1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

Choosing a rating

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Eric D, Feb 14, 2019 at 8:31 AM.

1. Eric D

Eric D Rookie

Is there a way to choose the rating you want to work on? My rating has been focusing on racecraft. It's a 99 now but my other ratings aren't really moving at all. Can you cycle them?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Multiplayer Issues with choosing a multiplayer server Monday at 6:42 AM
    ACC General Discussions Choosing a Z390 Motherboard Help Jan 21, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting Choosing to warp to pits removes on screen popups Jan 17, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Sensitivity changes when choosing different cars and tracks. Oct 12, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Choosing AI liveries Sep 13, 2017
    Console Lounge Choosing Livery in online races Sep 5, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Bmw group a when choosing dtm as opponents. Sep 27, 2015
    General modding discussion What critria do modders look for when choosing a car? Jul 24, 2014
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Choosing another car = need to restart the game... (solved = read-only folder) Dec 6, 2013
    ACC General Discussions Why only TR, CN and CC on the rating practice info option? Feb 10, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Safety rating dropped Feb 8, 2019
    ACC General Discussions ACC Safety rating Feb 6, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Driver rating Jan 29, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards CN rating cannot increase in Zolder Jan 19, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Suddenly lost all my ratings Jan 17, 2019

3. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I am no expert here but it seems to me that the ratings aren't separated. All get updated together according to what you do. If you drive in the latest special events (first page) you will increase your PC (pace) ranking and if you race against AI it also affects your RC, SA (racecraft, safety) etc.. All the same if you post decent lap times on all of the tracks that will increase your TR (track competence) rating. If while doing so you have a consistent pace and don't spin a lot that will also increase your CC (car control) and CN (consistency) ratings.

You can certainly decide to focus more on some rankings. As far as I understand:
    • PC (pace): compete in the 4 new special events (first page of the special events) and get a decent place in the respective leaderboards
    • RC (racecraft), SA (safety): race against AI, try to avoid accidents but also fight for position and get good race results. I think it does not work in multiplayer for the moment but I guess it will soon (next week's 0.6?)
    • TR (track competence): post valid lap times on all of the tracks. If you have a track where you have never driven before, go ahead and learn it, that will immediately increase your TR
    • CC (car control), CN (consistency): I guess these are constantly updated no matter what you do. Practice with the cars, learn the limits and how to stay within them in a consistent way.

Check this thread for more info:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...acc-rating-system-part-ii-long-version.51975/
    Also this one:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...tem-part-i-we-want-to-help-you-improve.50766/

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019 at 8:57 AM
  4. Eric D

Eric D Rookie

Thanks for the info. The reason I ask is because of this line from the "Track Competency" section of Part 1:

"At this point, you always have the choice to focus on the next rating, or to improve the previous one(s)."

5. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Yes, exactly. You don't actually choose a rating but you can be aware that different things you do may affect different ratings.

6. Eric D

Eric D Rookie

7. tjr

tjr Gamer

You can also choose which part of the rating system is displayed in the HUD, but only for practice sessions I think (away from computer right now).

D.Jankovic likes this.
  8. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Racer

You can switch between different ratings, shown while driving, in the Options / hud menu under "rating practice info"

Rating HUD.JPG .

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019 at 4:13 PM
  9. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Racer

For example "car control"

Rating HUD_Car Control.JPG

10. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Responses are correct so far. Just a quick recap of how we got here: The basic idea is that you will quickly advance through the ratings until you hit the one where the system can help you to overcome obvious problems.
    While drivers on this forum may not be very representative, I suspect most users in ACC will hit a wall at either TR, CN or CC. While there, the system gives you unnatural feedback and help to understand the problem. Most prominent is the CC, where you can see especially overturning and overdoing in a realtime state. Once the user overcomes his weakness, he'll automatically beat 50 rating soon and go on to the next one/wall.

But then I gave in to the requests that people who advanced further still want to have focused practice and utilize the CN or CC view for that, so we got this option.

The long term goal is obviously, that you unlock the final "Competition Rating" where the whole rating app is in it's minimized state. That is you've gone through all elements, and either knew them blindly or have learned enough to understand the trick without the need to watch numbers and colors while racing.
    Additionally I can imagine an "adaptive" option, which will use a sensible focus despite what is unlocked; e.g. TR while Track Medals are not maxed for a track; PC while you are in leaderboard events etc.

PiretSS2000, LHMGTR, Setsuna and 3 others like this.