1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Change AI difficulty from Easy/Medium/Hard to a % like the PC

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Borez, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Borez

Borez Gamer

It's becoming quickly apparent ( from these forums ) that easy mode in some races is far from easy in this Sim ( career mode ) seemingly it's around 85% of the PC difficulty which IMO will put off a lot of potential console users and relegate this release to the "bought it, played it a few times, way too hard, forgot about it" pile.

So it should be a difficulty % like the PC to bring some users up to speed at their own pace.

Yes some of us love the challenge of a difficult AI and are constantly striving to up our race craft and track times against the AI and ( eventually once private lobbies open ) against fellow humans.

But, as console users, some like to be king for a day on track.

However when the AI is already off into the distance after only a couple of corners in "easy" mode ( in some races ) it's not easy to do this. Especially for someone new to sim racing.

So "easy" should either be "easy," or it should be a % slider.

Apart from that, thanks for all the hard work you've put into this sim, the car physics are second to non and make the cars a ton of fun to drive.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Change difficulty level in championship Nov 20, 2022
    ACC Gameplay difficulty change mid-championship May 11, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Change difficulty Apr 29, 2020
    ACC Gameplay [1.0.0] How to change AI difficulty in career? May 30, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Question: possible to change ai difficulty level into lower than 80? Mar 22, 2015
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Can't change ai difficulty. Oct 16, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How to change your players name? Wednesday at 9:17 AM
    ACC Virtual Reality Misano skybox repeatedly flashes/flickers to black, skybox texture changes Jan 4, 2024
    ACC Physics Asphalt temperature does not change tire temperature and pressure Dec 2, 2023
    Physics Bugs & Issues Tyres doesn't change in pit Oct 8, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Server in Content manager not allowing change of final rtatio Oct 7, 2023
    ACC Physics BOP changes make little sense Jul 21, 2023
    ACC Physics Brake Cooling Performance Change on Brake Change in Pits Jul 21, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Brake Gamma change not working Jul 13, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Car Selection Screen - Competitor Name does not refresh on selection change Jun 19, 2023

3. I would like to see this implemented too if at all possible - not so much because of the AI difficulty per se but because some people playing on PC and consoles do actually talk to one another and like to run things like hot lap competitions for example, with videos uploaded by the players for a bit of friendly competition and rivalry. Being unable to use or compare "like for like" settings renders this redundant.

4. MagikGT1980

MagikGT1980 Rookie

When I race on easy mode i don't get the gold medal

Wysłane z mojego D6503 przy użyciu Tapatalka

5. Keith Bonham

Keith Bonham Rookie

Yep totally agree. I love a challenge but I'll be damned if easy is... easy lol. Its so frustrating. So far I havent enjoyed it because of this. I spent soo much time on 2 races in N1 and N2 and still havent beat them I gave up. Tried everything and every configuration I could. Im using the ds4 by the way. I finally got it to handle a bit better but just cant keep up. One tiny little mess up screws you for the rest of the race... thats if you even have a good start.

6. If they do implement the % slider in the same way as on the PC (which is all I want to see them do) the lowest difficulty level (I think it's 85% from memory) is likely what has been called "Easy" on the console release. For me, the slider option isn't about making "Easy" easier, but would give better fine tuning options for drivers and enable to set their opposition level more precisely.

I think the AI in certain career mode races might be a little buggy and if that's the case, I'm sure Kunos will try to patch things. Outside of fixing any issues that may exist in career mode though, I certainly wouldn't want to see the AI "dumbed down" - I waited a long time for this release and I want the same experience offered on the PC, not a watered down version in terms of physics, options or the AI opponents.

7. afafure

afafure Rookie

please change the difficulty, in easy is very hard, jaaja, is not logical, is frustrated play this game, a lot of people in the spanish people think this, is bored play when we know never win a race in mode normal difficulty, the game is amazing but please check the difficulty.

cheers from Spain

MagikGT1980 likes this.
  8. Silato

Silato Rookie

In most races I've found easy level beatable, it seems a couple of races are bugged. The older BMW against the moderns N2 and the KTMs at Imola N3.
    Once they sort this and the AI pitting on the last laps of races it'll be sorted.

OldGeezerGamer likes this.
  9. Skemekos123

Skemekos123 Racer

I'm totally fine with the easy difficulty myself, as it's just right for me for the most part.
    But I'd really like the % meter included from the PC version too, for various reasons. It will also help people who are less skilled as well.

OldGeezerGamer likes this.