1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

PS4 Customise buttons option

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jez78, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Jez78

Jez78 Rookie

Hello it is unacceptable that there is no option to customise the buttons on the PS4 pad.. I'm guessing the developers have never played a Gran Turismo game, or any racing game..

I find this game unplayable on the PS4 due to gear up and down being X and square. The other options are for gears and accelerate/brake all on the shoulder buttons, which is rubbish. Gran Turismo has always been X and square accelerate and brake, and gears up and down R1 and L1. R1 and L1 make sense, as paddle shift gears on actual cars are in a similar place, since when do you change frigging gears with your right thumb!! FFS please put a customise buttons option or give me my fifty quid back grr

Montoya86, kako and Lugo like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room Preserving File Structure Of Customised .ini Files Aug 5, 2016
    Liveries Bmw z4: interior replacement for original skins (customised versions of my leather interiors) Nov 29, 2014
    ACC User Interface Mapping buttons on the PC keyboard (key number "2") Dec 28, 2022
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds The game thinks my PXN V9's pedals are buttons not an axis, is there a fix? Nov 21, 2022
    Controllers and Peripherals Bugs & Issues Fanatec wheel buttons sending mouse clicks to game Oct 18, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions wheel buttons locked to look left and right, and no option to save car setups. Sep 30, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC 1.8: Manual gears using square and x buttons? Sep 29, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals G920 buttons always on Sep 9, 2022
    Bug reports Brake Bias buttons for McLaren 570S GT4 Jul 27, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions MPS rotary buttons on Fanatec Wheel Jul 8, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Multifunction buttons, or lack of Mar 11, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions XSX - Logitech g923 buttons not working Feb 22, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Has anyone been able to use the extra buttons on fanatec gt3 v2 rim or similar? Jan 4, 2022
    ACC User Interface double highlight on singleplayer/gamemode menu when navigating w/ buttons Jul 2, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Can't use analog stick to map buttons May 9, 2021

3. Greg7272

Greg7272 Gamer

Warning. The devs of this game are known not to take criticism very well however suggestions are no probs. They're cool but dont push it.

Comments like "I'm guessing the developers have never played a Gran Turismo game, or any racing game.." wont go down to well at all.......The sun will run out of hydrogen before they reply to comments like that.

Yes there is some basic stuff missing but that will come quickly with an early update. I personally believe the game was rushed out a bit because of the impending release of new GT game. They couldnt release close to that because GT already has a huge fan base and so people would opt for that instead which would ruin the release. Get it out early, locate issues, release an early fix is their strategy i think. Also, it IS their first ever attempt at ps4. Its not really that bad. Tweak a fews sounds, improve the graphics, alter menu system by adding more options for controller and wheel settings and few other little bits.........

"since when do you change frigging gears with your right thumb?"

Well, what kind of logic is that when your asking for "X and ◾" to be acc/brake. Since when do you use your thumb to accelerate in a car and push a square button to brake? You dont do you?

"R1 and L1 make sense, as paddle shift gears on actual cars are in a similar place"
    What? Perched atop a games controller?
    Paddle shift levers are behind the wheel on either side and either rotate with the wheel OR are fixed to the column. Its is simply impossible for a ps4 controller to IN ANY WAY recreate what you'd get in a real car. I think your best option would be buy a rig (wheel/pedals/stand). Theyre much better than controller and i know you like your "realism".

4. Chaney

Chaney Rookie

Spose to be a sim racer but where are the deadzone adjustments? Ive played better demos than this sh$t

5. Greg7272

Greg7272 Gamer

Buy pCars. Like 2 million adjustments. You'd love it. You could just sit there, wallowing in adjusments like a pig in s***

An update will come soon with this but what people seem to be failing to clock onto is that this is "in reality" a beta release. Its an early version with lots of small holes in it. Will be sorted soon.

6. Jez78

Jez78 Rookie

"Comments like: "I'm guessing the developers have never played a Gran Turismo game, or any racing game.." wont go down to well at all"

I'm sure they'll live..

"Get it out early, locate issues, release an early fix is their strategy i think. Also, it IS their first ever attempt at ps4. Its not really that bad."

Lol.

"Since when do you use your thumb to accelerate in a car and push a square button to brake? You dont do you?"

Have you personally ever played a console racing game? Standard buttons for said controls..

"R1 and L1 make sense, as paddle shift gears on actual cars are in a similar place"
    What? Perched atop a games controller?"

If you drive a real car with paddle shift gears, you are using the same fingers to change gears in real life on paddles on the steering wheel, that you use on the shoulder buttons on a PS4 controller, snes controller, n64 controller, etc., hence why the natural buttons on a console controller to use for shifting gears is the shoulder buttons.

And no, it is not acceptable for a game to be rushed out with overlooked bugs/mistakes, to beat GT coming out, on the premise that "oh we'll just release an update to fix it". That is what games testers are for. You don't pay fifty quid for buggy crud.

7. Chaney

Chaney Rookie

Already got pcars......and iracing......and rfactor......plus forza chief.

8. Chaney

Chaney Rookie

Theyve had 6 years to get there sh$t together. This is simply not good enough. Lucky i traded in 2 games instead of paying $90. What a joke

Astral_Magi and Jez78 like this.
  9. Silato

Silato Rookie

Would like an option to change the button mapping if possible.

10. kako

kako Rookie

Maybe the devs should take criticism from the people that keep them employed more seriously.. because i won't be buying another piece of crap from these people ever again if this is the sort of broken game they release!

How can they not add button mapping to a Next Gen racing simulator? i want my money back if i can't change the buttons

11. Jony_850

Jony_850 Rookie

12. Still no mapping please devs add this in please. It would make the game a lot better for a lot of people.

Astral_Magi and Montoya86 like this.
  13. Montoya86

Montoya86 Rookie

Bought game yesterday and I'm very disappointed with this!

I'm always using square (gear down) and triangle (gear up).

Poslano sa mog SM-J320F koristeći Tapatalk