1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 Close to impossible Special Events?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AntonioR, Sep 11, 2016.

1. jayd_10

jayd_10 Gamer

Yes, I do have both versions. I bought the PC version when they delayed the console version to the end of august, i couldn't wait more :D. Besides in those days the game was at half price in steam so... The thing is that all my friends own a console and play the console version so I tend to use more that version.

At first sight those values seem fine in console but i'll have to compare both versions

2. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Italy, 1987 Silver at last!

Slowly chipping away now my best lap is a 1:57.228, still a lot of time to find and progress now is really really slow! :(

3. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

I don't know why you're bothering, you know as well as I do the times will be lowered in an update.

4. jo_siffert

jo_siffert Racer

I dont know - I was just destroyed live in an ALOOG-Server by some guy, and my intention is to go faster the next time - at least i'll try it. I'snt that the goal of a racing game? To try to go faster than you where before?

5. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Because it's a proper challenge and I am a stubborn old bastard! ;) :)

jo_siffert likes this.
  6. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

It's hardly a challenge when the time and the cars' handling are called in question, it's more called a joke.

That's like being given an R35 and told to go run 6:30 round the Nurburgring.

7. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

That is exactly why it is a challenge, if I can get with in a second of the time in a car with "broken physics", someone out here has to be able to achieve the goal.

The was this game a long long time ago, an arcade racer called Project Gotham Racing 2, it had different difficulty levels up to Platinum, it took me a year plus but I beat them all eventually, I still remember the day I beat the Grand Touring Cone Challenge it Platinum level with the Ferrari 575...The F40 at Mugello reminds me of that in terms of difficulty and challenge.

Yes this is a very very difficult goal, yes the car is properly difficult to get around the track, that just drives me more to try and beat it! :p

8. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

I'd be the same if I knew it wasn't broken.

9. jayd_10

jayd_10 Gamer

What do you mean by broken?

10. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

The times are not correct or the grip or something, but running a 1:59.5 or whatever the bronze time is, is way out of the realm of the average player.(I've got bronze and can go faster but see no point when it will likely be changed in the upcoming patch) Not to mention the time bug that has now just been identified, I cannot say what has caused the times to be so ridiculously fast but they sure aren't going to be met by many.

11. jayd_10

jayd_10 Gamer

I do agree that the average player won't likely be able to get gold. I've seen here that at least is not impossible to do a 56.5.

What I would like to know is the reason why on PC they ask for a 2.00.0 whereas in console is 1.56.5. I'm not complaining about the difficulty since it doesn't seem to be impossible, but I would like to hear from kunos the reason of that difference between PC and console.

By the way, what is that time bug you were talking about?

12. jayd_10

jayd_10 Gamer

Another one who gets silver :p

Could you believe that i didn't know i could use slick tyres? :confused: That's why i thought it was impossible, now i only think is very very difficult :)

[​IMG]

Graveltrap likes this.
  13. jayd_10

jayd_10 Gamer

And finally i did it!! :D:D:D

The second sector is not one of the best i've done, but first and third are fine i think. At the end, gold by juuuust 4 thousands of a second. So difficult but so rewarding.

I did it without assist (except auto clutch and blip), so i suppose that with stability control and abs should be easier (not so sure if TC is needed). At the end it wasn't impossible :)

Graveltrap and V8_KB like this.
  14. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Excellent lap! I knew someone would crack it sooner or later :) Your line through the first S is interesting, I shall have to try it.

15. jayd_10

jayd_10 Gamer

Thanks!

Thanks also to V8_KB who opened my eyes, his setup was also an important hint :)

16. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

Congrats but I don't think anybody ever said it was impossible just close to, like the title says. So why are you using auto clutch and auto blip? Notice something about the physics did we?

17. jayd_10

jayd_10 Gamer

I think I did day so :oops:

18. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

?? About the auto assists?

19. jayd_10

jayd_10 Gamer

I did not use the th8 for this event. I do only remove those assists when I use the th8

20. L2D Godzilla

L2D Godzilla Racer

What is that assist you have at 50%? Sorry can't translate it.