1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Current state of pit stops in SP: can someone please clarify?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Strummer, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Strummer

Strummer Simracer

I may have missed this in the update logs but are pitstops now implemented in SP for the AI? If so, is it possible to enforce pit stops or do we still have to fiddle with workarounds like doubling everyone's fuel consumption rate? I am asking because there are folks on the Steam AC forums who are claiming that pit stops now work in SP but I think most of us would agree that this is not a valid claim unless we can enforce them for an entire face field without cheating the fuel consumption. Thanks.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Current state of AC and the future Sep 7, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Some interesting stats on current VR state Sep 7, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Confusion with the current state of ac Aug 11, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Q about current state of damage Mar 28, 2014
    ACC Multiplayer [1.0.2]Current weather status Jun 11, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Multiplayer Current Issues Jan 28, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Is button mapping currently available ? Dec 15, 2018
    ACC Gameplay Driver Names and Current placement Dec 1, 2018
    ACC User Interface Change "Current" in the name of the setup used Sep 16, 2018
    ACC User Interface no warning when overwriting current setup with one of the defaults Sep 13, 2018
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Request/Suggestion: ERS Energy Limit (instead of current time limit) Nov 20, 2017
    General modding discussion Please add option to delete current Track Camera Sep 3, 2017
    Suggestions Show current CAR_ID with TAB (or other hotkey) Aug 31, 2017
    Suggestions Challenges - More laps on higher difficulty tiers for current 5L races Jun 21, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Assetto Corsa SpeedFreaks Public server (MR Open to all currently) Jun 14, 2017

3. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Well, pit stops offline and for the AI are a thing, yes. But you cannot make pit stop rules like pit stop time windows, mandatory pitstops, tyre allocations or restrictions to refueling, etc. And without a qualifying run for example the AI appears to have difficulties deciding over its fuel amount (natural as it needs minimum two laps to get average fuel consumption/lap and a definite lap count to decide over that) and then difficulties to actually pit and not get stranded somewhere and DNF, with qualifying that doesn't seem to be an issue (though I have to confirm with doing some more long races and it might vary from car to car). I'm also not sure what the AI does about tyre wear and if it pits for tyres, there doesn't seem to be a way to see the state of tyres of AI cars. More time-consuming testing required to get a clear picture but in general I'd say it's still quite WIP.

xedrox and tommi karsikas like this.