1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Controller - drift/steers to the right

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by Retom7, Aug 30, 2016.

1. Retom7

Retom7 Rookie

* What platform are you playing Assetto Corsa on? Xbox One
    * Where is the problem occurring? (Multiplayer? Single player?) Single player
    * How often does the issue occur? Every time I race
    * Does the issue occur on a specific track? Under the events; multiple events
    * Does the issue occur when driving a specific car? No, all cars used so far

I know others have mentioned this in passing, but I don't see a specific thread for it. I have a video posted under GT: Retom7 on Xbox One. My car has a nasty steering issue where it constantly pulls to the right. I have asked this under Reddit and figured I would post it here as well. I am too focused on correcting this that I can't possibly race. Is this a known issue? Is there a fix to it? It's unplayable at the moment for me.

Further info:
    - Controller is brand new. It's not a controller issue. I have tried other games just to be sure that there's no drift.
    - I have tried rebooting the game and console

giulianbu likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Update the button layout options for controllers. Mar 3, 2024
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC on PC with Controller | Race Element /ps5 controller activate triggers Feb 28, 2024
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions New controller and keyboard mapping Aug 1, 2023
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Xbox controller rumble randomly stops working correctly Mar 16, 2023
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues My Console Controllers are being detected as a wheel Dec 29, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Xbox One Controller Settings Oct 24, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions PS5 Controller Vibration Sep 30, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Xbox One Controller Issue Sep 2, 2022
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Use two controllers in game Aug 1, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Controller user Jun 10, 2022
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Slow and delayed steering. Xbox controller Jun 4, 2022
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Steering is really slow and delayed. Xbox controller Jun 4, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Duelsense controller settings May 17, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals 3x lost controller during drive Dec 28, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions How to turn off vibration from controller? Dec 18, 2021

3. Retom7

Retom7 Rookie

UPDATE: My brother installed his copy and noticed the same issue on the controller. It's visible what's happening. If you go into the pits and look at the driver POV cam, you will notice my default position is slightly turned to the left. Barely touching the sticks results in the steering going all over the place. This is a major issue as my controller is brand new and the quality of Xbox controllers is weak at best. I would find it hard to believe there are many perfect controllers out there that will stay that way after a few dozen hours on the cheap things.

Anyway, I'm still looking forward to the game, but will add my disappointment that this is starting off all too similar to the Project Cars fiasco that led to everyone abandoning the game. Please fix this and don't fall into the statistic of another fallen console racer. You're already part of the "release a broken game" statistic. I wouldn't worry about that as it's about 80% of the new games these days.

4. giulianbu

giulianbu Rookie

[Quote = "Retom7, posta: 739.922, membro: 146026"] * Quale piattaforma stai giocando Assetto Corsa su? Xbox One
    * Dove è il problema che si verificano? (Multiplayer? Giocatore singolo?) Giocatore singolo
    * Quanto spesso il problema si verifica? Ogni volta ho corsa
    * Il problema si verifica su una pista specifica? Sotto gli eventi; più eventi
    * Il problema si verifica quando si guida una macchina specifica? No, tutte le automobili utilizzate finora

So che altri hanno parlato di questo di passaggio, ma non vedo un filo specifico per esso. Ho un video pubblicato sotto GT: Retom7 su Xbox One. La mia macchina ha un problema di sterzo brutto dove tira sempre verso destra. Ho chiesto questo sotto Reddit e pensato che avrei postare qui pure. Sono troppo concentrato sulla correzione questo che non posso possibilmente gara. Si tratta di un problema noto? C'è una difficoltà ad esso? E 'ingiocabile al momento per me.

Per maggiori informazioni:
    - Controller è nuovo di zecca. Non è un problema di controllo. Ho provato altri giochi solo per essere sicuri che non c'è deriva.
    - Ho provato a ripartire il gioco e la console [/ quote]
    same thing is happening to me! practically unplayable so, it is a big problem and many are reporting that both ps4 and xbox one, Kunos must respond to these reports.

5. Retom7

Retom7 Rookie

Still nothing? Any official word on this? Game is collecting dust at this point. Would love to play it but still completely unplayable.

6. Beastmode

Beastmode Rookie

If it pulls to one side it's to do with the gamma setting.
    Try these controller settings
    Vibration anything you like.
    Speed sensitivity 20
    Steering speed 20
    Steering deadzone 20
    Steering filter 0
    Gamma 250

Works very well for gt cars and not too bad for others

7. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

There is, or was, a bug with Steering Gamma - adjusting gamma caused the steering to veer right. Its not happening to me anymore - I deleted my profile save and started again but left SG at 100. Since then I discovered you can reset advanced steering settings by simply switching wheel and controller. The best way to see if you are affected is to go to cockpit view and check the virtual steering wheel - should be straight. I can now adjust steering gamma so maybe it is fixed?