1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Close to impossible Special Events?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AntonioR, Sep 11, 2016.

1. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Essentially yes, the paddles are still active, but I have the TH8a shifter set up as a sequential stick, and I am currently using that to shift, push for down, pull for up.

I am not sure if the game likes this but it does let me use the clutch, and try to make manual blips ;) My timing hasn't adjusted properly though!

I don't have the cables required to use the shifter as a h-pattern right now, PS4 is far away from the sofa and I only have one USB extender, which is in use with the wheelbase.

I am supposed to be able to plug the shifter into the wheelbase, it works just fine with Project Cars like that...Hopefully they patch Assetto Corsa with the same functionality I do miss using the h-pattern.

2. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Ah so yeah, I think there's been a major mix up somewhere there, unless you use the H shifter it will not be as noticable but you should still see it very much.:D

EDIT: just tried it the way you are using your wheel and it's the same as what I get, just one big thing...it still happens the way you are using it, so guessing you have H shifter disabled? The way you are set up, with my fix, it will feel much better at speed but once you back off that throttle....That tiny bit of oversteer you still get with my fix....It's completely gone on the H shifter, to the point I can corner with throttle, one hand on the wheel.;)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  3. AntonioR

AntonioR Rookie

You do realize I have played Assetto Corsa on a T500Rs for the past three years. Even the tech preview? In fact, I have also played rFactor 1 and 2 to death (with a T500RS), have thousands of hours in the Forza Motorsport franchise (Fanatec CSR). Hell I made it to the Portuguese GT Academy final without even owning a PS3 and Gran Turismo 6. I have used pretty much every wheel on the market. TX, T300RS, Clubsport V1 and V2, Fanatec Porsche GT2 and Gt3RS, G27 and G25, DFGT (hell even the Sidewinder MS one), used motion simulators, etc, etc. Look I could fill my ego here by writing a long, long post of things I have done in the sim-racing and non sim-racing (read drive on racetrack IRL) scene but I am modest person (seriously I am).
    Short answer, I know what a FFB wheel is. If you are breaking them then honestly I don´t know what you are doing. Mine are still fine, even the 360 FFB Wireless Wheel. Granted I tend to be very smooth with my inputs and not overdrive cars, just like I am told to do on racetrack. Maybe that helps on not killing toy steering wheels? Maybe.

So because you have family from Madeira you respect me? What if I was Spanish? You wouldn´t?

I never said the F40 wasn´t a pure driving experience. All I said was that it had a glorious amount of flaws. Terrible driving position, ridiculous hard clutch, turbo-lag that made the engine unpredictable. All those things make a driver lose confidence in the car which in turn gives slower lap times. By comparison the F50 is much more suited for the job. Does it detract from the driving experience? No. A difficult car is also much more rewarding which translates into much more fun. That is why you have thousands of motor journalists praising the old 70s, 80s and 90s for being more fun than the more recent ones. Despite the modern cars being way faster.

Also its funny that you say that a person with a wheel can judge a game´s physics better than one with a controller (which is true, in some ways) when the fastest lap times in the RSR live timing are made with... yes, a 360 pad.

4. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Cool story now tell us again how you've owned 50 wheels yet never broke one, respect 100% gone now bud. It's called national pride, ever heard of it? So errm what was your ID on Xbox? Being as good as you claim, surely i've heard of you....
    [​IMG]
    This was me on an average day.....My ego is justified(not that it was about ego anyways duh), not overdone...Good day...

5. AntonioR

AntonioR Rookie

First of all, I never said I owned 50 wheels, I said I used most of the wheels on the market.

National pride? Look mate, I respect you and everyone else on this forum no matter where you from. I just do not understand why you had to differentiate me from all the others individuals just because you have family in Madeira (which is cool).

Why in the world would you show me a picture of you (assuming it is you) on the top place of a leaderboard in FM6 (I asssume)? Also why is the lap 7 seconds?
    If you got your ego offended then honestly that was never my intention in the first place. In fact, I created this topic in order to find out if some laptimes are actually impossible to do on the consoles (and there is some evidence that these could be) and you actually kind of agreed with me. If you think I called you amateur (which I didn´t nor thought about it) because of that McLaren P1 bug on the Nordschleife then you are wrong. All I was trying to say is that the game physics are pretty darn good and while there some issues (as the ones you shown) these can be overtook by simply braking a little bit before the jump. Is it a problem? Yes, but programming and code is a pain and things like these are prone to happen no matter how hard Kunos tried.

Just to prove you I was a modest person my gamertag is: II AntR II
    You probably never heard of it because I don´t even own FM6. Maybe if you raced in TORA or participated in the Forza Forums then you might have heard of me. Heck, I know your gamertag.
    Still, just because I do not show up on the top places of a leaderboard (which sometimes I do actually) does not mean I:
    A- Do not know what I am talking about
    B- Does not mean I am not fast
    C- Does not mean I am well above average

Also, if you think I have a big ego and am I being super cocky because of the wording I use on my posts or the fact that I say I am well above average then honestly I don´t what else to tell you besides that I still have much to learn (as anyone does).

Jebus likes this.
  6. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Just the fact that you think this is the solution to my problem is funny. If you watch that again maybe try stopping and starting it, you would see that i'm actually going much slower than necessary for that corner, maybe you can't tell that just by looking or maybe you just assumed that I lost control because of excessive speed. I was pretty much in cruise control buddy I can take that corner much faster and anyone fast enough knows that corner is a screamer and very rarely taken at full speed regardless of hindering factors like this virtual speed bump you think I need to go slower over.

That was Forza 5 if I remember correctly as I played since 2 and held #1 spots officially since 3(the first leaderboards),it was/still is the best 'autosports' simulator to date on consoles, you really can't figure out why it's a 7 second lap? Geez, that knowledge though. Guess you never put your wheel to much use other than the vanilla crowd common scene which is vaguely where I remember seeing your name, in amongst that forum crowd pushing newcomers away telling them how to play the game perhaps? I know of TORA from when they were first starting but they were a third party site and forza had track leaderboards so I knew my competition. You didn't offend my ego because i'm confident in my abilities, random slurs from a stranger I don't know aren't going to bother me.

What I stated may not mean what you say but what it does mean is:
    A- My experience and knowledge generally trumps yours
    B- My abilities both perceiving and performing are generally much higher
    C- Generally I have more gametime, meaning I can learn more in much less time even when it comes to completely new titles.

I don't necessarily agree with you, other than the fact that somethings seem to be very off. I never said the times could not be achieved, infact I could be the closest to getting some of them, though I super highly doubt that unless the faster people than myself are:
    A- Not playing already because many of the same issues plague their experience
    B- Many more plague their experience due to their advanced knowledge and skills
    C- Already on PC since that seems to be where the full experience appears to be.

Though I see professional teams are taking lots of interest in forza and their competitions which have some pretty serious prizes. Looks like there's pc players getting in on the action too though a console god seems to be standing top of the mountain with a few rivals from back in the day still bustin moves over on the box.

So we're supposed to believe you over Hammond, Clarkson and even Tiff Needel saying that it's absolutely amazing, brilliant, possibly the best supercar of all time? You're kidding yourself aren't you, come back down to earth champ. You've had all this experience that's great just one question, how much have you had with Assetto on console with a wheeel?

7. AntonioR

AntonioR Rookie

It is a solution. Works for me at least. The bounce happens when the front of the car lifts and the rear diffuser hits the ground causing some sort of miscalculated collision sending you flying. Just slow down a bit in order to avoid the front lifting. Then again this continues to be off-topic and it is a simply task of creating a thread about this. Yet you come to this here with a completely different subject telling "them fanboys" that the game is broken.

TORA is a third party website with an amazing community in which several people from the top leaderboards raced. I remember racing some people from the recent Forza Racing Championship. The competition is essentially the same or I even dare to say more intense as it was on the LBs.
    Vanilla Crowd Common Scene? What? I used my wheel a lot otherwise I would never have bought it. Again, what does this have to do with the OP?

For someone who is so confident of his abilities I find it baffling that you actually need to outright say your experience trumps mine and continue to try to prove a point. Look mate, you are fast. I believe in you, seriously I do. You have more experience? Ok. How about using that experience to try and help us with problem instead of acting like you have a "vendetta" against me for something so trivial?

Professional teams take interest in all kinds of games. Ferrari uses Assetto Corsa Pro in their museum simulators as does Porsche. Fernando Alonso used rFactor 1. Hell, Lewis Hamilton said somewhere that he used Gran Turismo to practice some tracks layouts.
    Maybe because Forza Players are naturally good at driving no matter the simulator/game? I never argued against that really and again, this is off-topic.

EDIT: You can believe whatever you want as you are free to do so. The things I said about the F40 are facts. I never once said it wasn´t the best supercar of all time nor did I say it wasn´t brilliant. The heavy clutch, terrible driving position and immense turbo lag where both stated by Chris Harris, EVO magazine and Top Gear Magazine, stated by the owner of an F40 here in Portugal and more. It is still a great car, but then again I never said otherwise.
    AC on console with a wheel? Never played it a wheel. I said that in a post on this thread. I do have plenty of time with it on the PC (with a T500RS).

EDIT 2: By poorly designed I mean hard to drive. I might not have made myself clear in that aspect.

8. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

No you've made it very clear by contradicting yourself more times in two posts than my brain cares to count that you have no idea what the car is like in real life nor do you seem to believe cars can handle accordingly. You take a B-grade version of a top gear presenter who's opinion is criticised by 1/100 ratio compared to who I mentioned, like seriously I had to google that guy to even know who he was, who actually pays attention to him, why isn't he the new host since everyone apparently listens to him? But please, tell us more of your PC wheel experience and how that relates to console bugs that you have zero knowledge about other than through your primitive thumbsticks which are so far behind the wheel's abilities on this game currently...

9. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Are you refering to chris harris?

10. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Yeah the guy who's won two races in his whole life in a D Type Jaguar probably against a group of celebs and 70 year old veterans or something haha.

11. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

its my opinion that chris' opinions on cars are pretty good, i judge that by the cars i have driven that he has driven and i find his comments quite true to my feelings.

The Moose likes this.
  12. AntonioR

AntonioR Rookie

What contradiction? The car is poorly designed because it presents those three major problems (and more) I mentioned which make the car hard to drive. It is a great car but that does not detract from the fact that it had major flaws. Some people think its brilliant others think its terrible. I do not agree with either. I think its great because it has a timeless design and it is the last Enzo Ferrari´s philosophy car but as Gordon Murray said - "It's not even '60s technology, from a frame point of view, it's '50s twin-tube technology" - it was old tech and for the better or worse the car was largely unreliable. The McLaren F1 on comparison is so much better and actually well thought despite the average brakes and fixed seat position (from factory).

For someone as experienced and with such knowledge I find it amazing that you had to google who Chris Harris is. In resumé, he is one of the most relevant sportscar journalist of the past 4 years. Despite his stubborn opinion on some things I think ke knows what driving, speed and fun is all about and as such people like him. He even made a video (before Top Gear) with Tiff Needel. What rock have you been living under ;)?

My experience with Assetto Corsa on PC is pretty darn good. The physics are superb and very believable. Having driven the Abarth 500 Esseesse and the Audi S1 I can say with confidence that the characteristics of these cars are well replicated in the simulator. Honestly I was not expecting that. Perfomance is also better than on the consoles.
    It relates because the tyre model might no be the same? It relates because it is a port of the PC game? It relates because AC on consoles is an older version of the PC version? Have you been reading the thread?

13. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Ummm Why would I pay attention to someone with no real credentials? Last 4 years? That sums up your point of view right there buddy, last 4 years bahahahahha i've slept most of the last 4 years away. Age old adage: If it ain't broke....The F40 is simple yet effective. Why would you pick one person lower down the TG totem pole to compare to the two hosts? So you know who brook Tatnell, Peter Brock, Craig Lowndes, etc. etc. etc. are? Geez much of an immature point there about me not knowing some random journo from another country haha. I prefer to take opinions from real racers not failed journos, you should try the same, short of that, generally the highest paid and most popular tend to be the most accurate in terms of not needing lie for a paycheck. If this is a port of the PC version, then i'm Eminem, it's a half of what it is on PC, so much so that calling it a port is an embarrassment to whomever did the porting. Just a FYI this thread has nothing to do with the tyres.

14. AntonioR

AntonioR Rookie

Because that "journo" did this:

A video of 3.5 million views were he was lent a Ferrari F50 and F40. Would you trust your precious cars on some random failed "journo"? I think not. Most of his videos have the same viewer count as the one above and he had plenty of subscribers when he produced content for youtube. He also wrote for EVO and Drivers Republic. I can pretty much guarantee he gets paid well (specially now that he is on TG) so I don´t think he is lying. As a matter of fact this sentence is so untrue - "generally the highest paid and most popular tend to be the most accurate in terms of not needing lie for a paycheck" - that I don´t even know where to start. Also, you do not need to be a racer to review cars just like you do not need to be a cook to review a dish.

Despite not having some features that PC version has it is still a port. People call it a port. Reviews call it a port. Steffano calls it a port. 505 calls it a port. The very own definition of port applies to Assetto Corsa on the consoles.

Tyres is a possibility. Care to elaborate on the massive difficulty difference in the special events and help on the issue or are you going to continue with the off-topic ego filling stuff?
    Some setups for testing would be nice as I asked on the other page. Videos of the consoles version and PC version comparisons is an excellent idea to check if things are working in a different way.

EDIT: Well I will have you know Harris actually said positive stuff about the F40´s driving position although I remember reading somewhere, most likely EVO, that they did not like it. Depends on the height of the driver most likely.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  15. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Without Top Gear and EVO(not generally considered in the same league globally but ok, don't even mention drive) he wouldn't be trusted either. Those companies inflate his credentials, whereas my mentions inflate Top gears credentials, that so hard to understand?

But where in that video is he criticising it? He appluads the F50, everyone else dislikes it, clearly your facts are misplaced opinions based on your bias? I don't see how you said he claims all those things though, nothing but praise there again, how the heck did you come to the conclusion he said it was bad...Unbelieveable.

16. AntonioR

AntonioR Rookie

It is hard to understand because that makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Sounds like a made up argument. Besides, he had HIS OWN youtube channel for plenty of time which refutes you point of view.

First things first, we are talking about the F40 here. I adore the F50 simply because I have around 10 scale models and it is the poster Ferrari for me. The powertrain is absolutely amazing and I think the design is absolutely stunning and timeless. I also strongly believe (believe, not a fact, key word here) it is faster than the F40, although that is a case for another discussion. I also prefer naturally aspirated cars. Apparently Ferrari does too since they choose one for the LaFerrari.

He did praise the car (read below) but he also mentioned things that are considered flaws and drawbacks for me. Turbo-lag? Yup its there. Heavy-Clutch? He did not mentioned it, but EVO did. I already talked about the driving position on my edit.
    Turbo-lag is a killer for me. I hate turbo-lag with a passion. I also hate bad quality interiors on expensive cars. The F40 has green glue on the bloody interior. Did he mentioned that it feels flat and bare? Yup he did. It is also a very challeging car to drive which can be seen as bad (because it works against you) or a good (it rewards you when you ace it).

To quote myself: "The things I said about the F40 are facts. I never once said it wasn´t the best supercar of all time nor did I say it wasn´t brilliant. The heavy clutch, terrible driving position and immense turbo lag where both stated by Chris Harris, EVO magazine and Top Gear Magazine, stated by the owner of an F40 here in Portugal and more"
    Where exactly have I said (apart from the seat, which is related to the driver) that he reached the conclusion of the car being bad? I didn´t. Also have I ever said the car was bad? Nope I didn´t it.

It is overpraised? In my opinion, yes. For the reasons mentioned above.

Let the off-topic continue :rolleyes:

17. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Ahh there's that bias. Now we're taking your opinion when your 20 and probably haven't even been in a true performance car. Green glue bahahaha, it's called function over form, something lost in the F50 and continued into most of todays Ferraris hence multiple manufacturers producing much more praised performance vehicles. Show ponies is what most of them are these days buddy regardless of their straight line performance and idiot-proof handling, The art of giving the most direct feel through the controls to the driver seems to be reserved for the truly nostalgic makers nowadays which is a consequence of technology, not necessarily a bad thing but definitely less emotional and/or involving.

18. jayd_10

jayd_10 Gamer

I did a vídeo of that event, the key is to start very slow and keep increasing the pace every lap so you score more points:

Talking about the F40 at mugello, to me, something went wrong when they ported that event to console because it's impossible to do that 1:56.5 when in PC the gold requires only a 2:00.000.

Hope kunos can explain this point

19. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

For all these people saying its impossible.. (Some are im not disagreeing here) but just take a little time to find out where you stand in regards to your skill level.

Jump onto rsr live timing, go to a combo you want to drive and see where you come.. if your miles off then to be frank, its probably you rather than the game..

The Moose and V8_KB like this.
  20. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

The current best time on The RSR site for the F40 Stage 3 at Mugello would qualify for Bronze on the console, (it is a 1:58.9xx) that is in preferred conditions as well...I do understand that those leaderboards have been reset recently though.

Does that site track special events as well?

The 1:56.500 target is pushing boundaries I think, but I am sure that there is someone out there that can achieve gold!