1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Console/PC Setup Options Disparity

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by alternatingcurrent, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Why are there setup options available on the PC version that are not available on the console version? Why aren't they identical?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Editing screens individually, is it possible? Triple Monitor setup plugin. Apr 5, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New To ACC and the setup on PS5 Nov 7, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC / OSR Setup Tool Web App (Open-Source-Racing.com) Aug 30, 2023
    ACC Tools ACC Setup Synchronizer May 26, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions All settings and setups vanished May 23, 2023
    ACC Tools Web-Based ACC Setup Tool for Sharing and Creating Setups May 11, 2023
    Screens & Videos ACC | Monza | HotLap + Setup | Ferrari 296 GT3 - 1:47.322 May 10, 2023
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues Can you adjust monitors specifically for triple monitor setup? May 1, 2023
    ACC Hardware Discussions Motion not as smooth on side monitors as middle monitor - Triple Monitor Setup (with high FPS!) Mar 22, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Game briefly freezes and shows the setup screen during driving Feb 13, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Generic car setups Feb 7, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions when are we getting the next Update ? Setups still broken Jan 13, 2023
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - SETUP BUNDLE | ALL Tracks | Ferrari 488 GT3 EVO Jan 11, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Avis/conseils pour upgrader mon setup VR Dec 27, 2022
    XBox One Discussions Restore AC restore car default setup Dec 16, 2022

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Maybe say which differences your talking about, car setup, game setup etc and the actual differences not just something so general. I dont have the console version but I wonder what the differences are as many others wont by your first post.

Straight6lover and LeDude83 like this.
  4. I don't have the PC version, but I was watching a stream and I thought I saw a few options that weren't in the console version. After Googling it a little though, it seems I might have been wrong. I still can't find a picture of all the setup pages to confirm. I also read someone in the chat say that there are some missing options on the console, but didn't specify what so, I might be mistaken. Forgive me if I am.

EDIT - I'm hoping there's someone on the forum that owns both versions that can either confirm or deny. Are the setup options identical?

5. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

There are a few options missing for some (F138, SF15-T, 908LH and 917/30), plus the brake pressure / setup check options for all cars.
    Or are you talking about the differences between PC/Console setup values?

6. Yea I know about the specific cars with the settings missing. I think the fact that the setup screen had a different layout confused me. Brake pressure would be nice to have, though.

paul_wev likes this.
  7. ZX636

ZX636 Hardcore Simmer

Yes, It would be nice to have brake pressure settings on all cars, just like on PC.
    By the way, to clarify my previous post, I was talking about the differences mentioned in another thread (https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/anywhere-for-setups.36201/ - Last post by @MBK72).
    You can see the different values for rear height and dampers' bump/rebound between consoles and PC. I haven't had the time to check but I guess the KTM isn't the only one affected.

DatNoiseV12 likes this.
  8. TNTNitro

TNTNitro Gamer

different interface to hide the lack of resources in the ps4 xbox (hinder comparisons)
    We can't access the Forum pc to see what's out there

my opinion

9. Kevin Kirk

Kevin Kirk Simracer

they have yet to bring the console version up to par and is missing a huge amount of settings and option and features. The next update is said to be a good step in that direction so I'm assuming they are planning to start working on the console version in the updates to come.

10. hoss2852

hoss2852 Gamer

I bought Assetto on ps4 because my elderly pc isn't up to it. Soon realised that its not actually very god as an overall experience . Its okay if you want to struggle on safe in the knowledge that its not the same as the pc experience either in content or build level. I know people will say its going to be improved but that didn't stop me having to pay full price for something that is supposed to be equivalent to the pc version. Anyway my pc is rubbish but I downloaded automobilista and it works brilliantly even on my machine and you know what it is better as well

gregOr1971 likes this.
  11. On the setup screen for the PC version, for the fuel, it tells you how many laps you'll get out of your fuel load. It tells you what your tire pressure will be hot and cold, and there is a brake pressure percentage. All of these are not on console and would be really helpful.

ppbucko and paul_wev like this.
  12. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

If you switch tyre warmers on you get a hot pressure displayed ;)

13. Does that mean you start with warm tires? When you turn tire warmers on what else does it do?

ppbucko likes this.
  14. Only works offline at the moment but you start with a particular type of tyre at optimum temperature but will loose heat as default pressures set to high to maintain that temperature.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2017
  15. TheGT500

TheGT500 Racer

The things I miss the most (apart from custom button mapping / keyboard support) is wheel and pedal calibration.
    In pCARS you can not only set the brake pressures in the car setup lounge (pits), but also the saturation and deadzone adjustments that give you so much more control. These adjustments, along with proper wheel calibration go a long way to increase enjoyment and realism. When you have a SIM on console that has arguably the best physics and FFB, it feels an affront to have the most basic setup options.
    This is in addition to the lack or loss of soft lock on the PS4 (my console platform). There's nothing worse than spinning out and the wheel having 240° + of free play after the car has run out of lock ! And also MIN FFB setting. I don't know if it's the lack of deadzone adjustments or MIN FFB, but every car suffers from lack of feel in the straight ahead position which will return if the wheel is moved left/right slightly.

Donald_Trump2016 and ppbucko like this.
  16. So, on the setup screen, I see there's a hot and cold PSI, but it looks bugged. When I put 18 PSI in the tires, it tells me that cold is 18, and hot and 17.5. That can't be right, can it? Tire pressure doesn't go down when tires get hot, they go up. And that's a strange difference in the PSI. The hot and cold PSI should have more than a .5 PSI difference, I'd imagine. It seems to me like it's bugged.

17. l think your right the info is bugged, the actual warmers only work and that's just offline.

18. Also, the wear and blistering always are at zero, and the gaining is always there a few percent. I don't know if that's right. I'll go a full race, and I see the green bars for the tire life has gone down, but when I'm in the pits, the wear will say zero percent. Also, randomly, after long practice sessions, the setup values will be bugged, changing at different interval, becoming stuck and sometimes completely freezing the whole game. But the game isn't frozen, it's just as if the game has stop responding to any controls.

19. There are a couple things that seem not to work that well lets hope the update will solve them when it arrives.

alternatingcurrent likes this.
  20. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Hot pressure shows the pressure the tyre will start at when it hits the track, if tyre warmers are off, it relates to the ambient temperature that is set, if tyre warmers are on it relates to the temperature they are set to (we can't adjust that). This can be checked with the tyre app.

I have no idea what reference temperature is used for calculating cold pressure, a guess would be 26 degrees Celsius.

Graining occurs if the tyre is too cold, blistering is happening when it is too hot.

There are some bugs on the screen for sure, the outside, middle and inside temperatures are a bit of a mess, I have also run into the problem where the live screen locks up and does not show changes as well.

The readings on the live screen vary because the car isn't on a flat level surface.

21. What tyre app, no tyre app on console. EDIT l think you mean the HUD.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2017
    cdrikou likes this.