1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Cpu and gpu performance

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Fernando Sanchez Delgado, Sep 19, 2018.

1. Hi guys, I'm running ACC on a computer with i7 6700k@4.6ghz, 1080ti, 16gb ddr4 3200. My monitor is 1080p.

I have observed that in the hotlap mode, the percentage of CPU is 40% and CPU 99%

Still in career mode with 20 opponents, the CPU load increases up to 50-60%, but the GPU does not exceed 70-80%. the cores do not exceed 60% either...

Do you think my CPU is creating a bottleneck?
    Thank you

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Hardware Discussions Can’t get the FPS up with Triples, CPU/GPU not being used to maximum Mar 20, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality What is the best cpu/gpu combo to run ACC at max settings Sep 2, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions 49" ultrawide --> upgrade GPU, CPU, or both? Aug 8, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality *SOLVED* Not maxing out CPU/GPU (5600x/3080) Feb 22, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Cpu and GPU not fully used but framerate decrease Dec 10, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions Should I first upgrade my CPU or GPU? Nov 20, 2020
    Graphics and Models/Tracks Bugs & Issues low fps even on high performance GPU/CPU Nov 6, 2020
    ACC Hardware Discussions RTX 3080 GPU + Ryzen 5000 CPU = Minimum 80-90FPS on HP Reverb G2 Oct 1, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Suggested CPU & GPU Jun 30, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality CPU and GPU render time around 7ms but fps still below 90. Oct 19, 2019
    ACC Hardware Discussions Just upgraded cpu and gpu questions Sep 5, 2019
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars What CPU/GPU combo needed for 1080p 144hz FREESYNC ultra settings? Mar 12, 2019
    ACC Hardware Discussions ACC - 0.5.2 - Performance Review by GameGPU (29 GPUS & 27 CPUS) Jan 22, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds weirdly low cpu and gpu usage Jan 7, 2019
    ACC Virtual Reality Stuttering with good CPU/GPU headroom Nov 22, 2018

3. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

Not if the maximum load on any individual core is only 60%. Make sure that you're not looking at average CPU load (which is often much less than an individual core).

4. Kopiller

Kopiller Simracer

I think what is happening is that in hotlap the GPU load is high because the CPU time is lower and GPU can run at full throttle but in race the CPU is acting as a "bottleneck" but don't worry about this if your frame rate is not suffering, I can run 15 cars with my i5 750 at 90% CPU without much fps loss so in the Sim current state maybe you can run around 50 cars?

5. [QUOTE = "vortex19, post: 993750, member: 158861"] No si la carga máxima en un núcleo individual es solo del 60%. Asegúrese de no estar viendo la carga de CPU promedio (que a menudo es mucho menor que un núcleo individual). [/ QUOTE]
    ninguno de los núcleos supera individualmente el 60-70% de carga, es por eso que me resulta extraño. Se supone que si estuvieran al 100%, estarían haciendo un cuello de botella ¿no?

6. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

I'm also wondering if I have a bottleneck or if it's just the early state of the game

My CPU occupation in races (the race event) is comparably high with around 50-60% and my GPU actually is also around these values. Unfortunatly I only have around 40 FPS although my hardware isn't totally occupied. :(
    I also noticed that when I watch a replay and hit the pause button my GPU occupation rises to about 80% and as soon as I press the play button it decreases to 50-60% again. Then in the menu however, the GPU occupation explodes to 100% and stays there....which I find strange since it's only the menu right? :/

CPU: i7-920 (2,67 GHz)
    GPU: GTX 770
    Resolution: 1080p

Attached Files:

7. alepaludo

alepaludo Gamer

If you have an Nvidia GPU it might be worth checking for this particular bug described in this link here. It has been already reported.
    The workaround is to disable the service on Windows.
    It is unrelated to ACC but as it steals time from all cores up to 30% it may mean the difference between being able to run full grid or not for some.
    The reason we don't usually notice this is because the Nvidia driver is way more efficient than the AMD according to hardware review sites tests. So even with the bug if you have an Nividia gpu you may never notice it.

8. [EDIT] I forgot this is ACC forum and the following may not apply to the new engine... this was my experience with AC, sorry.[/EDIT]

I had exactly the same CPU and also experienced those problems. If you check with HWMonitor you will probably see 2~3 cores loaded and the other 6 (if you have hyperthreading enabled in the BIOS, doing almost nothing).
    Try disabling Hyperthreading (4 cores is more than enough and you can avoid some troubles from sharing cache).

Also that CPU is really nice (I really liked it, had it for 8 years!) but it's a bit old and slow: it has a low CPU frequency (2.8GHz with turboboost on) and doesnt't support the latest X64 extensions).

Overclocking helps a bit, if you have a nice cooler you can find several tutorials online for it, also try boosting your QPI link speed and RAM clocks (if your RAM allows it).

I had a GTX970 and noticed a big difference when I switched the CPU...

Last edited: Sep 22, 2018
  9. gornar

gornar Gamer

there's a tool in game for FPS?

10. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

While in game
    Shift +Tab to open steam menu.
    Then Settings > In Game and than you will find options to enable the Fps counter.
    [​IMG]

trucidatio likes this.
  11. gornar

gornar Gamer

Ah ok thx!

12. Blackrat

Blackrat Rookie

That CPU is nearly ten years old and running stock speed, I ran one until recently overclocked to 4ghz which makes a big difference as well as the switching HT off in the BIOS trick as above.

https://www.overclock.net/forum/5-intel-cpus/538439-guide-overclocking-core-i7-920-930-4-0ghz.html

13. JnJ | Rayleigh

JnJ | Rayleigh Simracer

Will try that, thx for the advice :)

14. how do you see the cpu occupation on competizione?

15. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Alien

The game has a native FPS tool/ counter:
    C:\Users\User\Documents\Assetto Corsa Competizione\Config\hud.json

Change
    "fPSVisible": 0, to
    "fPSVisible": 1,

Schaefe and LeDude83 like this.
  16. Daniel Costa

Daniel Costa Racer

This is not actually true. CPU bound processes can be working at 100% of their capacity (software bottleneck) while that cpu thread is for example at 60%. Games are a prime example, specially AC. Rarely you see more than 70% usage on a single thread when running AC (in online or single car on track).

17. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

In the example you gave, you are limited by the particular process, not the CPU. If a process is running within a core which is itself at less than 100% load, you are not CPU bound as the CPU (or, in this case, the individual core) has the capacity to do more work.

LeDude83 likes this.
  18. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Thank you!