1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CPU, Wheel or Monitor

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Plastic_Manc, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Plastic_Manc

Plastic_Manc Hardcore Simmer

Hi all,

Currently in a position where I have a little budget to put into my hobby. However, I'm a little torn as to where I'll see the best returns.

My rig is in my sig but essentially I'm getting 85 fps at good settings on my current 2560x1080 monitor. So I either go for a new CPU which would also incur a new MB and RAM. A new monitor at a higher refresh rate/resolution/both or a new wheel which would get rid of the G29 (I recently bought Fanatec V3 pedals so all good there).

Would love some thoughts and feelings as most of my money goes elsewhere so this is a real personal treat!

Thanks,

Plastic

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds CPU Usage 99% without FFB Wheel Sep 5, 2020
    Bug reports 99%cpu and game is unplayable, old steering wheel genius speed wheel 5 pro Apr 20, 2020
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues No 99% cpu but wheel causing about a 25% slow motion. video inside Oct 20, 2015
    ACC Multiplayer CPU high in Server stats - my CPU or Server CPU? May 24, 2023
    Chit Chat Room Multi Cpu on Asseto Mar 2, 2023
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds CPU usage at 99% when playing Assetto Corsa Dec 30, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Flex Post sorry but it feels good. CPU upgrade. Dec 22, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Can I get more performance for ACC out of my CPU and RAM? Dec 11, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting ACC somehow CPU Spike background task dependant? Nov 22, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions CPU upgrade advice Nov 10, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions CPU boost drops. Please help, Devs? Experts? Sep 8, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals CSL DD - Warning: CPU Usage > 99% Mar 20, 2022
    ACC Hardware Discussions Can’t get the FPS up with Triples, CPU/GPU not being used to maximum Mar 20, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Graphic settings and CPU performance hit Feb 11, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game crash EU4-AC2 or PC freeze [unstable CPU auto OC] Feb 6, 2022

3. Pablo Raitan

Pablo Raitan Rookie

Fanatec 2.5 or thrustmaster TS-PC

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

4. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Definitely new wheel - the best Thrustmaster you can get.

5. Matt_ZRS

Matt_ZRS Racer

Yeah +1 on a better wheel.
    A screen upgrade wont make a great deal of difference really without the cpu upgrade and extras making the most of it.

6. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

Wheel. Monitor is nice to have. 85fps is okay. Rocksolid. So wheel will bring you most fun per dollar / euro / whatever ;)

LeDude83 likes this.
  7. Plastic_Manc

Thanks guys. I've been toying with the clubsport v 2.5 base and formula v2 wheel but given I'm at a desk (this cant change unless someone wants to buy me a bigger house!), when you add in the clamp, it does end up being quite pricey. Not to mention that the pound is crap against the euro too!

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020
  8. I had the same problem like you some time ago and for me the weakest point in your signature is your CPU.
    So I'd go for a new CPU, Mainboard, RAM because also your GPU will have a benefit from this upgrade. And maybe everything else you do at your PC.

My beloved I7-4790K was bottlenecking even my GTX 1070 when it comes to ACC.

So I'd build a good solid base first :)

9. Plastic_Manc

Finally took the plunge on this today and went for a x570 board, Ryzen 3900x and 16gb of 3600 ram. I think it was right to sort the fundamentals out first.

Will fit over the next couple of days as now at home for a week sadly due to world events.

sissydriver and After_Midnight like this.
  10. Good luck :) It is the right decision, I think.

sissydriver likes this.
  11. Ästhetiker

Ästhetiker Racer

i hanging me in this thread too, because i got a 7700k which is pretty much similar to 4790k. I'm wondering what i should upgrade first... im playing ACC only in VR, thats maybe changes decision.

12. Schaefe

Schaefe Rookie

I'm running a i7 7700k as well, wasn't aware that it could be to slow? Yours apparently even has more Ghz than mine... I also run VR and had to dial down the graphic settings in order to get smooth image in ACC
    Maybe after some updates it's going to run smoother anyways?

I'd say you should also consider if you have a lot of other games which would benefit from a new cpu. On the other hand: the older your hardware gets the more your going to want to replace it, so general rule, replace the oldest first.

13. Plastic_Manc

Got the 3900x installed and it's definitely a decent upgrade. For the price i've paid given I've had to upgrade MB etc, then it's not the giant leap I thought it may be, but I need to understand that this gives a good platform for me to upgrade further from. Wheel next definitely as I think I'd get shot if a 49" Samsung suddenly appeared in the house!

After_Midnight and Schaefe like this.