1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Could the AI stop pushing if there's someone in front, please?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by OrganDonor, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@OrganDonor - If you carried on that way in real life racing one day you might be donating your organs.

A sensible gap wasn't there and your not Ayrton Senna. 100% your fault. You side doored the GTR Ai. If only the Ai could write frustrated hate threads! Maybe @Minolin can make that happen ;) :p

A picture is worth a thousand words. This picture only deserves 1. Hint it's in your tag ;)
    crash.jpg

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    R. Iván, chksix, Son and 1 other person like this.
  2. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

IF you read the post properly he is not complaining about the fact that he got hit BUT the fact that the AI wont stop pushing you along the track once the crash has happened .;)

bgil66, OrganDonor and Reinart86 like this.
  3. Coanda

Coanda Alien

@Paul Sutton - Excuse me...
    Why should the Ai back out of the corner, he barged his way in mad max style.

I would rather see the Ai push that foolish behaviour off the track than come to a complete stop and log jam the whole corner for everyone else behind. How are the devs supposed to write sound logic for every stupid behaviour scenario? I see thousands of dodgy/idiotic moves being made. The problem here is the human, not the Ai!

4. Coanda

Coanda Alien

"I'm going into the turn first" haha good one!
    "Even though the AI was 10cm beside me" haha good one! More like the A pillar..

5. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

Thats NOT what i am saying i am saying ONCE THE ACCIDENT has happened the AI wont stop pushing you along the track. If you had a crash in a race irl would you just floor it into the side of the car you hit and push him out if the way no you would STOP and either back up or wait until the car you hit moves out if the way REGARDLESS of who caused the accident. Nobody is denying that the op was in the wrong when he moved over into the path of the ai. And nobody is saying that the ai should back out if a corner once committed and under heave braking.

OrganDonor and Reinart86 like this.
  6. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

Why dont you watch the video again you might notice that the point of impact is at the turn in that caused the spin not what you posted.
    [​IMG]

7. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I get what your argument is. No need to CAPS IT. I am not handicapped.

To reiterate:- "I would rather see the Ai push that foolish behaviour off the track than come to a complete stop and log jam the whole corner for everyone else behind. How are the devs supposed to write sound logic for every stupid behaviour scenario? I see thousands of dodgy/idiotic moves being made. The problem here is the human, not the Ai!"

8. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton Simracer

Yes he made a mistake by turning into the corner no doubt about that we have all done it.
    I did a mp race last night an T1 and T2 @ Monza turned into a pile of spinning cars going in all different directions so humans do the same thing.:D

9. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer

Just a side note, how is the AIs actions any different than OPs? He stays also on throttle rejoining and hitting the passing lambo :)

But for the actual contact where AI spins OP, that is another issue, could have been avoided, AI juwt pushes to back corner. This is not a good example of it but happens.

Coanda likes this.
  10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Did you every see me refer to what caused the "spin" ? My post was targeted at the idiotic behaviour some humans perform. And then they have the audacity to b!tch about it. How about don't pull those stupid moves in the first place as it is that type of mentality and poor skill I see in MP sessions all day long which continually ruins the experience and races for everyone else. T1 Monza fools are a dime a dozen...

11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I don't see alot of grind to halt activity here. Especially after some fool whacks you!

eg: 2:10, 3:10, 3:15

Madsen and chksix like this.
  12. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

I highly suggest you watch the recent Virgin Australia Supercars round from Adelaide last week, the Pit Lane incident between Rick Kelly and Chaz Mostert ;)

Aside that similar human incident yes the AI do need to be more aware of accidents/spins etc in front of them.

13. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

:D Best racing in the world

Coanda likes this.
  14. Rudski

Rudski Alien

Haha, I was about to post the same thing.

Coanda and Pulley like this.
  15. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Player does not anticipate the tight turn ahead and the dense car traffic, goes too fast for too long, realises he has not enough breaking distanc eleft and avoids to the right where there is another car. That car cannot avoid but must crash into him.

To make things worse, player then does not wait on the sideline for traffic passing him, but immediately turns and returns back on track and into the driving direciton of the incoming traffic and almost hits the traffic, he does so without any visible caution or care to avoid a crash, does not wait and does not spend a second to look whether it is safe to return onto the track and do a 180°. . He was lucky - by a felt hair'S width. In online driving, such reckless behaviour makes me furious.

Sorry, but original poster has no claim in this story, I see two big mistakes by him in this.

Better anticipation of events unfolding in front of the driver is needed, and improved situational awareness - and more patience. Leave other cars the room to materially exist, leave them the space they need to simply "breathe".

menos | M6 and Coanda like this.
  16. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

Thanks! Much appreciated! Sorry if I sounded rude, wasn't my intention :)

Overall I absolutely love how you've coded the AI (best out of all sims imo) and I've said it multiple times before as well. There are a few issues that we need to sort out but I'm sure we'll get there eventually.

Good to know about SA - I wasn't sure if it was just my imagination. I managed to get it up to 70-ish by driving cleanly against the AI. Joined a couple multiplayer races and after the typical starts where you get pushed from behind and maybe touch someone in front while going into turn one at Monza, it was down to 45. I agree it needs to go down but it feels like it's a bit too harsh at the moment. Maybe the penalties in multiplayer races need to be a bit more lenient than in races again AI.

I don't think I did something so idiotic for you to keep ranting on about it.

Have you played a race at Monza yet? Have you seen how early they break? It caught me out, I tried to slow down as much as I could, realised it wasn't enough and went for the gap as there was space. Thinking that it's enough to have 95% of my car ahead of the AI I went for the apex and, yes an accident happened. I'm glad that you never get into accidents and never are in the wrong but if no-one ever "b****ed" here developers wouldn't know about quite a few issues. I posted a feedback on a discussion board and if you don't like it then at least don't get agitated when you see a thread that you don't agree with.

17. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

Can't edit the post anymore - wanted to add this:
    https://streamable.com/u0klp

What did I do wrong on that occasion? Why was the AI turning in even though I was ahead by almost a full length of the car and kept pushing as if I wasn't there? What am I supposed to do on this occasion? Not even try to overtake them because it's almost guaranteed that I'll get pushed out?

Result of this is - quit a half an hour long race half way through and closed ACC. There's no point continuing as by the time I straighten the car out I'll drop down to last (was 10th). Infuriating!

A couple more videos that I posted elsewhere demonstrating the lack of awareness of anyone being ahead of them:

https://streamable.com/dzdpv
    https://streamable.com/z83nc

mms likes this.
  18. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

1st Video:
    Nothing I haven't seen before in Real Racing, sure he turns in but you appear to be going straight on instead of turning for the corner, more evidence needed.

2nd Video:
    I see this is Real Racing...a lot, nothing wrong here.

3rd Video:
    Aahh the good old "Bump 'N Run", again seen this in Real Racing a lot although usually the Bumper gets a Drive Through Penalty or Yields the position back to the victim.

19. mms

mms Alien

Once again, the problem here is not who's fault it is, contacts will happen no matter what. It's rather that the AI keeps pushing after the initial contact, instead of backing up a bit. In the 1st video above, even if @OrganDonor would have tried to turn, it's impossible after the contact, as the AI pushing from the behind for some reason has a higher force than turning the wheel completely to the opposite...

What is strange to me that for some reason the AI seems to be more aware of you when they are side-by-side, or even ahead of you (I noticed this in AC too).

OrganDonor likes this.
  20. BoinkTheBeaver

BoinkTheBeaver Simracer