1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties.
    Dismiss Notice

"Congratulations! You have achieved the platinum racing licence!"

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by OrganDonor, Jan 17, 2019.

1. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

A message very similar to the one in the thread title popped up at some point last week and, the notifications being so small and away from your sight, I'm not sure if I've seen any other levels pop up or is this the first time.

Has anyone else had this? Any idea what it means? I've not seen anything mentioned about any driver ratings anywhere apart from the usual RC, CC, etc.

Would love to know what affects it and how is it calculated.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room I just want to say thank you and congratulations Feb 15, 2015

3. Oberonone

Oberonone Gamer

I think Minolin said it's all about keeping a consistently high rating of x-amount of time. He alluded to it being quite a while, so you've obviously been putting the laps in? From what i remember of the other post, he lost his rating back down to bronze almost immediately.

Congrats btw!

OrganDonor likes this.
  4. baakstaff

baakstaff Gamer

This is where I saw it being talked about before, the last section of the first post:

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/broadcasting-company.53788/#post-1013413

Also: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/broadcasting-company.53788/page-2#post-1013890

I remember seeing a message come up saying my rating dropped back to bronze, but never saw one saying it had gone up to begin with; the message came up in the same way any other message from race control does at the bottom of the screen during a session

OrganDonor likes this.
  5. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

Ooh, big thanks for looking up those links! That explains everything. I've been glancing at the TO in the driver profile page once in a while and it's always been above 9000. It's currently at 9214, which is why I got the platinum rating then (whatever that means). A sentence in the first post you linked says "At the moment, I would suspect that we see more Gold and Platinum categories, until the CC Rating is finally adjusted" so I guess my excitement will be shortlived :D

Cheers! I would say I probably do one 30 minute quick race a day on average with 100% difficulty and 100% agression. Didn't drive much a week before the latest release so looks like you can slack off for a while until your rating starts dropping. Kind doesn't make sense that it would start reducing if it's all based on skill. It's not like I'm losing skills when not playing this game.

Minolin likes this.
  6. DHMoto

DHMoto Rookie

In successive sessions I was demoted to Bronze, upgraded to Gold and then later demoted to Bronze again. I don't think that should be possible - maybe they are adjusting the system in real time?

7. fabT

fabT Hardcore Simmer

Same here.
    Demoted to Bronze while hotlapping.

No clue why.
    TO about 9400 ( over 9300 by weeks ), CC at 98, PC 92 after v0.5.

8. Chris 576

Chris 576 Hardcore Simmer

I achieved Gold, left a room and joined another then got demoted to Bronze before I'd done anything?????

9. fabT

fabT Hardcore Simmer

Well i am bronze and was demoted to ... bronze 2 more times today, all within 30 minutes.
    No promotion, just demotion.

10. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

Sounds like the system is either broken or being worked on and someone's constantly truncating all the database tables while working on it :D

11. Ælleden

Ælleden Rookie

I get it everytime I go above 9500 total rating.
    When you drop under 9500 you go back to bronze (never been gold or silver lol) So since my natural rating is in between 9490 and 9510 it's funny and happens often to me x)

Salvatore Amato likes this.
  12. TDS

TDS Alien

Ratings are totally a WIP, i would expect algorithm tweaks/balancing and probably some full resets along the way.

Turk likes this.
  13. Turk

Turk Alien

The system hasn't been properly implemented yet. We've been warned not to get to attached to our ratings as they could be reset prior to full release.

14. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Atm I can only tell 2 things:

a) the TO rating is super sensitive regarding balancing of one (or more) of the other ratings. For example we know that CC is out of shape and gives quite high results with 0.5, so the TO rating is almost linearlily out of shape, too
    b) this
    is actually handled well - dedicated logic should prevent such a flip flop just because your natural rating is close to a threshold. Specifically the fact that you skip silver+gold tells me that the numbers seem off here. Will (try to) have a look before 0.6 goes out; as usual no promises, we are (as usual) really busy.

15. Ælleden

Ælleden Rookie

Yeah, to explain it more easily, when I go over 950 TO i get the message "platinum rating" BUT not the logo/icon on the profile (still named as Bronze)
    When I get under 9500 TO, I get the message that I got demoted to bronze.

No problem, it's a small bug/thing to fix, no need to be worried.
    I'm actually already glad you watch threads and read everything :)

Good luck to the team :)

16. Minolin

actually I'm quite up-to-date here, just not always comment (each comment = less coding time)

17. Just a question @Minolin:
    will the rating value decrease if you don't use the SW for some time? I mean, if I do not drive for, for example, a year it is supposed I need some time to reach my level again.
    Thanks. Keep the great work!

18. Minolin

No, atm the ratings will only decay while you keep adding new laps (CN/CC independently of SA/RC, which require traffic).

Only PC is decaying by time, when we add new "seasons"

19. Akbalder

Akbalder Gamer

It seems that older special events are totally removed in each update. Will it still be the case in the release?
    I'd prefer that my previous special events still count in my rating and I'd like to be able to improve my ratings in older seasons.

20. Kopiller

Kopiller Racer

I'd love that my team did better last season....

21. Minolin

I'm talking about the concept, have to admit that it didn't really work as intended.
    But your success in the past is only meant to be some kind of bridge so you don't suddenly drop to zero; but if you drop from 98 to 79, this means you just need to do one sensible lap in the new events to be close to your old value again.
    So in a way it's quite cosmetic