1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Console version badly flawed. Only pc modding has kept game in the limelight

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by fools jester, Jan 12, 2017.

1. fools jester

fools jester Gamer

Title says it all... Latest update 1.11 is like going backwards...

Only good thing is handling and FFB model with a wheel but on console there is just nothing good with the game.

Online is a joke. Car choice is forced upon you. Nordschleife tourist for example and now they remove on of the best cars available, the F40.

Drifting is the best experience out there but without the mod tracks and cars, there is only so much you can take with Japan drift track and the handful of cars available.

Such a shame. Clearly the jump onto console was a massive under thought and very poorly implemented.

I don't want rubber band UI or the other fake elements like what forza does, but limitations on content and online just kills it...

Maybe best to stick to non game simulation in the future and not to waste resource/money on console. It would be a loss to the console users but clearly this is not fit for that market.

Awaiting hate responses... (Well this community is one of the most toxic out there)

Snoopy likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    XBox One Discussions Possible new patches for the console versions? Aug 17, 2020
    News and Announcements Assetto Corsa Competizione - PS4, PS5 and XBox One/X/S - Console Version: HOW TO GET SUPPORT Jun 23, 2020
    Console Lounge will console version have UDP so we can use dash apps? Jun 19, 2020
    Console Lounge Console set ups - .ini file conversion Mar 7, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues g920 brake pedal - why no Calibration menu on console version? Jun 16, 2018
    Console Lounge Tyre model version consoles Nov 12, 2017
    Suggestions Photo mod on Console version Aug 15, 2017
    Console Lounge Who is working on the console version? Mar 29, 2017
    Console Lounge Very important! Console version: Mar 28, 2017
    Console Lounge HUD elements for the console versions Nov 16, 2016
    Console Lounge V1.03 on console? 10 key features missing from the console version Nov 11, 2016
    Console Lounge Solution(s) for better MP (console version) Sep 26, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Track not have console version Sep 21, 2016
    Suggestions Please add online quick race to console version Sep 20, 2016
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Why is console version harder than PC? Sep 13, 2016

3. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

4. Snoopy

Snoopy Alien

It wasn't so toxic when AC was the underdog in sim racing. Now that it is considered one of the best even the users grew wings so they could look down on everyone. Mob mentality is quite interesting.

5. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Then you haven't seen a lot of gaming communities out there.

mtbwa1, Schnipp, FAA Cupmania and 4 others like this.
  6. bondyboy

bondyboy Alien

7. Dafunk

Dafunk Rookie

8. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

[​IMG]
    (I actually stole that from somebody here)

9. Things are going to be better with private lobbies I guess. Just be patient. Just saying, no toxic comment. :p

10. Birdorf

Birdorf Gamer

Aye, title says it all.

11. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

AC Community in a nutshell:
    [​IMG]
    Yeah, we're kinda toxic. :D

12. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

Kinda = on a scale from 1-10, about a 3. I've seen 8s and 9s, believe me. (Anyone here ever read much gearslutz?)

Don't confuse intolerance of foolishness with toxicity. :D

Tino66 and Chazz Ranger like this.
  13. TDS

TDS Alien

hahahahahahahahhaha
    made my day! thanks :)

er540 likes this.
  14. TDS

TDS Alien

I don't see much of that tho(maybe there's like 5 forum members with said wingz, if so), from around 150.000 users...not bad i would say not bad at all.

btw thanks for the first Nords for AC, went trough many many miles there, was epic :)
    i still have it here installed and sometimes i go there to enjoy a bit of a nostaugic session.

Cheers

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    Snoopy likes this.
  15. Sigurd615

Sigurd615 Racer

Other than you being wrong about everything I agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bradleyland and Larryf1951 like this.
  16. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Most PC players don't even use mods. Argument invalid. Proof:

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/assetto-corsa.1/

Most popular car mod (Mazda 787B) in RaceDepartment downloaded 105,797 times. (Updated 4 times)
    Second most popular car mod (Corvette C6R) downloaded 76,415 times. (Updated 12 times)
    Most popular track mod (Donington) downloaded 130,787 times. (Updated 15 times)
    Most popular app mod (ptracker) downloaded 43,916 times. (Updated 54 times)
    Second most popular app (ACTI) downloaded 36,189 times. (Updated 6 times)

This is from all-time, including all versions.

Why I mention updates? Because they count towards total downloads. For example Donington mod has been updated 15 times. Now divide Donington download amount 105,797 with 15, and you get 7053. If we assume that players used the track since 1st version and wanted always most recent version (to be able to join Donington in MP for example), roughly seven thousand PC players ever used the most popular track mod in Assetto Corsa. This is highly theoretical number of course. Some people didn't always update, some deleted the track, some found it later.

Still, among tracks, most of the highest quality track mods have relatively low downloads (for example Riverside 39,213, VIR 24,995, Aspertsham 12,240) because people don't know about it. There is very few cars/tracks that are official quality. In cars, the realism value of the physics comes into question. For example after very popular Miura mod became official, Kunos version had completely different handling (much less impossible). They just used the 3D model, physics were wrong.

Now, compare the mod downloads, to AC Steam version Owners: 395,991 ± 25,177 Source: http://steamspy.com/app/244210

Review score in Metacritic PC version (85) highly unlikely is based on mods. http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/assetto-corsa
    Reviewers don't review mods, they review games. Most of the currently relevant PC mods came much later, than those reviews which are based on 1.0 and a bit after. For example, none of the mods I currently use, existed when PC reviews came out.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2017
    LeDude83, Schnipp and Tino66 like this.
  17. FAA Cupmania

FAA Cupmania Rookie

Here we go..another Drive Club or Need for Speed player opening a topic without sense..go back to your arcade ma friend

SlimCharles likes this.
  18. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Really? There is nothing good with the game? I ask because it seams that you mention something good about it, 2 of those things being the most important aspect of a sim. Also how is 1.11 going backwards? What is different than 1.10? Other than no F40? You'll also be able to use what you want soon.

19. Ischemica

Ischemica Hardcore Simmer

Lots of people like it, are they wrong?

20. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Please calm down, everyone! We're totally open to feedback and constructive criticism but please don't start posting comments to one another that are only going to turn into arguments. Thanks!

bradleyland and SlimCharles like this.
  21. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

Any chance you could comment on the missing special events, people have asked numerous times, only to be ignored every single time.