1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

XB1 content a little light

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by StephenJHayes83, Dec 31, 2016.

1. just got ac for xmas on xb1 and have to say im a little underwhelmed

seems very light on content compared to the other sim on the console.

any scope to apply mods in 2017?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    General modding discussion Guest Mode For Content Manager Mar 7, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Server in Content manager not allowing change of final rtatio Oct 7, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS5 Content May 26, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Content Manager CSP ( Custom Shaders Patch ) error. Mar 19, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Content Manager - Turn Signals Hold/Toggle Jan 29, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Unable to Download Content in CM through Sharepoint Jan 23, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Content Manager has screwed me Nov 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Can you change default car setups using Content Manager? Nov 3, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Content manager : Change engine map ?! May 14, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds I am missing Red Bull Ring and more KS related content Mar 6, 2022
    General modding discussion content menager problems no synchornization Jan 12, 2022
    General modding discussion Skyboxes not loading from Content Manager, CSP, and Sol Sep 11, 2021
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds VisorX mod not working with Content Manager and CSP? Jun 5, 2021
    ACC Screenshots & Videos I can't go online in content manager May 23, 2021
    General modding discussion ACC controller gameplay in Assetto Corsa (content manager?) Mar 15, 2021

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Being a sim to get close to the potential of any car at any track including setup work would be 20-50 laps. Average lap is maybe 2 minutes not including Nords so just to scratch the surface will take 30 minute to 1 hour in 1 car at one track. Now how many cars and tracks are there and its already not really possible to give the current amount of content a proper crack. What do you want 1000 cars and 100 tracks where 1000 cars just doing 1 out lap in each car would be a very long time at one track.

Sure maybe there isnt certain content you want but its not to say there isnt already enough, there can always be more but nobody can really run all we have already. You got AC for xmas so surely you have barely ran any of it so far and you already say there isnt enough and you need more cars and tracks your unlikley to ever use.

4. in comparison to other games/sims it appear light thus me asking about mods as the pc side appears to has scope to do lots of different things. pc side can mod the car shapes, tracks etc etc etc

i have no wish to spend hours upon hours on end lapping to get the perfect lap, I would however like to race online in diverse environments. don't need 1000 tin tops, but for example can someone show me where the indycar is? i've also not seen an oval? Daytona? LMP?

got ac based on suggestions from the pc side saying the physics of the game is great - can't argue with that, but as stated this early into my experience it feels a little short on all disciplines of track racing.

in any case, does anyone know if mods will be made available to the console side???

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Its not likely the console version will be modable and it was never said to be included, same as there were no Indycars, ovals or Daytona mentioned anywhere as being included. There are quite a few LMP cars along with f1 and other open wheel cars. Some in the base game and some in DLC's, there will be more updates to come and DLC's including some more US content most likely when the Laguna Seca track is released. Not to put a downer on you but if you looked at what was included you could have avoided the disappointment if you were looking for something else such as a movable platform on console, Indycars ovals and Daytona.

What is and isnt included I think is fairly clearly stated at any place you will purchase the game from and some basic research beforehand would have likely avoided disappointment if what it has isn't what you wanted.

nate, bradleyland, Pleite and 3 others like this.
  6. all that was required was a no on the mod front - thanks will exchange the gift bought for me (can't research something you don't know your getting!) for project cars

a rhetorical question as I leave - are you always this rude and condescending!?

fyi rhetorical means I don't need an answer.

7. Horus

Horus Alien

I think you will be better served by getting an arcade game, if you cannot put the time in then there is no point owning a Racing Sim. It can be used as a relaxing spin, but if you want the most out of online battles then you have to put hours upon hours into each car/track combination. I agree with Marty.

P.S. Your family/friends do not understand your gaming needs. AC is for life. Not just for Christmas.

8. Jebus

Jebus Alien

So why did you ask about indy, ovals, Daytona and LMP if you didn't want an answer? Should people guess when you're throwing out rhetorical questions?

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Project cars doesnt have modding on console (not even official on PC though some have hacked some mods into it) it doesnt have Daytona, I dont remember if it has an oval probably has some crappy one but I have it and hardly use it, the game that is not the ovals if they are there.

Your the one saying AC is light on content and then going to another game that doesnt have most of the stuff your asking for, it has some but then has no Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini, Maserati.

FYI if you didn't want answers to any of your questions you wouldn't have asked them. ;)

nate and Horus like this.
  10. Gunja

Gunja Alien

AC has so far unique role on consoles. To simulate how the cars drive and not just how they look like in the real world.
    Nothing to compare with so far as there are no other sims on console. Compared to console racing games, you may have a point.
    I believe KS approach was realism (quality) over quantity.

ShredatorFIN, Ace Pumpkin and Horus like this.
  11. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

No, the game for you is Forza 6. As stated above, PCars hasn't got what you're after either; Forza does. Besides, it's got 1000 cars that behave all as one, incredible prize wheelspins, fireworks that go with every lap you complete and the amazing advantage of letting you paste a Homer Simpson's pic on you car's bonnet or whatever/wherever. Now, which other SIM could be as nice as that? :eek:

12. Horus

Horus Alien

Are you being sarcastic @Pleite. Don't answer that I was be rhetorical. :D :D :D

13. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

That's one of the best forza 6 reviews I've read, yes I own it and your spot on. This is even funnier I also own forza horizon 3, with blizzard mountain. Horizon is supposed to be arcade version of forza 6 so why does the arcade version handle 3 times as well on a wheel as the racing version. In fact blizzard mountain on horizon in the snow on a wheel is so good it's better than all the rally games on Xbox.
    I've gone well of piste from the original thread.
    Have you read the fanatec CEO threads on forza 7. It needs to handle like assetto on wheels so we can only hope.

14. Larryf1951

Larryf1951 Hardcore Simmer

I will reluctantly admit that I felt the same as the OP when I got my copy home. I pre-ordered it, too.
    I was comparing it to GT, more than a bit unfairly.
    AC is a dedicated simulation. It does not attempt to be an arcade game. So content, though light (and expanding, both cars and tracks), it is quality content.
    If you want hundreds of cars and are okay with digital renderings of tracks, then enjoy the other racing games available.
    The people in this forum are happy with what AC delivers and has promised for the future.
    Have a happy new year, regardless of your gaming preferences. :D

nate, Snowman38, martcerv and 4 others like this.
  15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I honestly cannot believe FM7 will handle like AC, it would put a much too big strain on their community! It's about winning a 3 lap race from the back on your first attempt. Ego boosting galore. Putting in some effort is not what the generation ADHD is after. In my sole opinion ofc. :p;)

16. Horus

Horus Alien

Don't hold back, tell us what you really think Ace. LOL :D

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  17. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

There is something called "good resolutions", you know...;)

18. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

That's his words not mine, what I think he's trying to say he hopes the wheels actually drive like wheels on the next forza instead of what's on offer at the moment which is awfull. Forza 7 is coming after you pc sim boys, apparently your the untapped market. Lol enjoy

19. Forza 7 will be great and will have new physics, but it still won't be a sim like Assetto Corsa. It's good to have choice a full sim racer and a simish racer for when you don't want to be too serious, I think Turn 10 doesn't get the credit they deserve sometimes for Forza but with all future releases coming to PC and console they could do a great job especially with the budget they have.

Nothing wrong with the amount of content in assetto corsa either people think having 900 cars to drive is great even though they will only stick to like 20 of them. It also takes months to create each car

20. Pleite

Pleite Simracer

I don't know if they would get to improve Forza's FFB and physics that much to place it anywhere close to what's been said. Even if they do, which wouldn't be anything short of a miracle imo, everything in the Forza series since their 5th iteration sounds and looks (to me) so superficial and fanfare like that I would hardly feel even tempted to give it a go.

I think Forza has gone the wrong way since their 4th release, and it is unlikely they'll ever go back to what they were (bad FFB, acceptable physics but a more adult like presentation); their new style has been very welcome by the newer generation - precisely for its aura of superficiality, imo - and probably this is their way to go now.

I don't think it's possible Forza 7 will pose any threat to AC even if it miraculously becomes wheel friendly; AC seems to be aimed at a public that wants something that has a more solid and serious overall presentation, besides the great driving feel; I don't think Forza's got what it takes to satisfy this more serious minded audience.

21. turn 10 have someone new in charge of physics and ffb, supposedly they come from a pc sim racing background so who knows. Forza 6 is a good game and the rain and puddle effects are good, yeah its not 100% sim but outwith assetto corsa and project cars nothing on consoles comes close to it even hozizon 3 is a really good game but its deffo an arcade racer. GT sport will be decent on ps4 but will be an average racer.

mods for Assetto Corsa can be done on console but is much more work for kunos as they all have to be checked and verified before being allowed on xbl and psn there is also a size restriction for mods on ps4

Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    IF RACING likes this.