1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Cockpit - internal view

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ROBYF1, Feb 13, 2015.

1. ROBYF1

ROBYF1 Gamer

This has been implemented? as an administrator can block the view inside on my server after v 1.2?

2. Quffy

Quffy Alien

No.. because Stefano in the livestream said people even locked to cockpit cam, they can adjust the eyes wherever they want, as well as fov. So even with cockpit, people won't exactly have the same camera settings. Cockpit camera is the best camera, and maybe hood comes close.. so I don't know why people need to fear and force the cam to cockpit only.

3. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

I also have no idea why would you force cockpit view... People are not beating you because of the camera position and I can care less what view other people use. All it would do is upset the people that dont use it. There is no disadvantage of using the cockpit view. For me, its the only view that gives me the feeling of what the car is doing :)

Metzger likes this.
  4. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

It is funny to read that some people think that the drivers that are not using cockpit would feel excluded, we are not saying that all servers should be like that, just that one would be nice and we would enjoy it that way, the few of us who like the idea.

ROBYF1 likes this.
  5. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

can you not enjoy it now? As i said, there is no disadvantage in cockpit view. And it is impossible to make it, because the user can move the camera anywhere he wants :) And no, people wont feel excluded, they would feel annoyed if anything. Having to join the server just to end up in a unwanted view. How would you feel about joining a server with forced third person view? Yes, annoyed. The problem is, that you cant see server details and settings before you join... Its the same thing as gt3 with no assists. Im pissed when i join a server like this.

6. cc570

cc570 Racer

Annoyed like when you join a server that has virtual mirror forced?

ROBYF1, Nahkamarakatti and Cote Dazur like this.
  7. WildStyle*

WildStyle* Racer

Why would you force that? like what's the purpose? And not this **** again...I use hood camera, because I like it...Why I like it? Because I already am limited by my monitor so being even more limited by an extra cockpit is foolish, it's like sitting in the back seat.

8. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

here is the thing about virtual mirror: it helps you with your overall awareness. Forced view doesnt. Its purpose is for the game to be more "simulated", "harder to drive" or (I love this one) to have the "equal playing field". Here is the thing about it: it restricts your vision and if you are not used to it, its a big "**** you". And for the simple fact that camera views dont make you faster, I dont see any point of implementing it. 99% of the users use cockpit or hood camera, so what is the problem anyway?

9. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

If I join a server and realize there is something that I don't like, I am not annoyed, I go to an other one, it takes way more than that to annoy me.
    Cockpit view is not about trying to get an advantage or being at a disadvantage. It is about having a server you can choose where like minded driver share a similar interest in a similar way.
    What I find peculiar is how it can bother any one who has no interest in it, since 99% of the server would still accept whatever view available, if one server is dedicated to SIM driver who think driving in cockpit mode.

ROBYF1 likes this.
  10. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

What does your "SIM" driver mean? Is he really any more "SIM" that the guy who is playing with the hood cam because he doesnt want to break his immersion? The setting wouldnt affect me in the slightest way, but it would affect other people. And do you think that it is really worth for the developer to program something just for 1 server?

And a tip for your quest of finding like minded people. Jump into a server you like, see the times people are posting, compare them to yours, choose the guy who you think is the most comparable and go race with him. Doesnt matter, practice, quali or race, stay with that guy. Wait for him if he makes a mistake, if you see you are pulling away from him hard, let him by. That way you will have fun and you just made someone elses night/day. And you have met someone "like minded", that will remember you, and if you will be a regular on the server, you guys will meet more often and race each other more often. Unless racing isnt your thing... Then ram someone and see their reaction, if they kick you, he probably wasnt your type anyway, but if he bumps you back, you might have something going on there ;D

Anyway, you know that we are arguing just for the sake of arguing, right? The feature would be dumb, because you can adjust camera position however you want. It would be useless :)

Cote Dazur likes this.
  11. Stereo

Stereo Alien

I'm against the devs spending any time on this cause (a) I can use cockpit cam anyway so it adds nothing to my race (b) if you want to enforce a certain quality of drivers, do it by checking the quality of their driving, not by guessing based on what UI settings they use...

sarabwt likes this.
  12. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

If this kind of option would make a server empty, then admins would probably remove limit, right? Would it hurt to have this kind of function? There would still be servers where you can use the mode you like.

I can understand if single screen players without headtracking don't like the cockpit view. But maybe for some very competitive league racing or such, would be good to be able to force cockpit view.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  13. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

Why, just why would you want to force cockpit view on the people you know? Its not useful, it just... there... If you are making a league, cant you just say it in the rules and trust your participants to not "cheat"?

14. Peter65

Peter65 Gamer

Hello many drivers do not use cockpit internal view because unfortunately have a drop of fps

sarabwt likes this.
  15. Metzger

Metzger Racer

Dont realy care what view people use there is no benefith whatever the view is so why to bother stefano loosing valuable time to program such features when more important stuff can be done ?

Just my opinion.

sarabwt likes this.
  16. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

They can just have it in the rules and as @sarabwt said, trust the ones in it. If it is a very competitive league they should be serious about sim racing right? And according to op the ones that are serious about it use cockpit cam.

sarabwt likes this.
  17. AJ McDaddy

AJ McDaddy Simracer

I will preface my comment with it's probably a useful option for elitist leagues and in theory I have no issue with it being an option, but there are so many more important multiplayer improvements that should be implemented, so let's not waste developer time implementing a feature that only a small minority would benefit from as this would be a significant development because of the FOV options.

sarabwt likes this.
  18. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Maybe so. But competitive sports isn't based on gentleman's agreement. Don't know if AC will ever be "that kind" of competitive game, where people race to win substantial amounts of money. But if it will, people will use every means they can to win. All kinds of "gentlemens agreement" goes out of window, unless it's enforced. Just look at all the doping usage in real sports, people willing to risk their reputation and life's work, to win.

Personally this is not important feature for me, but I can understand why some people ask for it.

patrod likes this.
  19. sarabwt

sarabwt Simracer

like i said, people use it as an excuse and it really doesnt effect anything :)

20. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

It doesn't make bad driver good, but sure it affects. Like said, certain point of view gives better view distance, better situational awareness, better look at upcoming corner. Not a huge difference, but surely affects.

I don't see it would be necessarily making servers empty, just like now - if you put a server up with some unpopular car and mod track, it won't fill very well. But you have freedom to do so. If a server doesn't fill, the person running the server surely wants to change server settings, until it does. Being it car, track, or forced point of view.

Cote Dazur likes this.