1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

CSW 2.5: Which parameter reduces the steering stiffness?

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by Taylan Benker, Mar 25, 2021.

1. I posted a similar post in Fanatec forums but it seems i will not get a response there :=(

As i am using Fanatec for the first time, I do not know which parameters exactly change what. I could not find a recent fanalab user manual. I am trying to find my way out with a manual in Fanatec sites. The one i find on a doc sharing site which seems like for the very first version.

So i hope some of you here can help.

Here is my question:

When i use the recommended setting for CSW 2.5 and choose the wheel setting within ACC, the gain and damper settings in ACC set to 100. Although the general FFB feels great, the steering resistance is to high for both MCL v2 and Porsche 911 podium, I found 60-70 gain more comfortable to steer but the overall FFB feel reduces a lot.

According to the older version of Fanalab manual, the DRI; Drift mode should be reducing the steering stiffness but none of the values (-5 to +5) made any change to the steering stiffness.

From the manual...

"The drift mode reduces overall resistance of the wheel and lets you turn the wheel more easily. It almost works like power steering. It reduces the basic dampening of the wheel in the range of -05 to -01 and makes the wheel turn faster in the range of 001 to 005."....

So;

I want to reduce the steering stiffness while keeping other FFBs as high as possible without clipping. Which parameter is the correct one?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals CSW 2.5 bindings don't work Jun 30, 2022
    ACC User Interface CSW v2.5 D-pad issue in menus [game window not in 16:9 aspect ratio] Nov 27, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals FFFB not working after switching CSW 2.5 to DD1for AC or ACC Jun 30, 2021
    ACC Hardware Discussions Desk mounted wheel - CSW 2.5 or DD? Mar 10, 2021
    ACC Controls & Peripherals CSW 2.5 FFB not working with VR [RESOLVED: SteamVR autostart interfering] Jan 20, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting CPU >99% only with csw v2.5 ... Dec 8, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Purchased CSW Bundle Aug 4, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals [CSW 2.5] Wheel buzzing in straight lines [fanatec driver issue] Jul 28, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec CSW 2.5 Oscillating on straights and "Notchy" at centre of steering Jun 24, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions very weak FFB with Fanatec CSW 2.5 Jun 24, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals FFB Settings Fanatec CSW V2.5 Apr 14, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals CSW 2.5 not recognized on track - please remove eveything works Mar 31, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Did 1.39 change ForceFeedback on CSW 2.5?! Mar 31, 2020
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Fanatec CSW 2.5 McLaren Wheel - 12 way multiposition switch (for traction control) not working Oct 25, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals CSW 2.5 + McLaren rim settings? Jul 28, 2019

3. bbman

bbman Racer

According to Aris, "dynamic damping" tries to mimic gyroscopic forces from the wheels. So the faster you go, the stiffer the steering gets.

Alternatively, you could play with the caster setting. Different cars have different ranges of caster, and changing that obviously has an effect on the car's handling.

4. Reducing gain and dynamic dampening indeed reduces the stiffness but at the expense of all other FFB. It gets very stiff as soon as i leave the pit lane. I increased the min threshold to 200 kmp to test it and it is stiff even at 100kmps. I do not think, It is directly related to speed sensitive settings or ACC settings. I suspected center spring parameter and disabled it too (it was the main problem in G920) but it did not smoothen the wheel. As far as i understand, i should be able dial down something in fanalab but i have no clue what it is yet.

5. FLO 1337

FLO 1337 Rookie

Not sure if this will help but here are my settings: Currently using a P1 wheel

SEN: Aux
    FF: 100
    SHO: 100
    ABS: 96
    DRL: -3
    FOR: 90
    SPR: 80
    DPR: 80
    BRF: 58
    FEI: 70

In game:

Gain:70%
    Min Force:0
    Dynamic Damping:100%
    Road effects: 12%

Taylan Benker likes this.
  6. LATE4APEX

LATE4APEX Alien

I would think you have to treat Gain and Dynamic Dampening as to different effects.

As have been suggested to you, reduce the Dynamic Dampening, which only adds weight to the wheel, but at the expense of DAMPENING/MASKING track induced effects, but leave gain high enough to have FFB.

Taylan Benker likes this.
  7. I dialed exactly same numbers but i had to reduce damping as low as 40%. Still feeling very heavy but drivable. When it was set 100 % it was stiff as hell. I can keep up with my usual times, but after a 20 min race my wrists ache as if i practiced for hours. Either you are one of those "strongest man" competitors or somethings going very wrong with the drivers in my pc. I do not know if g920 lefts something somewhere messing things up. I removed LGHUB, Controls.json, Luts an post filter FFB files from ACC folder before loading Fanatec.

When i check the properties of fanatec In devices and printers menu the box show two CSW 2.5. both are same. Is this normal?

Tomorrow morning, I will try to uninstall all fanatec related stuff, scan registry once more for LGHUB and reinstall.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  8. FLO 1337

FLO 1337 Rookie

LOL yeah a bit stiff try changing the FOR to 60 or 70; 50 is to low lose to much, and I only see one device under the devices and printers but when you click game controller settings you will see two.

9. I think i solved it I have been using computers more than 35 years now and i still can not get along with windows 10. I removed anything anything related to Fanatec and Logitech (including, gamepads, mouse and keyboards) from the HDD and windows registry. Made additional registry scan for redundant associations (about 281 of them, What is the purpose of program manager if it can not remove these). Then I installed the Fanatec driver and Fanalab back. I had to reduce Damping as low as 30% to be able to hardly drive before. Now with Fanatec recommended settings; i increased it back to 70% (Gain 70% as well). It still feels like there is room for increasing gain.

Thanks for your time. It is once again windows 10 and my silliness of still not uninstalling it and reverting back to 8.

FLO 1337 likes this.
  10. DCN

DCN Rookie

I follow his settings

FF - 100 SHo - 100 ABS - 100 Drl - OFF For - 120 SPr - 030 dPr - 020 Brf - 045 FEI - 080
    in game
    gain 65
    dynamic damping 50