1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Cockpit - internal view

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ROBYF1, Feb 13, 2015.

1. ROBYF1

ROBYF1 Gamer

Yes erbabbu , I'm just asking you to add an option to FORCE COCKPIT VIEW (0 or 1). Situation similar to when an administrator decides to create a server with assists off

2. Tucker73

Tucker73 Hardcore Simmer

if your not racing with a wheel and cockpit view then i dont want to race against you, were doing different things, were not sharing the same hobby...so i think the question should be....why should i be forced to race with you...

Mogster and Nick Moxley like this.
  3. patrod

patrod Simracer

Nobody force you to race with him :D

This option should be mandatory, for league purpose.

ROBYF1 likes this.
  4. ROBYF1

ROBYF1 Gamer

Yes patrod.
    Will play on that server only players using the internal view. You do not use it? not to play on that server.
    I do not see the problem.
    if a driver plays normally with assists on , will not play on servers with assists off.
    I consider the external view equivalent to a driving aids.
    Everyone has their own opinion about it, but ask only one option in addition

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  5. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Yes it would be a good option to have "force cockpit camera". Thought more about it, than previous posts.

ROBYF1 likes this.
  6. bromstarzan

bromstarzan Hardcore Simmer

I agree with the suggested option. Wish there would be more LFS-style knobs to turn for servers. In fact, forcing wheel, pedals and clutch together with cockpit view brought a lot of like-minded people together back on the LFS servers. The purpose is not to shut people out, but rather to connect drivers with same/similar setup and attitude. Makes races more even and fun.

snyperal, Mogonaut, Sean and 3 others like this.
  7. I don't think it's a good idea to start restricting the viewpoint of choice. Whilst I will only ever drive modern race sims in cockpit mode, I don't want to start forcing others to do the same if they do not feel comfortable with it. The same goes for controllers. I have a decent Logitech G25 wheel, but if others want to use a gamepad or keyboard, then who am I to say that they can't? The most important point is....can they drive responsibly and fairly?

8. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

Yeah sure hardcore and whatever, sure cockpit view is limitting more so than hood view, but so is having 1 screen instead of 3...Lets buy everyone 3 screens how about that then? Buy me 2 more screens and I will use cockpit mode. But untill I have only one screen I can't see **** in cockpit mode and I am more likely to cause a collision then playing in hood view, I choose what is best for everyone I can see where I am going without destroying my eyes trying to see trough a small window in game and also giving myself enough awareness not to crash...Seriously theese "elitist"...

9. Petsu

Petsu Rookie

Then you just wont drive on servers which want to restrict you to cockpit view, simple as that :)

10. Skybird

Skybird Alien

In MP, situational awareness to avoid crashing with others, ranks top. I would prefer to have use of F9 back mirror mandatory, also any kind of SA app, may it be spotter, may it be radar/helicorsa.

Just saying. ;)

11. As a triple screen user I personally would take FORCE PEOPLE TO USE SPOTTER before forcing them to drive from the cockpit. Not funny to guess how aggressively you can drive against your opponents when you don't know does he/she see you or not.

Edit: And just to clarify things I don't like the idea to force anyone for anything against their will.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
    Hagen likes this.
  12. Option to force cockpit/hood cam: Yes please.
    Spotter... I like that.
    Buy triples and/or use mirrors as you should... everyones happy!

The End.

13. Why should he have to do that? We aren't racing for the F1 World Championship here. This is simulated racing on our PCs for enjoyment. We should all be able to enjoy online racing against others using whatever method is comfortable/necessary.

14. You have said the right word: simulated racing, then it's not playing a video game. So during a league everyone should use the same more realistic view

15. So those people who prefer to use other viewpoints shouldn't be allowed to race in leagues? Don't get me wrong here. It is difficult for me to understand why anyone would want to use anything except the cockpit view for racing, but then there are probably also people who can't understand why someone would want to use a gamepad, or not want to use heel and toe. I just don't want us to start alienating others because they have different racing preferences.

16. MrBungle

MrBungle Racer

I use 1 screen and cockpit view. But then again I do like to do it properly

But seriously is it that limiting? You have a rvm and can look left and right into mirrors I drive cleanly like that, I'm all for a forced view, iracing does it because it's fair.

When I played gt online the fastest people tended to use chase cam.

It'd be good for eliminating some non serious racers.(I'm not saying that people who use other views aren't serious particularly, but the ones who aren't certainly use every advantage.

I used to use bonnet cam in gt but now I can't stand it, I don't feel as connected and can't catch slides as well or feel weight transfer.

In conclusion I would appreciate the addition.

17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I dont think it would hurt to have a forced cockpit view if the server name states it so people dont connect to just leave as soon as they realize it.

18. TheDamagedOne

TheDamagedOne Hardcore Simmer

Okay people, I think this has gotten out of hand. All the op is asking is to have the option to restrict the view on HIS server. If he's the one hosting, then it's his choice. If you don't like it, then find another server. Everyone has their own preference of how realistic they want to race. The beauty of this game is it caters to all sorts of simmers and we all have a choice of the servers we want to race on. It doesn't have to be this huge issue. Just because one person doesn't like the idea doesn't mean everyone else has to follow suit.

LeiF, Christopher Low and kofotsjanne like this.
  19. NAGP

NAGP Racer

Regardless of where you stand on this issue, the option should be left up to the server admin to enable forced cockpit. It is an implementation that is crucial for not just my league but a majority of leagues. Thanks.

Marcello Pasquazzo likes this.
  20. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I would be more inclined to drive on a server if the view was limited to cockpit view, since this is the way I drive 100% of the time. By the same token, I would favor a server where h pattern shift on car that have it standard is mandatory.
    Driving with the proper view and the proper gear, does not make one faster, I am the living proof of that, but I believe, which does not mean I am right, just what I believe, it will clear some people away who are not really committed to SIMulation and only into the gaming side of (racing) thing.
    Would be glad that some server ( even if it is a minority) are representative of what I beleive in to share with like minded SIM racers.
    It is a little sad that server administrator criterium are based on assuring the widest audience possible instead of trying to create a closer to life simulation environment, just because it is hard to have a full server. I guess it is called a league, but then who has time for leagues?