1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Confusion with the current state of ac

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ShredatorFIN, Aug 11, 2015.

1. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The thing is nothing is ever perfect so it can always get better, AC even in earlier builds felt better to me then the others I tried and owned. Was it perfect? Ofcourse not but to me still was ahead of others.

1.2 introduced some bugs that came with some code changes and so its been tweaked since then. Overall id say ffb is greatly improved so we get better feel and the kerbs issue seems a non issue to me now. Before in some cars it wasnt terrible but some cars it gave quite a few wtf moments.

So overall the physics has got better, still not perfect but nothing ever will be. The reviews can only relate to what they are using vs other sims games they have tried. So yes it already felt closer to reality then most of the competition and now its been improved again.

Things will keep changing and the key is the people that seem so fixed on thinking things are perfect. They arent and never will be, go back to say gtr2 at the time of releaese that was the best sim around. Go drive it now and you see more issues as your comparing to more recent titles.

Still even old games like that or even gp4 have some things in it that were done better then AC does them feature wise. But to me its what feels most natural to me and why I keep going back to AC.

Cote Dazur and tabis like this.
  2. ouvert

ouvert Alien

yep, I have this with rF2 ... I tried it, I even asked for refund they offered ... but now I have to go back every now and than as it is miles ahead in FFB, feel and physics, realroad .. but i still don`t like it (except that ffb-feeling-physics-rr) :)

3. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Last night I tried my darling 458 for the first time since 1.2, at Imola as usual - and did not recognize it anymore. The car, not the track. The braking distance is surreal, imo, feels as if it has doubled. Car behavior is different too, and very much so.

I do not care and I certainly do not know whether it is more or less realistic now. But the darling-thing is a thing of the past now. I don't like this car anymore. I hope that in the near future I just wake up and get told that it just was a bug that has been corrected while I slept.

4. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Don't use 458 atm. it the most broken car, cause the abs bug

5. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

It's just a bug :p The braking part.

The rest is the new more real than real feel ;)

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
    snyperal likes this.
  6. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Interesting topic and I will read trough it in a little bit but type/tag it so i find it.

I dont realize neither how something can be so close to reality and when they change so the cars feels so much different its still close to reality according to some people.

mrk1001, eXo and Vítor Sousa like this.
  7. martcerv

martcerv Alien

They really haven't changed so much, you get more feel from the FFB but the main physics haven't changed so much. Sure you may need to change a setup or something but in the end the cars don't drive too differently other then better feel, if your comparing MP now to before then many servers now use dynamic track and varied temps. Before 1.2 it was always fixed temps and only grip levels can change. So MP can be very different to someone who only ran optimum conditions all the time, but in SP you could change these things earlier but many seem to call it a hotlap sim and so only ever run static ideal conditions. Especially those that clearly cant handle a tiny change will think things have changed so much because they practiced only the optimum.

8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I havent driven so much since the last patch tbh but to me it felt like the cars i used drove differently. FFB is one thing I guess you get used to and the feeling you had before might have changed so its a thing to just adapt too.
    Whats weird was that the cars was sliding much easier. I drive 50/50 online and mp and doesnt use optimal or 26 in sp so its not that have changed neither for me. Ill try more later though.

eXo likes this.
  9. Skybird

Skybird Alien

A bug - so there is hope I just can wake up and life is brigth again... :)

10. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

or dont use abs?! :)

11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

If the car is supposed to have abs and he want to drive as its supposed to, he is better off ignoring it for now.

Akis Kev likes this.
  13. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

abs ISNT broken though guys.. its just been made more realistic, because the previous brake distance were unrealistic.

14. liakjim

liakjim Alien

ABS don't work in that way. They have independent control in each wheel.
    If that was the case, there would be 458 wrecks all over the world.

I want brakes to be realistic but 458's braking can't be as such.

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

So now its more realistic while people said this was the most accurate sim out there before?

16. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

That's saying something about the other sims out there, isn't it? :eek:

17. Stereo

Stereo Alien

Looking at the E30's telemetry it seems to me the ABS cuts brakes way too far, seems to oscillate from just over peak braking power to 0 braking a few times per second. I'd expect the real system to be moving up and down as ABS opens the valves, but not able to remove all braking and then add it back that fast. I haven't tried the 458 since 1.2.3 yet though.

On a real 4 sensor 4 channel ABS system it does adjust the wheels independently, but according to complicated algorithms to keep things stable, hopefully we can find a better compromise.

18. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

its just weird how some people change their mind after a patch that made the cars pretty much different since they were before it. I hope they arent beta testers.

19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

We already discussed that *sigh*
    To the ABS issues see Aristotelis quoted by Tommi *sigh*

MsportDAN likes this.
  20. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

i never used abs before patch. I find braking without harder than before, as now you have to modulate the brakes rather than just basically stamp on them, like you can do in pcars.