1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Confused by Blancpain Classes

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by ijac, Apr 16, 2019.

Tags:
  1. ijac

ijac Gamer

I watched the Monza race yesterday . First Blancpain race I've ever watched. Great fun but I'm a bit confused by the Classes. I'm looking at the results in the Blancpain app and I see some teams listed as AM Cup, PRO-AM Cup, SILVER Cup, and some are blank (no class listed).

1) What does SILVER Cup mean?

2) What do the blank ones mean?

(I attached a screenshot showing the race results with Classes listed)

Attached Files:

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions MFD bindings confused Mar 1, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions GT4 confused Sep 19, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Confused AI during start of the race Sep 12, 2020
    ACC Online Leagues / Championships room Confused on track condition settings... Jul 27, 2020
    ACC Gameplay Confused Marshall at Brands Hatch Apr 21, 2020
    ACC Gameplay AI freezes/stops on track/gets confused & drives in circles when player pits during qualifying Nov 6, 2018
    Console Lounge Happy but confused ... Sep 12, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions PS4 Camber information very confused "Raising the value" Sep 1, 2016
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Low FPS Got me Confused Jun 6, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Confused a bit about the performance loss Oct 16, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Confused.. Jun 23, 2015
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues [built-in apps/performance delta] confused by btg lap counting on nos touris Mar 16, 2015
    Console Lounge acc blancpain asia Jul 8, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions introduction to the Blancpain GT Series - rules and participants Jul 2, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Blancpain 2019 BoP? Jan 12, 2020

3. Absurd1ty

Absurd1ty Gamer

1) Silver Cup is the class of teams that only have Silver rated FIA drivers driving the car. Silver drivers are typically young drivers in the FIA or decently accomplished Bronze drivers, not considered 'pro' yet.

2) The blank ones are the Pro Class, which doesn't have any driver restrictions. They tend to have a professional driver lineup anyway though.

Pro-Am is a mix of professional (Platinum + Gold) drivers and amateur drivers with at least one Bronze driver.

AM class is just a mix of Bronze drivers.

You can read every little detail on this year's Regulations pdf:
    https://files.world-challenge.com/rules-regulations/2019-BGTWCA-SportingRegulations.pdf

4. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Thanks for clarification. In ACC, how do we get to the next rank/class?

5. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

under TO7000 points --> Bronze
    over TO7000 points --> Silver
    over TO8000 points --> Gold
    over TO9000 points --> Platinum

But it is still bug. Not working correctly

You also need to drive 250km I think on the next level to get it. For example, if you reach TO 8000, you have to drive 250km without going down to 7xxx. or something like that.

Cote Dazur and Wolf WolfZ like this.
  6. Skaven Zverov

Skaven Zverov Simracer

Ah, i see, thanks :)

7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I don't think that works at all yet, I have been over 9000 for well over 250km and well over that before at 8000 yet I never moved from Bronze. I am sure this will be fixed soon enough or at least by release, will be cool to see this on peoples cars. At least that way in MP you will have a decent idea of what to expect from someone by the class sticker on their car.

Also will give the lower class guys something to race for being best in class and to try and work up to the next level.

8. Turk

Turk Alien

Pro drivers are rich people that get paid to drive and Am drivers are rich people that have to pay to drive.

9. trutya

trutya Simracer

i think 8000pts can be reached relative easily... maybe i'd change it: over 8000 -> silver, over 8500 -> gold, over 9000-> platinum
    or i'd raise it +500 more. (atm i'm around 8300 with not too much of playing, SA only 61-2, RC only 42-3 currently, CC used to jump between 83-90 without any logic to me)
    however i don't know why my PC rating is only at 88 when i'm well in top100 in all 3 special events.

10. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

PC 99 to PC90 are only for the people who enter top 10 in events. the rest of the mortals, start from 89. So 88 would be the equivalent (more or less) to 98 in previous releases.

I think it would make more sense like this:

1st place-- PC99
    2nd 3rd place -- PC98
    4,5,6 place - PC97
    7,8,9,10 -- PC96

In a pyramidal style.

and then from PC 89, as it is now.

pankykapus, grrdabrr and trutya like this.
  11. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Yep that also makes some sense, I think I actually like it. The reason for this change was that huge leaderboards make most of "us" have 98 or 99 PC (now translates to -1), while the new TR, CN, CC values should go like 99 (with 1.0), 95, 91 or so - and having the PC in line with 90 or below will make a lot sense for most of the more serious simracers. For less experienced guys, I suspect everything to be all over the place anyways :D
    And in a nice side effect, the top10 ranks the "special" rating they really deserve

Luatz1 likes this.
  12. Luatz1

Luatz1 Racer

I totally understand and agree with what you say. I support the idea of having some "rating only for the fastest" as it is now.

My idea/point is that I think that the most important, unique and rare rating should be PC99, but right now we have the same amout of people with PC 90, PC 95 or PC 99 (unless someone repeats in the top10, i guess).

in the system I suggested, the top 10 would be granted PC from 99 to 96, and PC 95-90 would be granted to people from top 11-55. Still pretty exclusive as we have over 3K people per event, it is just a....top 1,8%. (we have also had some events with over 10k, which is just top 0,5% for PC 99-90 with the system I say).

Anyway its just my thoughts ;) just hoping it might help you and give you some ideas.

trutya likes this.
  13. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

ya again I like it - not for 1.0 of course, that'll be as-is while I focus on fix what is not properly working right now (majorly the buildup which is kind of inverse). But for 1.x, yeah, I like it a lot

BlueMind and Luatz1 like this.
  14. Mitja Bonca

Mitja Bonca Alien

Cool explanation :)

Last edited: Apr 17, 2019