1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Changing Keyboard Shortcuts?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by dr.solveberg, Feb 15, 2014.

1. dr.solveberg

dr.solveberg Racer

Is it possible to change the keyboard shortcuts? I couldn't find the settings in any of the ini files.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Downshift stops working mid-game [Resolve by changing Keyboard shift down binding from 'Alt'] Jan 10, 2022
    Bug reports problem changing TC on mclaren 720 evo. Loss of power Jan 26, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Changing steer lock doesn't work with Thurstmaster TS-XW Aug 4, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting UE4-AC2 Game has crashed - Fatal error! [Resolved by changing audio bitrate] Nov 9, 2022
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Changing flag on trackside Zandvoort Oct 19, 2022
    ACC Gameplay AI pit again on top of hour instead of changing driver when swapping tyres Jun 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Changing seat position in cockpit won't save May 30, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Series X - Game crashing when changing Caster 1.7.10 Apr 16, 2022
    ACC User Interface Warning popup when changing the number of opponents Mar 29, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Wheel FFB disappears after changing the driver settings Dec 18, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Changing Debouncing Value Sep 21, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality dinamically changing graphic settings Sep 19, 2021
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Car is invisible after changing the model Sep 11, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Car Electronics Settings Randomly Changing Aug 25, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting Tyres not automatically changing between runs Apr 27, 2021

3. Drukhi

Drukhi Rookie

Very good Question!

At least i need to change two Keys as well! Nedded for other Programs in Background! (Video Capturing)

4. Quffy

Quffy Alien

5. Drukhi

Drukhi Rookie

... what a bad design decission ...

6. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

The whole system of input mapping is in a terrible state.

7. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

i agree but how many buttons do we really need whilst driving.

8. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

It's not about how many you need, but about basic UI design for straightforward ease of use.

For example, common sense suggests that you use available unmodified keys before forcing people to use 'ctrl' etc. Why isn't the list of shortcuts more like...

Ctrl+R : replay
    Ctrl+S : slow motion (replay)
    A : ABS on/off
    T : traction control modes on/off
    H : show/hide apps
    Ctrl+O : restart session
    L : disable names
    M : toggle mouse steering
    G : gearbox Auto
    I : racing line on/off
    Q : disable damage displayer

I left some of those needing modifier because they're things you don't want to do accidentally. Taking it another level, I'd suggest:

A : ABS on/off
    Shift+A : ABS +
    Ctrl+A : ABS -

And the same with 'T' for traction control. This would remove the silly situation where you press a key one too many times and then have to go through the entire cycle of (up to 12?) settings to get back to the state you intended. You also know that pressing Ctrl+A multiple times will also guarantee you're on the lowest setting (assuming it doesn't roll back to the highest).

Of course it also goes without saying that all these functions should be remappable, and all of them should be assignable to wheel/controller buttons without using profilers or other third-party software.

Apologies for the slightly ranty nature of this post. I appreciate that KS have an awful lot of other stuff to sort out, but I'd have thought this was relatively low-hanging fruit. Stuff that doesn't take a huge amount of development time, but offers clear improvements in terms of basic functionality and usability.

9. Briklebritt

Briklebritt Simracer

When sitting in cockpit, Ctrl+T sets the traction control, but also the seat goes down. :mad:

One key does two different things. How did you solve this problem? I saw, that the shortcuts are fixed and cannot be changed.

10. The Moog

The Moog Racer

Just here to ask nicely for all of the keys and shortcuts to be remappable.

It would be much nicer to change many of these settings from a wheel button or button box on the fly, rather than having to have access to your keyboard and try and remember them...

11. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Close the onboard settings app to stop your seat being affected.

12. The Moog

The Moog Racer

Might also be nice to allow multiple mappings for keys, so that you could set two buttons to perform the same functions.

This would be really useful if you have multiple wheel rims so that you don't have to switch between saved profiles every time you swap a rim, and allow you to use a keyboard and button box to do the same things.