1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Could the AI stop pushing if there's someone in front, please?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by OrganDonor, Mar 11, 2019.

1. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

I'm not denying more can be done with regards the AI and "pushing" as it is proven to be a troublesome area, but equally what I don't want is for the AI to become Angels and never have any incidents. Yes Video 1 demonstrates the AIs Pushing necessity, but the other two videos are simply just racing, let's not eradicate every error the AI make otherwise they will be stale & boring to race against.

Coanda likes this.
  2. mms

mms Alien

Fully agreed, I don't mind the AI making contact at all, I love how it works in general, the main thing that bothers me is this issue of pushing their way after the initial contact.

BTW, in some cases (AI being diagonally ahead) the AI is already too polite, making room for you, would be nice if they could hold their line even if it would cause a slight contact (this IMO is a minor issue though).

Pulley likes this.
  3. Turk

Turk Alien

I don't think anyone has an issue with the Ai's behaviour up until the accident, it's just how they react after that. I can appreciate that it must be hard to program out AI's desire to eradicate all humans, which is what I'm assuming is the route cause of their behaviour.

mms and Pulley like this.
  4. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

You were missing the corner and AI knew it and he tried to help you :D

JK picture bellow explains what you did. If you watch your video you will see you are closing the doors for merc. and he had nowhere to go. And since you were diving and went deep in the corner AI had nowhere to go.
    Now i can agree with this that they should not push you but he just wants to win the race :)

[​IMG]

Coanda likes this.
  5. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

OMG I hate getting pushed by the AI usually I am having a great race with big smile on my face and then I will quote David Hobbs, "Looks like a little Argy-Bargy":D

mms likes this.
  6. Franc Pisek

Franc Pisek Gamer

I had the same situation 2nd turn in Misano.
    It is not a hard braking zone because most braking is done before turn one and yet AI cought my tail and just kept pushing me.

It´s funny because if you slow in the middle of the straight AI sometimes can´t find a way around you and just stop,
    but in corner they will turn you around and keep pushing your side.

Hope there is a way to prevent them from doing this.

OrganDonor, chksix and mms like this.
  7. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Ok..so i just did 25min with AI. And they were on 96 aggressiveness now whole race i had overtakes from 28th to 19th all clear racing, AI giving me space i giving them space no issues even had side by side with one of the AI trough T1 chicane all the way round "Curva grande" and on 2nd chicane where i got the lead on him, and then i had massive off with like 3 other cars..totally my mistake but was fun :D now after rejoining track i had AI lambo who got in to my slipstream and then on T1 i started braking and he did bump me a bit after that he overtook me and he was on his way. Overall it was good. AI is fighting for positions idk how would it be on 100 aggressiveness but i will give it a try soon. They are still hesitant to overtake even if they got a run on you but still it just could be matter of those 4 points of aggressiveness :)

Also... Had similar situation like yours clip i quoted.. T1 i am attacking and AI defending i left him room he went on the outside and then inside i went inside then outside and we got out of the chicane no issues.

idk is this offtopic or whatever XD just wanted to share my AI expirience while i am fresh out of the race :)

8. Coanda

Coanda Alien

Firstly it seems you have two issues that perhaps should have been dealt with separately. The Ai braking mark & their awareness for being squeezed or hit.

Firstly I am not ranting. You will know if I am. I only planned one response just like everyone else. Paul had a dig at me and on it went. Secondly I disagree. I see a couple idiotic moves you did. Please see response #3 for one of them.

Not true. T1 Nurburgring had a far worst Ai braking problem than Monza as the Ai were braking 75 meters early and not on the 1st lap like your example, with 100% skill & 100% aggression set. Here is how I approached it and the problem is now being worked on:- https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/ai-t1-nurburgring-braking-mark.55171/ .

No, not with the Ai. Only with MP. All my testing has heavily been done on Nurburgring. My concern is If a rookie brakes early or turns you around are you going to act the way you did in your original SP example. I really hope not because if so you are part of the major MP problem today. Forget the side door whack you gave the GTR. The way you re-joined the track dangerously and hit another car was a major no no. Where is your awareness? The very thing you are complaining about you perform yourself.

Firstly the Ai braked too early at 200m & you know this as this part of your argument. BTW knowing your Ai strength & Aggression settings would help diagnose the severity of the brake mark issue. I personally would not have squeezed the Ai so much when you floated left in the braking zone. You are asking for trouble when you think there is an issue already. I wouldn't even squeeze an alien like that. @D.Jankovic picture above best explains your move.

Late in the AC development there was a change made to the Ai on how they handle passing in corners to solve log jamming and indecisiveness. It solved a lot of issues & the community screamed for it and were very happy with the results. If the devs undo that work based on one of the OP issues I am afraid the Ai will go back to it's old habits of grinding to a halt which caused even more dramas. Simply put T1 Monza will become a car park log jam again. You are correct regarding the cool down off the racing line on a straight issue, which completely confuses the Ai. The devs are aware of it and it has been carried over from AC and been brought up many times. I see this as a bigger problem today to solve than the one the OP has sighted. Fix the Ai braking mark, yes, however dont make them grind to halt whenever there is an issue ahead.

Fully agree. Everyone complained how boring the Ai were in the early days of AC.

To reiterate my position. I do not not see a lot of backing out here in real life racing:-

Last edited: Mar 13, 2019
  9. menos | M6

menos | M6 Hardcore Simmer

The video of the OP was probably not a very well chosen example for the AI to be overly aggressive. The overtake maneuver of the black Lamborghini was VERY optimistic and the aggressive push into the braking zone of the Nissan even forcing light contact initially was very hard - in a tight fight probably not considered an outright offense but it sure was a gloves off hamfisted approach to making a position. The follow up reaction of the AI not being really concerned about avoiding contact at all cost and not spinning the black Lambo out could be considered a convenient act of negligent driving a human could perhaps had done in that situation (not sportsman like either but more of a you reap what you sow kind of deal).

The track rejoin of the black Lambo after the spin was completely unsafe even with contact of completely uninvolved upcoming traffic - not cool in any situation.

But yes, in certain more clear cut situations the AI can get veeery pushy and actually will push you off the track if you generally approach certain braking zones generally slower then they would do on their AI approach. I had this happen a couple of things mes when a faster AI would catch up on me and then after failing to overtake me clean simply proceeds to bump or nudge me in the braking zone just before turn in so they can overtake while I struggle to recover from the bump and stay on the track.

THAT behavior is very frustrating and surely would at least get the attention of the race director in a Blancpain race (Mr. Watson would also not shut up for the remainder of the race about the incident).

10. Skybird

Skybird Alien

1st: close call, cannot be decided without knpwing whether you would have made it in time for the turn or not, to me it looks as if you woudl have overshot anyway. The AI was expected by this to go straight instead of turning, forcing it into the green or to overshoot as well. Hard to decided without further data.

2 and 3: yes, these look like sim-problems to me, I do not see the breaking to be so abruptly that no reaction was possible. AI's faults.

However, technically it may be the AI's fault, but it is minor contacts which can be seen in real racing a lot and which i even expect to see in a sim if it has good AI. In RR I am used to trade paint with other cars by trading kisses lightly like this. Better this than an AI without fangs and claws. And occasionally I touch my frontman's rearend like that, too. Its called "racing".

11. OrganDonor

OrganDonor Racer

100%/100%

I know I would have - that's my usual braking point. I already have my brake lights on at 160m. I was just about to turn in too when I got tapped.