1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Crew Chief Beta

Discussion in 'ACC Tools' started by Thx1137, Jul 21, 2019.

1. Digger

Digger Gamer

I have not used CC but it looks like a great addition to ACC. I was noticing some issues on the forum about drivers getting DQed for driving past their time limit. So I was curious if there might be data available to have CC radio the driver that "You need to pit for a driver change" if you are getting close to exceeding your time limit?

I love ACC for so many reasons but a spotter adds so much realism that I intend to go out and get CC right away. It's nice that we get the "Pit opening" message in the game but a warning about driver changes would be great too. Regardless if you can do this in CC or not, thanks so much for your efforts with adding a more in depth spotter.

After_Midnight and EsxPaul like this.
  2. GroteBakkes

GroteBakkes Racer

Jim, after seeing this topic from last week on i decided to give your app a try.

Besides the incidental wrong status message im so happy with the Crew Chief, especially during longer races. Its like a little chip on your shoulder watching along as u go.
    Thank u for bringing this to ACC and i wil donate as well.
    These things are indespensible for a pro Race sim and im glad to have it here, keep up the good job!

3. Claponi

Claponi Racer

I've got some issues since the lasts ACC updates (up to 1.0.10) : sometimes there is no spotter during race, or there is no one calling for the green flag at the start...
    Anyone with the sames problems ?

4. Jim Britton

Jim Britton Hardcore Simmer

Hmm... not noticed anything here, but I've been using my own work-in-progress branch that uses a bit more of the ACC data (more penalty data and driver stint warnings). Maybe there's something else changed that I've not noticed?

If anyone wants to try my WIP stuff, there's a beta here:

http://crewchief.isnais.de/CrewChiefV4-4.9.9.6_beta.msi

I've not been able to test much because if the usual VR issues - this beta adds more penalty logic and driver stint time warnings. Feedback would be much appreciated :)

5. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Racer

I am honestly surprised that there are still do many Sim racers discovering this for the first time. I have been using it for race room, rf2, PC, pc2, automobilista for years now. Can't race without it, love the sweary messages too.

6. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

I'm still not getting any chat during practise sessions. Is this normal?

7. Claponi

Claponi Racer

8. Jim Britton

Yeah, it's not wired up for free practice sessions. There's some quirk of the data that the app interprets as 'session ended' so it never makes any calls. I'll have a closer look, it's probably fixable

9. Turk

Turk Alien

Is the link in the OP the most up to date one? I'm going trying this over the weekend.

10. Jim Britton

No, the most recent version is the one I posted yesterday

Turk likes this.
  11. Turk

Turk Alien

Cheers.

12. natloz76

natloz76 Racer

I never go to the track without Crewchief.
    Amazing app, I've been using it since its AC implementation.
    It gives false information occasionally, regarding my position but otherwise it is fantastic.

F1Aussie, After_Midnight and XettMan like this.
  13. Claponi

Claponi Racer

I tried the beta version on a MP server.
    Except position when crossing the line (sometimes saying I was first other giving my actual position) everything went fine.

14. Rolz

Rolz Alien

have we got call outs for penalties and invalid laps working yet? really only thing missing for me on this amazing app :)

15. Claponi

Claponi Racer

In my last try, "invalid lap" during qualy was working, but not "warnings for track limit". Don't know about penalties.

16. bullet800

bullet800 Gamer

Thanks for great app! But, can i make russian voice? Nope?

17. Jim Britton

You can make a Russian voice if you want, but have a look in the C:\Users\{USERNAME}\AppData\Local\CrewChiefV4\sounds\voice\ folder first to see how many sounds there are - it's a lot of work

After_Midnight likes this.
  18. Like always first things first: Your work is incredible. I'm amazed how many different driver names CC is knowing and how much immersion just a voice is able to add.

Just a small feedback to your latest version (MP only):
    Everything seems to work fine. Messages for pit exit, distances to drivers, names, current position, time left, fuel left, spotter etc.
    Just the penalties (can only speak for track limits during qualy) seems to work 50:50. I cutted the track on purpose to test it and got 4 messages from the Kunos "sleepyhead" and jut 2 of CC.

All in all every new version is a step in the right direction to replace the ingame pit engineer completely function wise. Immersion wise your CC is without any comparison.

Thank You :)

19. Jim Britton

After_Midnight and anthonylroy like this.
  20. Turk

Turk Alien

It's pretty amazing how much crew chief adds to immersion. The only thing out of place I noticed was he kept telling me to go into the pits. I was doing the career at zolder, 40 minutes. Within the first two laps he says the pits are open and he keeps mentioning opening pits and going to the box throughout the race.

Even so, it's brilliant. I've turned off the HUD and just listen to crew chief now.

After_Midnight likes this.