1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Christmas Hotlap Challenge #108 – The twelve minutes of Christmas or “We have all the time in the wo

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Dec 19, 2018.

1. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

@Totall Wrytoff there was a difference and it was a lot smoother etc.I tried going online for some races etc to check it out and it just would not go to any servers.I also couldn't get to the ps store and logging in just went on for 30 mins .After s few tries i gave up.I hooked up my standard ps4 and everything was ok,very strange.I did a search and seems others have had the same problem:eek:.

Totall Wrytoff likes this.
  2. Gijon

Gijon Simracer

Abarth Hotlap
    12.32.686 X1X
    12-28-2018_2-50-45_PM-loxtsbu0.png

3. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

12.31.667 improvement

12 31 667 108 abarth.jpg

mistakes mistakes mistakes.....*brrr*brrr* - this car is a beast. little slide - missed apex, two or three km/h to slow entering a long straight, some tenths too late with shifting. it forgives nothing....:rolleyes:

4. DonZmeuheu

DonZmeuheu Hardcore Simmer

Hy folks, have a question to the pc audience. Because I pre ordered it a Fanatec Podium Direct Drive wheel for PS4 and PC I'm absolutely sure to switch to the dark side in future. At the moment I'm on PS4 Pro but in the future It will be a switch to a gaming PC. I will mostly use this PC for SimRacing and nothing else. When we talk about PCs I'm a totally Dummy
    A friend of mine who isnt into simracing but knows a little bit about PCs showed me this Thing.

https://www.mifcom.ch/gaming-pc-core-i7-8700k-rtx-2080-ssd-id6983

Will this PC be the right thing for my preference?
    Will this PC be outdated in the next few years.?
    Do I need a core I9 or will a i7 will work fine for SimRacing?
    Sorry for my dumb questions and beeing off topic.
    Hope you guys had all great christmas

365gt likes this.
  5. Tibor Sólyom

Tibor Sólyom Hardcore Simmer

It's a very good machine, you can use it at least for 5 years, I'm sure.
    I would say you can even buy a cheaper one now and change it in 2-3 years. Same spending but better machine in long term (top PCs have higher loss of value).

365gt, DonZmeuheu and sissydriver like this.
  6. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

hi donZmeuHeu,

SSD is to small. 250GB Samsung costs ~55€ (0,22 €/GB), 500GB ~80€(0,16€/GB), 1TB ~160GB(0,16€/GB) - 500GB is best buy atm.

If you want to play AC - look at my signature - this is enough for 60 FPS with triples.

If you want to play ACC you cant have enough GPU / CPU power.

There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers ;)

365gt and DonZmeuheu like this.
  7. DonZmeuheu

Thanks for the answer. Then I will buy a bigger one if SSD is to small. It's like I said a PC only for my SimRacing. So I will use it for AC, ACC, Project Cars 2 (and 3 in future), Iracing, RaceRoom and all the other great titles.

365gt and Lewisxbone like this.
  8. DonZmeuheu

Thanks for the answer. I will think about your advice, maybe thats the better way

365gt likes this.
  9. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

@DonZmeuheu ,i'm in the same boat.It's very daunting,all these various components?????,very cool though.
    Thanks to those who answered Donzmeuheu questions,it's helped me too.

DonZmeuheu likes this.
  10. DonZmeuheu

Indeed, its really daunting but also interesting.

365gt likes this.
  11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

some more input:

https://www.heise.de/ct/artikel/Der-optimale-PC-2018-4236869.html
    (in german, sorry...)

Heise is one of the best sources.

https://www.cpubenchmark.net/

Here you can see, for example, the difference between my graphics card - 1060, and 1080 and 2080.

Geforce RTX 2080TI has 16.840, GTX 1080TI has 14.162 and GTX 1060 has 9.045. The 2080 is atm not so much better than a 1080. For me the 1060 is enough, and costs ~ 700€ less than the others.

Same way you can compare CPU.

If you have a killer application/feature that you MUST HAVE you can buy the newest and fastest (ACC seems to need a lot of CPU/GPU Power. But its early access, so nobody knows what you really need for stable 60fps and night and rain and >20 opponents).
    The good thing today - you can not make really big mistakes. Some years ago it was much more difficult. Only if someone tells you that you can have an up to date pc for 500€ or that you must invest more than 1500€ - thats both nonsense.
    What Tybor says is the right way - i wouldnt buy the best and newest - something from the middle.

365gt and DonZmeuheu like this.
  12. Tibor Sólyom

We always buy for the company the "second best" main components, usually they have the best value/price ratio. For GPU the 2070 actually (970 and 1070 earlier) and for CPU a high, almost top i7 (9700K is the best now IMO).
    These machines usually cost about 1.200 - 1.300 EUR.

365gt, sissydriver and DonZmeuheu like this.
  13. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Yeah I would agree, normally wise to aim for one below the top of the range, as the top of the range is always overpriced for what it is, presumably to take advantage of all the people that have to have "the best" and will pay a premium to be able to say it :p

365gt, sissydriver and DonZmeuheu like this.
  14. DonZmeuheu

Thank you guys for all the answers. I will spend my money wisely so I appreciate all your inputs. Please dont laugh but till yesterday when Sissydriver mentioned the SSD, I had no clue what an SSD is.
    So I have a lot to learn but its absolutely interesting what such a machine can offer. The only thing which I know by now is that I wont get tripple monitors. I have found this badboy monitor.
    Samsung QLed Gaming Monitor:

https://www.digitec.ch/de/s1/produc...Iv5WAsqXF3wIVUOh3Ch2fPQprEAQYASABEgKvNvD_BwEÜ

365gt and sissydriver like this.
  15. Tibor Sólyom

And what do you think about VR? Have you tried it yet? Your new machine will be capable for that.

365gt, DonZmeuheu and sissydriver like this.
  16. DonZmeuheu

Because I found my way into SimRacing from RealLive Racing, I was first absolutely attracted by VR. Because I have a Console I never tried PSVR because I heard nothing good about it. A few months ago a Racing School in Switzerland had a open door day on their simulators and they invited me. I have tried for hours all the top VR Headsets for comparison with a friend of mine. I had no problem with motion sickness, of course felt a little bit dizzy but thats it. After a few hours me and my colleague both didnt like it at all. I can understand that people like the extra immersion you get but besides that everything was worser IMO. But who knows what the future brings, maybe this lenses get better and better but for know I'm sticking to my monitors.

17. Improvement
    Main Course hotlap
    PS4
    upload_2018-12-29_19-13-9.png
    Agony in slow motion. I could do better, but can I?o_O

Lewisxbone, 365gt, ddsmak and 4 others like this.
  18. Improvement
    5 lap pudding
    upload_2018-12-29_22-22-29.png
    A much softer rear end! I reckon your tuning is as good as your driving bud! Thanks, I'm into the mid 25s as a result.
    I find the car feels more slightly more twitchy but is sooo much more willing on corner entry (vs stock.) Look, a tenth per lap for me! It would have been much more but lap 4 was 1.7 secs over the pace...

Lewisxbone, 365gt, V8_KB and 4 others like this.
  19. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

Main course:
    12.51.238 PS4
    Belated Merry Christmas to everyone and have a safe happy New Years.[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

20. ddsmak

ddsmak Hardcore Simmer

Hi DonZmeuheu,
    There were lots of great advices from the others guy already, I thought I will add a couple more to confuse you! lol
    After looking at the link to your computer spec.,
    - you could save a little bit by going to Intel i5-8600. You will be able to max out the graphics in AC because of your top of the line video card.
    - The SSD hard drive in your spec is SATA, it is consider out dated, even though it is faster than regular hard drives. Since your motherboard supports M.2 connection, it is worth the money to go to M.2 NVMe SSD. The M.2 NVMe drives are usually 6 times faster read/3 times faster write than regular SATA SSD drives, but it only costs a tiny bit more. The important part is NVMe.

Cheers.

sissydriver, 365gt and DonZmeuheu like this.