1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Christmas Hotlap Challenge #159 – A Christmas triple tipple

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Improvement
    Port and cigars
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2019-12-28_18-25-53.png
    This is not good for the blood pressure!
    Also did a vid;

Far more frantic than Smoothyryder's, all for a puny 2/10ths! :)

2. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

BucksFizz
    Improvement
    Sissydriver
    pc

1 33 198 159_1.jpg

3. Improvement
    The Burgundy
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2019-12-28_19-50-14.png
    I'm with @Pretend racer on this circuit.
    On the sentiment, rather than the lap time obviously!!

4. DriverModFTW

DriverModFTW Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Ports and cigars
    DriverModFTW
    PC
    20191228_211044.jpg
    Not my favorite..kinda lost patience to keep going with this one.

5. DriverModFTW

Improvement
    The burgundy
    DriverModFTW
    PC
    20191228_214337.jpg
    Had a few tenths lower earlier in the lap but it's funny how screwing up one section really bites you. This one has been fun for me.

6. WHC 159 half way review and current standings

Buck’s Fizz
    1. Mustang 500 1.31.962 XB1
    2. Pretend Racer - 1.31.968 pc
    3. DriverModFTW - 1.32.296 PC
    4. Totall Wrytoff - 1.32.683 PS4
    5. Sissydriver - 1.33.198 pc
    6. Leif - 1.33.282 PC
    7. Laughing Gravy - 1.33.548 PS4
    8. Gamma500 - 1.35.752 XB1

The Burgundy
    1. Pretend racer 2.01.292 pc
    2. F1415182235 - 2:02.380- X1
    3. Leif - 2.02.431 PC
    4. DriverModFTW - 2.02.997 PC
    5 . Totall Wrytoff - 2.04.254 PS4
    6. Sissydriver - 2.04.328 pc
    7. Laughing Gravy - 2.04.667 PS4
    8. Gamma500 - 2.06.288 XB1

Port and cigars
    1. Pretend racer 2.38.240 pc
    2. Totall Wrytoff - 2.40.060 PS4
    3. Moodyryder 2.40.245 PS4
    4. DriverModFTW - 2.40.758 PC
    5. Leif - 2.41.397 PC
    6. Sissydriver - 2.46.655 pc
    7. Laughing Gravy - 2.47.784 PS4

Overall Ranking
    (Based on Lowest Points 1st = 1pt 2nd = 2pts etc)

1. Pretend racer….. ………...2 1 1 - 4pts
    2=. DriverModFTW…...3 4 4 - 11pts
    2=. Totall Wrytoff ……..4 5 2 - 11pts
    4. Leif…………………...….6 3 5 - 14pts
    5. Sissydriver….……...…5 6 6 - 17pts
    6. Laughing Gravy….....7 7 7 - 21pts

A week has passed already since it was lights out and away we go for the 2019 Christmas WHC. Feels like there has only been time to blink twice! Is it because of the tipples? But look how much has happened!
    @DriverModFTW was the first to get stuck in and he downed the lot in one go. Not only that he was just 2/10ths off the RSR Best for the 570S around Monza road course and he smashed through the RSR Best for the Lotus Type 49 around Black Cat Short. It was a Christmas cracker of a start!
    Just for the record, on 22nd DriverMod said of the Lotus at Black Cat: “Addicting this one is…. Very fun!” Just seven days later – “Not my favorite..kinda lost patience to keep going with this one.” To me that shows one’s been trying and has now given up!!
    Totall Wrytoff myself was next in, with a set of very average times for the Bucks Fizz and Burgundy. Worse, there was a question mark over stamina, although we were into the small hours. However, 30mins later Champagne was being quietly opened to celebrate his first ever - and almost certainly last - position as fastest in the world. Only 4/1000ths faster but nobody will forget it! (I promise!)
    upload_2019-12-29_17-32-44.png
    Very delighted to have enjoyed this! Sorry-ish to show off, but this isn’t everyday, and Taylors 1968 Single Harvest is pure, honeyed nectar!

@Laughing Gravy arrived with an excellent Burgundy. Clearly this is a tipple he consumes regularly and is well suited to! Good gravy is based on a wine reduction after all! Surprisingly there has been no improvement, so I suspect he drank his quality drop all in one go!
    Very unusually, it seemed to have snowed at Monza last Monday. @sissydriver clearly showed us the leaden skies, frosted tress and snow covered track. Hugely seasonal, but tricky for a good lap time. Having been away for a few weeks he has returned with new, soft and cosy footwear, special designed for the consumption of Port and cigars. Quality! Later in the week things became more serious and these were ditched!
    @Gamma joined in with a bit of one-upmanship on the Burgundy, posting his time simply to enjoy a fleeting feeling of triumph. Excellent idea, like we all would if we could, get it whilst it’s hot!
    Late on Monday @Pretend racer hit the Bucks Fizz, was nearly one second faster and provided another compelling video. He took two swigs at Curva Grande, dropping down to 4th gear, but his smooth quaffing of the Lesmos, very especially the way he took the second Lesmo, established him as the king of acid reflux!
    Christmas Day arrived and there was a flurry of lappery. @LeiF arrived, and I’m going to call him Scary LeiF. As a man used to, and rather good at talking his way out of trouble, his police training video has given me nightmares. However even though he ran out, his 2:02.4 Burgundy was very, very good. We are expecting big things in the run up to New Year.
    @F1415182235 left it until Boxing Day to serve up his Burgundy and, well, it was better than LeiF’s! I would say a 1929 D.R.C. to LeiF’s ’71… but we are splitting hairs! Let’s have another glass!
    Black Cat County Short is obviously close to Olympus. Having recovered from the early indigestion @Pretend racer reappeared late on Boxing Day reminding us the use of cannabis for recreational purposes became legal across his country on 17 October 2018. After a year of this, no doubt the “Sporting Federation of Russia” is whiter than white in comparison. It is round to his for New Year’s then! Footnote to this, Pretend racer had gone fastest in everything!

Bucks Fizz
    upload_2019-12-29_17-33-32.png
    The Burgundy
    upload_2019-12-29_17-33-52.png
    Pot in one’s cigar
    upload_2019-12-29_17-34-24.png

Once the tinsel and tat had mostly disappeared, it was safer for @moodyryder to emerge. Straight into the Port and cigars and what a lap! If he had posted that time at the beginning of the week, like me, he too could have sat astride the world, basking in the glory and adulation of being the fastest man on the planet. Wall-ryder is much too much of a gentleman for that, in fact I think he was surprised at his own excellence. He posted his time insisting he hadn’t cheated and used the old “IT not working” excuse to back himself up! However, having looked at the lap, it was 2mins 40 secs of smoothness and control. He is now Smoothyryder!
    @Mustang 500 arrived late on Boxing Day and hit the Bucks Fizz hard. Perhaps he had been practising all week, perhaps he’d had a pint of milk before going out, perhaps he had stayed clean! Whatever his time of 1.31.962 dethrones Pretend Racer and Mustang 500 sides astride the world, basking in all of the glory and adulation, as the fastest man on the planet, in the 570S around Monza Road course.

Chunky improvements are pouring in, we have a week to go. Can Pr overhaul the wild American horse at Monza? Can anyone overhaul Pr everywhere else? Will the snow melt at Monza?

Finally, at a time of extreme difficulty for him, I would like to pay tribute to a man I’ve never met in person, but whom I would not hesitate to call my friend. You will have noticed no Lewis. I am so, so sorry to say Lewis’ father passed away on the morning of Christmas Eve. He was staying with Lewis and his little family. One cannot imagine how tough things must be for them all, please do PM Lewis a message of support if you want. Lewis is one of the most charming people you would have the pleasure to meet. He has strong and good principles; he is generous of spirit, he is kind and would never stoop to nastiness, even when upset. He is touchingly conscientious, diligent and reliable. He is genuine and modest, he has fantastic perseverance and we all know he is one of the fastest in the world. God bless you Lewis and give strength to you and your family. He knows I'm posting this for him. We are all thinking of you Lewis. We wish you and your family all the best and Lewis, I hope you feel it, we are all rooting for you BIG TIME. xx

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  7. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

The Burgundy
    Emmanuel Tubbiolo
    Xb1

Happy Christmas everyone..
    First I would like to apologise about leaving the fun with no explanation. Had to look after a few things..
    I saved all my energy for the Christmas challenge and it felt so good to be back. Unfortunately you won't see me much for a while but will try to do one time to time. Haven't looked at the thread much as I didn't want to be jalous but I am sure you guys are fast as ever.

Attached Files:

8. Great to see you ET!! Great!!:D
    Rather a good lap time too! Brilliant!:)

9. Neilski

Neilski Alien

So very sorry to hear the news about your father @Lewisxbone - best wishes to you and your family at this tough time.

10. DriverModFTW

Improvement
    The burgundy
    PC
    20191229_162622.jpg

11. Improvement
    The Burgundy
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2019-12-29_21-53-33.png
    About half a bottle left for me to nail.

12. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

@Lewisxbone My thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time.

13. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

I wasn't sure if I was going to do a single lap but following the sad news I will post a lap for Lewis and his family.

14. gamma500

gamma500 Hardcore Simmer

I think everyone who participates in WHC shares the same sentiments.

God Bless!

15. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Screenshot_20191230-133422.png

On the canal in Leeds earlier.

16. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Wow, for real?! :-O

17. moodyryder

Yep. He's by the locks at Bramley Fall Woods. Long way from New York. :)

Neilski, sissydriver, 365gt and 2 others like this.
  18. :D A brilliant bust!
    @Laughing Gravy
    's reputation is toast!!;):D:D:D
    No wonder he disguises his IP!
    Nonetheless, he's still the greatest WHCer. :)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  19. moodyryder

Burgundy
    moodyryder
    Ps4

20191230_161632.jpg

Apologies to LG.

20. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer