1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Controller Settings for XB1

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by EMW SMILER, Sep 3, 2016.

1. EMW SMILER

EMW SMILER Hardcore Simmer

I have been trying to calibrate the controller and am aware there are bugs being investigated. I have tried varied setups and at last attempt my settings 80, 0, 0, 100, 60, 100 are confusing... how can I be steering with 100% Steering Deadzone? Surely this is wrong. Can anyone shed any light on this for me..... please.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Xbox One Controller Settings Oct 24, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Duelsense controller settings May 17, 2022
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Explanation of PS4 Wireless controller settings Oct 26, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions controller settings with disabled hand. Aug 9, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions I FOUND THE BEST CONTROLLER SETTINGS Jul 18, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Controller Settings Jun 26, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Controller Settings Explanations Jun 12, 2020
    ACC Troubleshooting Freeze going back from controller settings Jan 15, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Logitech G29 not recognized by ACC [Steam controller settings override issue] Jan 7, 2020
    Chit Chat Room What the heck is going on?...wheel and controller settings misbehaving using Content Manager Jan 1, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Can't change/save my XBOX Controller settings Nov 5, 2019
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Game freezes when changing controller settings Aug 22, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Can't change my controller settings v1.0.6 Jul 27, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals SERIOUSLY!! WHat is going on with controllers losing all settings?? Jul 21, 2019
    ACC Troubleshooting [ Ingame / advanced controller settings ] - Min / Max "deadzone" limit not saving correctly May 31, 2019

3. Beastmode

Beastmode Rookie

They seems to all fight eachover in funny ways
    Try from the top
    20 vibration I like that
    20 speed sens
    20 steering speed
    20 steering deadzone
    0 filter
    250 gamma

4. EMW SMILER

Thanks for your reply Beastmode - The question was how can the steering work with settings at 100 % deadzone - it doesn't make sense to me. I have got some settings that are working for me now but the question remains .......

5. Beastmode

Beastmode Rookie

To me it's obviously broken somewhere. Hopefully they fix it. After getting half decent at the game I know think the default settings ain't too bad lol

6. Rayco

Rayco Rookie

hi everyone, after search in many forums, watching youtube/twich, and hours spent playing, mine is like that, for practice, racing or drifting, well ballanced at least for me, for most of the tracks and cars (even for drifting). It's true that some parameters don't make much sense (like deadzone as you said)...and also drifting with the pad is sooo hard, but i got now some accracy and may have some fun at online lobbies with people using wheels.

30 vibration (low value becuse is the only way i found avoiding the fact that car goes to the right, and i dont feel a lot difference with hgher values but for some reason the car spins to the right at higuer values)

35 speed sens (because in fast turns you need it, or the car wont turn, but i don't suggest much more than that)

5 steering speed (or even lower to avoid the crazy hands spining wheels animation)

5 steering deadzone ( this parameter is crazy i get low values for slow turns and drift, but it works well with higuer values in fast tracks...)

50 filter (but this value drives me crazy in some cars and when you drift...in fact i don't think is useful in pads)

110 gamma (this is like this: higher value, the more time the wheel longs back into the initial position when you turn all the degrees. A small value, the wheel backs so fast to the initial position)

(aproximated values)

BTW so sorry for my bad english!

I know many people in consoles using pad and they are really fast, obviously is not the best for games like AC, the wheel is waaaaay better (sensations, driving, times, simulation..) but a little expensive in my opinion and in my case i don't want to sell my G25 to buy a newer one for them make me buy another one in one yar or less...microsoft should give support to most popular wheels in the market, but they don't care too much of their costumers (my opinion)

so share your pad configurations, lets find some well balanced settings!

7. EMW SMILER

Bought a Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider steering wheel for £70 and, I hate to say it but, OMG I'm taking off 4 or 5 seconds a lap I was doing with what I thought was a well calibrated controller. That's all folks - it is amazing and I can only imagine what this must feel like in a proper rig. On controller - Very hard - Steering Wheel - yeah whoopee huzzah thanks Kunos etc bring it on. Looking forward to new content and patches.....
    Deadzone question is irrelevant now. Thanks.

Ischemica likes this.
  8. Try these. Spent a lot of time dialing these in after the 1.03 update

Speed Sensitivity- 30%
    Steering Speed- 12%
    Steering Deadzone- 2%
    Steering Filter- 18%
    Steering Gamma- 4.0

9. after the update to me is back to the first version of the game, a little frustating at the moment, before patch 1.03 i drived well in drifting and normal.. now.. well.. back the first bug of the controller steer .. very sad..

10. after hours i setted in this way , not perfect 100% like was on previous patch but almost usable:

steering sensibility : 5%
    steering spees : 15%
    deadzone : 5%
    steering filter : 10%
    gamma : 3.0

11. giulianbu

giulianbu Rookie

the pad of the steering is buggy, you have disappointed me, also now the machines are unmanageable, Kunos shame !!!!

Monkey-CH likes this.
  12. hello, I'm new in this world of simulation .. some set up for the g920 flyer on this date or for control in xbox one s ... sorry for my bad english .. thanks

13. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

From what I know from another user that was using Controller in AC PC version, he went and had a setup for each car he drove .
    In the end @Shaddix was as fast as above good (sometimes even really close to alien levels) steering wheel users .