1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Close to impossible Special Events?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AntonioR, Sep 11, 2016.

1. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

You don't mind I compare with your BMW M4 run?

2. AntonioR

AntonioR Rookie

No problem at all mate. The more help I get the faster I can get these lovely gold medals :)

3. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

It's a 1:40.389 I drive on a different racing line.

Maybe silver, but not gold...

4. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Looking at Stefano's post on Racedepartment it might be true that consoles are on older tyre model. If it is then maybe they changed lap times on consoles based on cars performance on PC? Doesn't sound logical, but that F40 S3 time from consoles is doable on PC.
    I'll try the M4 later on and see if I can get that console time on PC.

5. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Yeh and he just puts in a bronze time, you think he's got another 3 seconds he can make up? I doubt it. What you see on the virtual screen may look similar but it's not. I can tell just looking at the console version he's abusing his wheel, something I had to do on GT5/6 because of it's drifting physics but racing never needed excess force on the wheel. It's unrealistic and i'm not going to subject my wheel to it when quite frankly it's an embarrassment to the F40 name.

6. AntonioR

AntonioR Rookie

@L2D Godzilla

The physics are fine. I can pretty much guarantee you the virtual wheel matches his/hers inputs, just like it does on my M4 video. If you think counter-steering hard or correcting the wheel quickly is seen as abuse or bad driving physics then you need to watch or drive some actual race/street cars. Any wheel from the mainstream brands can take this kind of driving.
    The F40 is difficult to drive because it actually is. Everyone can praise the F40 whoever they want but it does not hide the fact that it was poorly designed car (i.e very hard to drive which compromises speed).

7. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I edited in a way that it's now much easier to see corner per corner by freezing the frame.

8. AntonioR

AntonioR Rookie

Tweet those to Steffano, specially the M4. Proves that the game is drivable with the controller :)

Anyway why do you PC guys get a posh heads-up display while we console peasants have nothing?

9. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I gave the M4 challenge a go and got gold on PC, but if I read correctly it's 1s faster on consoles? 1:37.5? If so then I don't think I could shave off another second, but I know there are guys out there that will do that kind of lap times. So it's like the F40 one, not impossible on PC to get "console gold", but reserved for really fast guys. I got 1:38.424 in the M4 and 1:56.588 in the F40 S3, I can upload replays of those laps if anyone is interested.

I don't know how it is on consoles but at least on PC those challenges are doable. You can always wait until consoles version will be on par with "our" AC and then you will be sure that everything is the same. Personally I can see myself doing that F40 time, because I'm just 0.1s off and you can see there's still some time left on the track, but the M4 one is unlikely for me. But I know how fast are some of the guys I race with and I accept that I might not be able to get gold every time, but it doesn't mean something is "impossible".
    We got it recently and M4 was released last year, so it happens sometimes that KS just adds details to existing cars. My guess is that you will get it too when consoles version will be updated to the same version as the PC one.

10. AntonioR

AntonioR Rookie

So I just finished another gaming session of Assetto Corsa tonight and after doing some career I decided to try some special events.
    I did the Alfa 4C on the Nordschleife at the first lap. Tried the AMG GT3 on Zandvoort and it is a pain. I am experimenting with the setups and all but with a controller I doubt I can gold it and I consider myself a driver well above average. Also tried some time attacks, specially the Tattus on Vallelunga. This I could most likely swear it is impossible, seriously. I am doing fast, consistent good laps and the timer ends before I even get silver.

All in all something is wrong here. I can do some at first try, others with some practice and the rest looks impossible. Like, seriously impossible (the M4 is a good example). They are asking me to shave three seconds of a lap that is already guns blazing or the timer ends while doing blinking fast laps. Before you think I suck at this game I honestly dont. I have years of experience on sim-racing and consider myself well above average with a wheel and pretty darn good with a controller. I mean, I am faster with a wheel but not by much (since I am already quick with the controller) and since I cannot afford one at the moment I have to resort to the pad.

Also it baffles me the decision to make these "Special Events" absurdly difficult. I understand that they want them to be challenging in order to be fun. I´m fine with that. The thing is, most people on the consoles use a controller, which is hard to get used to therefore it makes things even more complicated. It is kinda frustating really.

Anyone have a good 650S GT3 tune? The car sharps turn at minimum steering input. I need more understeer.

11. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

You're on a controller and i'm on a wheel, I think we (sorry wheel users and experienced alike) know which is more reliable in terms of judging physics especially when controller on console is well........ You can clearly see there are huge differences in the PC version F40 compared to the console version specifically the handling, for you flicking your little thumbstick left and right to attain full lock requires about 1/50 the time it takes on a wheel to achieve the same results and that's with FFB not accounted for. I don't think you understand the FFB that wheel users have to endure and how the quick little jerks in that replay make a decent FFB wheel react, maybe you should get or try one before claiming you know how it is. So please don't assume I don't know what i'm talking about when it seems you are doing so talking about wheel physics. How many have you owned? How many have you destroyed? I've owned over 5 and broke at least 3. I'm guessing you don't have any experience with wheels at all come to think of it since you don't seem to know how easy it is to abuse a wheel and the way he is chopping left and right through the corners trying to correct the oversteer is a classic method for ruining a sim wheel for console. Am I wrong? Look mate, you're 20 years of age which means i've got 10+ years more real world experience than you already, I respect you as my family is from Madeira but you are still very young and ask any veteran in real world motorsports and they'll say you've got many years of learning ahead of you, as do I.

Not once does it look like this car is anything but pure driving pleasure, albeit the stage 3 may be modified and faster but shouldn't it also have handling to suit?

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  12. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

I am almost 100% sure I have figured out the F40s' issue which seems to be a common theme i've found on AC so far. I think i'll gather the evidence then create a new thread specifically addressing the issue.

13. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

My problem with the super / hyper cars is that I have very little sense of connection between me and the car, even when using a FFB wheel.

The P1 is the best example of this, it provides no sense of grip through the wheel, I push the pedal and react to what is going on, visually or aurally rather than through feel. I really don't enjoy driving that car at all :(

The F40 is better in terms of feel, but still very difficult to judge rear grip and how throttle and steering angle relate to each other. I am getting better the more time I spend with it, I think ;)

I will clip up my bronze run, I know I am loosing time by being on and off power a lot!

The Alfa 4C at the Nurburgring Nordschleife is a bit too easy, the real car set a lap of 8:04.xx but that doesn't include most of the short pit straight...

I would put my skill level slightly above average maybe a 6 or 7 on the 0 to Alien scale ;) I know I am about 2 seconds off the ultimate pace around a GP circuit in other titles!

I don't feel entitled to a gold medal, really most should be beyond my reach! I am however enjoying the challenge for the most part :)

Getting the balance right across the events could be / should be better. I would add a forth tier for hotlap, and spread the other medals a little wider, for a better sense of progression and drive to improve to the next tier.

14. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Are you on a wheel? I might PM you to test this fix out if you are. Only certain it affects the F40 so far but i'm not on AC now so i'll try some other questionable cars later.<-----hint.

15. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

@L2D Godzilla

Yes, I am on a wheel, but also a different platform (PS4) my bad for posting in this thread ;) it's a subject I find interesting :)

16. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Yeah I am on PS4 too but i'm pretty certain apart from hardware performance the console versions are identical. Only thing I can say that may be different is FFB between xbox and PS4 but I think they're both similar at this point, hopefully you use a G29. Check you're private messages.

17. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Italy, 1987 Bronze Run / PS4 /Dash / Cockpit / Chase

My video editing skills are somewhat limited, so three clips one after another.

Notes: Using clutch with sequential stick shift as I don't have two USB cable extenders to hand.

Time lost with a lot of throttle jabbing, I need to be smoother and only press down the throttle once!

18. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Clutch with sequential shift? So you're using paddles with clutch pedal active??

19. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

I really do think they should cross reference the times with the likes of rsr live timing..

imo gold should be earnt.. It should rely on the user making a setup or downloading one to acheive gold.. Silver should be 20% behind gold and bronze 40% behind silver..

If you cant get bronze, tough titty your ****. Time to put the hours in. Getting silver should be classed as a decent achievement and getting gold you can sit back with your head held high knowing you are apart of that top group of people able to acheive such a time.. Bronze should deffo be able to be acheived using the default setup, silver possibly some fuel and basic setup tweaks.

I remember when there was a time trial at imola with the 458.. Only 16 people were able to beat it, i spent countless hours perfecting my lines and fine tuning the setup, in the end i managed it by 0.01 of a second with just enough fuel to make 1 flying lap.. But guess what.. I was one of those 16 people who managed it.

Same goes for the gt2 bmw one at imola, same thing.. Although it was slightly easier.. But still it took some hours to be able to beat it..

Now if someone doesnt get gold in 10 laps they **** off into a corner and sulk!

The Moose and V8_KB like this.
  20. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Who do you think make those setups? People like me.