1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Chevrolet corvette c7r

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Christopher Low, Jul 25, 2015.

1. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask a setup question, but......I would like some advice regarding the Chevrolet Corvette C7R GTE. Is this car supposed to be as quick as the GT2 cars? I am struggling to get any pace out of it at Spa, so any suggestions would be very welcome. Do I need to change the gear ratio? Any basic setup tweaks that need to be done? It feels quite stable @ default.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Chevrolet Corvette GT3 Jul 11, 2022
    Screens & Videos Chevrolet Corvette C4 ZR1 Mar 26, 2019
    Bug reports Chevrolet Corvette C7R + some more cars, game crash when track loads Feb 14, 2018
    Screens & Videos Chevrolet Corvette C7.R at Daytona RC Apr 14, 2017
    Physics Bugs & Issues Chevrolet Corvette C7 auto clutch at 2300rpm Jan 18, 2017
    Screens & Videos Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray driving in Imola. Dec 8, 2016
    3D car models Chevrolet corvette c6 Feb 21, 2015
    3D car models Chevrolet Corvette 1996 May 1, 2014
    ACC Troubleshooting Driver Swap with Chevrolet Camaro leads to GAME CRASH in Multiplayer!!! Aug 5, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Chevrolet Camaro GT4 - driver swap crash Aug 1, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Are magnetic damper data provided by chevrolet? to KUNOS Mar 31, 2016
    3D car models Chevrolet Impala 1967 (WIP) - Beta version is available Aug 17, 2015
    General modding discussion Error help wit chevrolet monza classic modded car Dec 28, 2014
    3D car models Opel ascona gt + chevrolet monza 500ef (wip) May 28, 2014
    3D car models On hold- 1986 chevrolet monte carlo ss Mar 26, 2014

3. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

Wow!! By chance I started doing the same combination today and wanted to start a thread on this - C7R at Spa. Mostly facing issues with easily locking up the brakes. Otherwise, as you said, it looks stable though I am certainly not going quick.

4. Fivizzz

Fivizzz Simracer

I've driven this car in a league GTE/2 championship so I may have some tips here and there.

First off, it can race the GT2s no problem. Especially the M3. The Ferrari is slightly OP for the category. During the championship practice, drivers of similar abilities would quite easily and consistently lap around .5sec faster with the Ferrari than the other 2 cars. But the Ferrari seems to have trouble with elevation changes and the Corvette loves them. After spending time on the setup we'd eventually close a good part of the gap.
    The Ferrari has insane top speed for the category, and most importantly seems to reach it pretty easily, especially compared to the M3, so basically, the Bimmers will get smoked at Spa.
    With low wings the Corvette can still give a good fight, but the Ferraris are just ridiculously fast at Spa, their cornering speed is just out of reach for the Corvettes then...

The car is very stable with the default setup but when you push it it gets very understeery on corner entry (which I personaly hate) and tends to have the back wheels snap on corner exit (which I can live with). Fixing that can be a good start.

As with every car, get the ride height as low as possible, fiddle with suspension travel to prevent bottoming out at Eau Rouge, run low wings. I don't really know what the gearing ratio's like for Spa, I don't drive it there often. But I guess it's probably not ideal. Top Speed is at the end of Kemmel Straight, so here's for your 6th gear. Arrange the rest accordingly.
    Keep enough downforce so you don't need to lift at any point between Stavelot and the Bus Stop. Then again, if you fix the turn-in understeer to get a more reactive front end, a couple of insignificant lift-offs to get the car pointing the right way might find compensation in a few kph difference in top speed and slightly better acceleration. But you'll still be slower in sector 2 with lower downforce. So... Decisions. :D

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
    snyperal likes this.
  5. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Here's my setup for the vette at Spa, far from perfect but I manage to do some decent times with it.
    That 2:17.1xx is with super softs ofc. Meds are a tad slower. I think I managed a 1:18.xx with it can't remember.:)

Attached Files:

6. My best lap so far is a 2:21.3 :(

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I have a question: why is the c7r the only car that doesnt come with tc?

8. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Because it doesn't irl.
    TC is forbidden in the TUSCC (Don't ask me why, dumbest thing ever).

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Its a gt2 car, right? It shouldnt be that difference between us/eu/oz with the cars. I might have missed something.

10. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

Actually engine-based TC is allowed in GTE-cars. I don't think it's simulated though.

GTE-cars are GTE-cars and GT2's are GT2, they should not be compared. Different class, different rules. In real life they don't exist in same race.

11. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

GTE, it's built within ACO GTE/GT2 rules but since it only runs 1 race in Europe (2014 version, don't know about the 2015 version) it doesn't have TC afaik. Imsa rules simply don't allow TC. Blame them for being dip****s.
    Both in the WEC & TUSCC (formerly ALMS) are the GTE cars however there are slightly different rulepackages and the IMSA (TUSCC) has its own BoP.
    Hell, I'm not even sure if TC is allowed in the GTE nowadays. Big chance that it isn't.

kofotsjanne likes this.
  12. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

GTE actually is the same as GT2, it's just a different name and 2-3 years difference between them. Most rules haven't changed that much so the cars are comparable.
    I think you're confusing it with GT3 ;)

kofotsjanne likes this.
  13. What's dumb about it? Can't modern race drivers handle cars that don't have it? o_O

14. rd.king

rd.king Hardcore Simmer

I like the fact that the Chevrolet factory C7R GTE doesn't use traction control but it does use factory air conditioning.

15. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

I live at Brazil, I want Assetto Corsa simulate air conditiong right now!

mistery likes this.
  16. henri

henri Hardcore Simmer

No I'm not. It's you who is confusing people when you talk like it's just change of one letter. :rolleyes:

17. PhenOm

PhenOm Alien

Ehh no?
    GTE = GT2, just newer models with small changes regulation wise. Speed-wise they're basically the same. They're the same class just rebranded.
    GT2 is what it used to be. Now it's GTE (WEC) or GTLM (TUSCC).
    Edit:
    Here you go for even more info on the matter.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LM_GTE

18. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

I ran that combo for an evening and I don't remember anything specific about the car...it drove like a front engined GT2 car tbh. Don't be scared to get in the corners hard, the front end responds well under abuse and the car won't go crazy if you make corrections past the entry. I mean don't try to drive it like the ferrari but more like the BMW.

2.15.7xx with this setup. I think it's still WR atm. It has default suspension iirc. I changed ride height, wings, alignment and gearing.
    The car will do 2.14s easy if proper drivers eventually bother with it. I still have the AC replay of the 2.15, send me your email if you want to watch it

Attached Files:

PhenOm likes this.
  19. 2:14s and 2:15s are insane, Phil. How the hell do people manage that?? It makes me wonder if I am missing something obvious :confused:

20. Down to 2:20.065 now with default setup, and I think I can get into the 2:19s, but that will have to wait until tomorrow. Any more will have to come from magic spells or alien venom.

21. yusupov

yusupov Alien

2:20 is an excellent time imo, or should be.tho i guess it depends on tires/grip setting etc, if its optimal grip and softs theres probably a lot there but idk why anyone would drive on that unless theyre going for that live WR thing