1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Closed Server - Clean Racers/Drivers Wanted

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by protonv5, Apr 11, 2017.

1. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

Hi All, PGS Motorsport

I've recently made available a Multiplayer Server and am looking to see what the interest level is. We've all heard the endless complaining about garbage drivers/Noobs/Crashers etc on and on and on. So....
    I am making available a server for clean, mature drivers. A bunch of good guys (and gals) that are looking for a place to be able to race, make some new friends, practice, do trackdays etc without being crashed out every 5 seconds. Drivers that know when they can pass cleanly and when they should back off and wait for a better opportunity. I'm also looking for another person to help admin the server. I'll take requests regularly to rotate in track changes, car changes etc. (To join, you should currently own or be willing to own MOST DLC's. It is almost impossible to have enough variety if you don't own any or only one DLC.)

I'm taking signups now. If this is something that interests you, let me know. Once I have around 20-30 people the server will be password protected allowing only clean drivers to remain.

Thanks for listening and I hope to see you soon! (Search for PGS Motorsport server in-game)
    Regards,
    Pete

chksix, Pretend racer, baboon and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Searching for people with closed servers. Apr 6, 2017
    ACC Troubleshooting CLOSED: UE4-AC2 Game has crashed and will close Jun 7, 2023
    Console Lounge Thread can be closed Jan 2, 2021
    ACC General Discussions Why is this thread closed? Apr 26, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Game unplayable everything resets if game is closed Dec 14, 2018
    Suggestions Forum closed - thanks for your suggestions Jul 17, 2018
    Suggestions Forum closed - thanks for your suggestions Jul 2, 2018
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Forcibly Closed by remote host Apr 26, 2017
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds AC.exe just closed in the middle of online race Feb 3, 2017
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Closed league qestions: booking vs. selectable cars Nov 16, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Closed by mod Jun 14, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Mod Downloads to be Closed Indefinitely. (READ LAST REPLY) Jun 9, 2016
    Chit Chat Room @Mods, This can be closed now, thanks :) May 27, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Are races closed for late entries visible in the lobby ? Feb 27, 2016
    General modding discussion (Almost) all graphics mods in a single package (CLOSED) Feb 22, 2016

3. _Fulgore_

_Fulgore_ Racer

Hi Pete,

Where is the server located?
    Just asking this as im intrested but dont wanna be a warped racer instead a car racer hehe

4. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

Hi Fulgore, no problem. :) Once in Assetto, go to online, then do a search on PGS Motorsport and you will find it. Thanks!

_Fulgore_ likes this.
  5. _Fulgore_

_Fulgore_ Racer

Ok than will found it out when im on the pc ,see you at the track

6. haxxx

haxxx Simracer

I'd like to join since i'm not playing multiplayer often lately because i don't find enough servers with proper racers/drivers or interesting mix of cars and tracks and your server sound interesting to me. AC has lots of cars to match against each others in terms of power/weight ratio and everytime i search for some multiplayer fun, i always find mixed server with boring combinations that makes nonsense at all.

7. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

Maybe more people will join if the server settings are made less ridiculous and closer to real world ones. Seriously, 89% grip is more like a wet track (with no intermediate tires available) than something you'd typically race on on slicks, and there're just 6 laps with no tire warmers and +17C at Monza. So you will struggle the whole first lap to get a bit of heat into the tires and then what, 5 laps race ahead? I'd also expect lots of Monza T1 crashfests due to no grip on start.
    In short, I don't think that this kind of settings would generate any decent racing. The car set is OK, though M3 will probably be way out of the pace there

8. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

Thanks Demetri. You've made me realize what the real problem is with online racing. It's not the servers available. There are hundreds of those. It's the people driving in them. Like yourself. Server is now unavailable.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  9. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

Yes, there're hundreds of empty servers and people usually join those which are populated, so the key thing is to first make your server attractive to the masses, then create a community of regulars going there every time and then when you have this community you can start experimenting with race settings. Having some place for the community to discuss things is also helpful, because not everyone will be online at the same time.
    You also have to understand that this is a hard work that may be done in vain and not pay you off in the end. I've seen many projects like this one being born and then become dead in a few months or even weeks. Not trying to discourage you, just trying to give some hints.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

This project seems to be dead already, because of one critical post...
    Or am I wrong @protonv5 ?

11. baboon

baboon Alien

I get what you're saying but the people driving on servers you don't like shouldn't be a problem of yours. The problem is getting the guys you'd want to drive with on your server. I'm afraid there's probably not enough of those around.

12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Just set up a Nords Tourist server, with MR AB, heavy automatic wrecker protection and a good selection of street cars, preferably on street tires. Write a nice and informative instruction on what is expected from each driver, and this will be probably overrun by the folks.
    *onecandream*
    ;):)

baboon likes this.
  13. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

I'm sure there's a plenty of clean mature drivers with different reasonable pace levels so that everyone can have their rival to fill dozens of servers. The problem is that they are online at different times and they don't know where to go to meet each other. Also they might prefer totally different cars/tracks/race settings. This forum is being frequently visited by tiny minority of those, so simply advertising the server probably isn't going to work. This is a classic chicken and egg problem. You need your server to become popular enough to attract good drivers but you need it to be filled with drivers first to become popular while there're tons of other servers trying to do the same.

14. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

Hi All, thanks. I have to admit demetri's 1st post is quite discouraging. I'm very much interested to keep working on this and make this a great place to race/drive etc. So, please continue to keep the feedback coming and of course let me know your interest. The server is up (PGS Motorsport) Currently racing at Nurburgring, 458GT2's , conditions perfect. 7 lap race. Why not make this a great place to race with other clean drivers? Let's get it going! Thanks to others for the encouragement and interest as some have shown. Again, I'm happy to set the server per request and rotate cars/tracks. Just contact me and we'll move forward.

Thanks all.
    Pete

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

There is no chicken and egg problem....
    Also there is one definite answer to the question, should a falling tree in the woods do make a sound, without anyone there to hear it.
    ;)

baboon likes this.
  16. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You should know how the interwebs works. I didn't find @demetri s post that discouraging. Just don't be that thin skinned here. We all share a passion here.
    Thx for your initiative, and maybe it will thrive.
    I, for shure will have a look.

baboon likes this.
  17. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

I really wanted to do this without Minorating as I believe that it comes down to good people. Having said that, I'm willing to add Minorating. I'm working on getting it up and running as we speak. We'll see how it goes. Either way, you're all invited, (provided you are not a crasher :) ) Looking for about 25 or so more people at least. We'll go from there. Server will eventually be password protected, no destruction derby :). Thanks again all. I appreciate it. Also, thanks to ACE Pumpkin for kind words. Yes, please do check it out. Thanks

Pete.

Ace Pumpkin and baboon like this.
  18. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

I will try to find time to join later tonight. Maybe in a couple of hours. One thing I've noticed is that setting a new server to use minorating ABC (not even AB) does not work because people do not join it. This problem has been discussed many times in MR thread.

19. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

Ok, thanks. Those were my original thought as well, but it seemed someone in this thread was saying otherwise, unless I misunderstood. Hmm. You have me thinking now. Either way, I believe for the most part it comes down to the drivers. So, that's why I'd like to see some good folks join and make it a closed server where we all know/trust each other etc.

Thanks

20. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Your welcome :)
    The thing about non MR servers is, they need to be heavily moderated by admins to get rid of the unavoidable known suspects.
    And please, set the automatic wrecker protection, wich was introduced a few builds ago, as strict as possible. This should take care of the most toxic entrees.
    Cheers

21. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

Can you point me to the automatic wrecker protection option please? I'm not familiar with how to set that.