
    ACC Gameplay Missing cars in GT2 solo races Jan 26, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer GT2- some cars cant join Gt2 Server Jan 25, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Don't see DLC cars in the game Jan 25, 2024
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Wrong fuel usage values for GT2 cars Jan 25, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds All AI cars on all tracks are driving 50 mph during race! Jan 14, 2024
    Physics Bugs & Issues Some Kunis F1 cars have abnormally long gears for me Dec 24, 2023
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Cars haveing bad netcode at the start of each session Dec 19, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Dirt-effects on cars and windscreens Jun 7, 2023

3. St3fan

St3fan Alien

4. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

We could use more BOP options, as community has been mentioning it quite often recently.

IMO I don't think that many cars, especially back in the day, and back back back back in the day ever was equal in pace. Also they probably could have been really close in one track, and much different in others... Different classes of talents, different levels of reliability, unpredictable factors, engine overheating problems preventing from pushing to the limit for a long time, brakes fading away, fuel consumption, the way cars eats tires... Of course we mostly drive not more than 10laps, so a lot of things rarely matters. We made XJ13 to race against GT40, XJ13 appears to be about 1sec faster in most tracks, and a lot faster with very much of straights, but it doesn't mean it would have crossed the line first (if it actually raced).

We could use some more BOP options, and maybe some stuff could work well for longer races.

I'm making a rather short track now. So far these cars seems to be doing relatively close laptimes: Ferrari F40 std, BMW E30 GR.A, Toyota Supra TA, Mazda RX7 tuned, Ferrari 458S3.. but thats on particular track and it comes from me. Other drivers can do better justice, as they are able to handle more cars to the limit.

For example ALOOG or STREETFIGHT racers. I know from ALOOG, for example, that Ferrari F40 S1, can race against F40 and Moby Dick. There are more combos. GT40 agains 908LH, there are plenty actually.

NightEye likes this.
  5. NightEye

NightEye Alien

6. Blizzier

Blizzier Racer

I can tell you some good combos with my experience from road cars territory:

Lotus Exige 240R
    Lotus Evora
    Ford Mustang
    Alfa Romeo 4C
    BMW 1M
    Porsche 718 Boxter S/Cayman S
    + you can add something from Japanesse Pack, but better not Nissan 370Z Nismo which is more comparable with BMW Z4 or Lotus Elise.
    I just ran championship on various tracks on 100% difficulty and only Evora stands out, but I liked the challenge with little 240R trying to make distance in corners. It is also pretty combination for Norschleife as you need to run away from Mustang which always catch you on straight.

Also I love Cayman GT4, Exige S and Evora GTE combo, where you can also add BMW M4.

With new inertias Lamborghini Gallardo is fun to race with RUFs. Sadly, right now we can't force AI to use road tires. It would make some new challenges like Huayra vs. Aventador SV and also hypercars would be closer together.

Also try to add Mercedes SLS AMG to your 911 Turbo and 911 R list. AI is quite handy with Mercedes so they are doing really good laptimes since not drifting all the way round the track.

fr13del and Seria17hri11er like this.
  7. djtopa

djtopa Hardcore Simmer

When I race with AI I always look at the power to kg ratio of a car.It would be great if we could set somehow the game to show power to kg ratio as a list of cars so we dont have to click on each car to see it.
    To me good combo is cayman s,exige s,370Z & BMW 1mS3...

8. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

We have currently an experiment running with a new street car line-up consisting of what @Blizzier wrote above, but also including the Lamborghini Countach, Audi Quattro S1, BMW M4 and BMW M3 E92, all on normal, modern street tyres.
    All of these achieve very comparable times within 1-3s difference (doesn't get much better without BOP).
    We also included the Mazda RX-7 and the 370z, but both of these need a good driver to be comparable (although the Mazda is really good on the brakes, so you can gain time there).
    The Countach needs a good driver as well, but once you understood how it works, you can get very good laptimes with it.

As long as you have Minorating AB, you're welcome to join us in the test, today at Imola. Search for server "MW Tryout" (it's the server I have linked as "Classic Blend" in my signature).

9. LeiF

LeiF Alien

10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Don't get me wrong, I respect his effort, but 30min to 60min unfortunately aren't enough to really judge if 2 cars can compete against each other or not.
    Looking at the list, there are quite a few changes I would make in the ranking based on the results I've seen on the Streetfight servers.

Of course that doesn't mean that you can't use it as a basic reference for some server or custom championship, just keep in mind that in many cases you might get cars that are off-pace (in both directions) quite a bit, based on that list.

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  11. Niko 3

Niko 3 Rookie

Hey,

thx for your input guys. I will check your links and suggentions :).
    It's noch vs AI, its for real Multiplayer.