1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

MULTIPLAYER Competition Server changes - 1.8.4

Discussion in 'ACC Blog' started by Minolin, Nov 26, 2021.

1. leon_90

leon_90 Hardcore Simmer

@Minolin thank you for these Competition servers and the work you are putting into them. I've been competing almost every day for the last few weeks and am having a great time. Thank you!
    If I may, just some minor feedback, although I understand that a couple of these points may be things you are already planning on implementing, as these servers are an ongoing project:

- Servers running every half hour: right now if I miss a race because I can't sign up for it at that moment, I have to wait a whole hour before I can join the next one. Having these servers running alternately would halve the waiting time. Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting shortening the race, just having servers that rotate and alternate differently so that there is a new race every half hour.

- GT4: I want to race them so bad. Hopefully in the future some servers will run them, or have a fixed number of slots available for GT3s and GT4s so that if when you sign up all the slots in a specific class are taken you have to take a car from the other class.

- Safety rating: I know this has probably been suggested in the past, but I don't find it fair that the SA rating works on the average rather than the best score. Sometimes I have an excellent SA score because a race I drive has me fighting with someone throughout, and then I have to lose, basically, those points because in subsequent races, while running clean and fair, I no longer engage in such battles and score less. I can understand CC and CN working on the average score, it makes perfect sense, but SA I don't agree with.

That's it, thank you again!

2. Wolkenwolf

Wolkenwolf Racer

i am regularly driving on CP servers the last weeks, so feedback

i really hate the changing weather conditions in those short races. I have not 3xxbazillions setups for every possible condition on every track prepared, so i would need a BIT more time to build or adapt one than 6 mins Quali or 90 secs prerace. I am too old for that. Mostly i just quit if i see weather changes (btw the forecast is lagging sometimes)
    I can race in rain without big problems and i like it, but very often 50-75% of the other participants are collecting gras mostly, yellow yellow yellow ...
    so if you could consider to reduce the frequency/probability of changing weather to rain esp back and forth it would be nice. I want to race, not fight the conditions most of the time.

also the practice session is on a complete (e.g Fr: 12:00 AM) other hour then the Q on S (9:00 PM) and R (9:00 PM), why is that ? At least it would be good to get some info whats coming and a bit more time to adapt the setup if the sessions are a bit more equalized. And perhaps a bit longer - 6 mins Q in Bathurst and Spa is really short

the 30mins format is fine for me, i would just prefer a higher SA/RC ;) and perhaps on weekends ? a 60 min race thrown in.
    Regarding SA, its very often astonishing clean on Server 1, but as always it could be better.

And as this is called competition, is a competition overview planned ? like where do i stand, how much races have i done, position, incidents, points, etc ? Is stuff like that considered ? Or we just lfm it ?

THX

3. Thomas61me

Thomas61me Rookie

I just got my SA rating above 60 this weekend (64). My TR and RC are both at 99, my CC is around 90. My biggest problem is CN (around 70).
    I raced in a few public server races and SRS races in AC, and I only raced against my peers in the lower midfield and not against faster or lapping drivers.
    I think it is a good idea to add other aspects like RC and CC to predict clean driving!

Clean racing is most important to me, beside being not so fast. Clean close action wheel to wheel racing can also be found in the midfield.
    Everyone knows that this is what gets your adrenaline pumping and what its all about!

Longer races (1h or occasionally longer) are more interesting and should happen at least once daily.
    ...and I wish that for the US CP server would have a better Westcoast schedule.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2022
  4. iKnoxville

iKnoxville Rookie

please add shorter races to NA servers

5. leon_90

leon_90 Hardcore Simmer

Hey guys, I haven't been able to race in the last couple weeks due to private issues. Tonight I joined a race and noticed that I lost 14 CP compared to my last time online. Do you lose points if not racing for extended periods of time?

6. Yes, you lose CP when you cannot participate. Because of the poor timing of the NA servers I have made one race in 2022. I was ranked inside the top 150, now I have 2 CP points.

Really hoping for some kind of update for NA. I'd really love to make some races in ACC some time.

pnewhook and leon_90 like this.
  7. leon_90

leon_90 Hardcore Simmer

Thanks mate, I understand now. Sorry to hear that.
    I understand the logic behind it, but it's quite rough. Simracing is a hobby for the 99% of people, we can't be expected to be racing day-in, day-out (considering also the timing of races). That's how it is though apparently.
    Again, thanks for the reply.

8. leon_90

leon_90 Hardcore Simmer

Hey mate, after a couple races (literally 2), my CP were fully re-instated to the value I had before the break ;) it seems all you need to do is race again and all gets reset to where it was :)

9. Wolkenwolf

Wolkenwolf Racer

if Monza, then SA=90 plz, i hate it to been kicked out from some backmarkers in the second turn in the first lap. :mad:

I know it, avoid monza, but i was bored, no other decent race to find, just thought give it another try, how bad can it be on CP servers ... not again. :D

10. pnewhook

pnewhook Rookie

It there a reason Kunos doesn't publish an official schedule of the CP calendar?

Or make possible to see what time races are planned? I realize frequent players will figure out the pattern. But it's bizzarely difficult to figure out when CP races will happen, as a new player from NA.

11. Capn9073

Capn9073 Rookie

Where do i find the Competition Servers schedule? Please

12. leon_90

leon_90 Hardcore Simmer

Don't bother, CP is basically abandoned since end of last summer. Join LFM

13. Hello mate
    What is LFM and how can one join in?
    Apologies about the question but i was living under a rock:D

14. churchx

churchx Rookie

LFM is lowfuelmotorsports.com, free service that organize regular quick ACC (recently RF2 added too) races. Kind of what CP is, but has own licensing/elo/SR/reports/penalties (including bans)/rating statistics, that relatively make racing experience better/cleaner/with closer paced opponents. What most migrated to after CP nerf to 30min format (with userbase changing from 6K pre to 25K post (now 89K)). Main drawback i guess .. that pilots from EU fully enjoy all the "goodies", other region players less so, due more latency due EU hosting & less populated races in non-EU-evenings times (split system not working well/high strength of field variance. But CP probably suffers from that too, further multiplied with popularity drop. Local SA/NA region servers though).

Last edited: Apr 30, 2023
  15. That's seems very interesting indeed
    Thank you for the explanation, i'll be sure to check their website.
    One other thing, do they organize races only for PC users or do they have also for PS5?

16. churchx

churchx Rookie

No, PC only. But generic advise, if you are more serious about simracing, consider switch to PC. Lack of SR titles, serious limitations in few that are, limited sim hardware support (especially top-end (pedals/wheelbases) & non-standard (dashboards/motion platforms/windsims/VR)), limited opponent & event count. Consoles have multiple pros .. but cons specific to niche of simracing genre outweight them. In PC you have it all, title choice (ACC/iRacing/AC1/RF2/PC2/RaceRoom/Rennsport/DR2/RBR/WRC/F1/BeamNG/ETS2/SnowRunner..), support for their mods & 3rd party software, full simhardware choice/support, VR support, 10x more opponents, events, communities & leagues .. but need to shell out for more expensive hardware with extra spending on it's regular upgrades. If most console cons in SR are minor/can be lived with, one that imho cannot - low opponent/event number. There are gaming genres where consoles are better choice (especially with some exclusive titles), and genres, where are not (eg. in addition to SR also Flight Sims and probably few others).

Last edited: Apr 30, 2023
    NRT_0insertcoin0 likes this.