1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dailysportscar - Understanding Balance Of Performance

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Epistolarius, Aug 10, 2016.

1. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Physics AMG Evo setup understanding questions Nov 9, 2021
    ACC Physics Understanding the setup export Sep 5, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Understanding Penalties Aug 16, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Understanding Video Settings (Pixel Density and Resolution Scale) Mar 29, 2021
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Help Understanding Suspension Behavior Mar 1, 2021
    ACC Physics Help understanding a couple of things in the dampers histogram Jan 26, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Need Help Understanding Weather in ACC Server Configuration Aug 31, 2020
    ACC Virtual Reality VR Basic understanding YOU should KNOW! Jun 6, 2019
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Understanding rating and such with drivers skill and or unskill Dec 19, 2018
    ACC General Discussions Not understanding Car control Sep 21, 2018
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Understanding ACSERVER entry_list.cfg Jan 30, 2018
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Understanding the SusEditor and suspension geometry help please? Jan 2, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Understanding Wheel Settings Nov 4, 2017
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Front Motors effectiveness - Bug or misunderstanding? Jun 19, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Help understanding AC car tuning values please? Sep 25, 2016

3. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

Good reading, thanks. Must read for all those people complaining about GT3 field in AC being out of balance and asking to make all cars within 0.5s of each other no matter the track and the driver.

Epistolarius and Mogster like this.
  4. Louizf

Louizf Racer

Nice read indeed! I already knew about the process but was very interesting to read what the drivers think of it.

Although, I remember at the beginning, the cars on AC were very different on speed and specially if you were driving against the AI, you would see blocks of the same car spread through the field, not very cool. Nowadays is perfect IMO.

Epistolarius likes this.
  5. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Really good article. Now I sort of understand why is it that only new cars win at Blancpain. It's a bit disappointing, but at least now I more-or-less know the reason for it.

6. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Very interesting - does anybody know where the ballast is placed in AC when it is added, will it affect the balance of FR / MR cars in a similar way as this article suggests?

7. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

There's no specific setting, I think, so I presume at the centre of mass of the car.

8. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

That would be a bit disappointing. There's a "special place" for ballast on GT cars, I believe it's where the passenger's seat would be, it wouldn't be so difficult to simulate that.
    On the other hand, that would probably also involve simulating the driver's weight, which I don't know if they do.

9. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

AC uses kerb weight + 75kg driver if I'm not mistaken.

Don't see a better way of dealing with ballast when the system can't know the car it applies ballast to. Maybe you can determine specific coordinates like you do for the fuel tank when making a car for the game, I don't really know, though I haven't heard of that before.

10. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Great article, very few of those out where we hear pros opinions in detail.
    It makes me kinda laugh of how ignorant people on some forums comment on f.i. the current F1 season. Of cause I follow K-Mag, and he's constantly being bashed by fellow countrymen of how slow a driver he is. Obviously they only accept him as "good" when he wins points. If they knew just how much having a bit more power or better chassis and downforce matters, things could change dramatically, for most of the drivers. Sadly there's no BoP in F1, but at the same time too many weird restrictions.
    For sure, Renault will suffer at Spa on those uphill straights, as mentioned in the article.
    Thanks for posting, gives more respect to Kunos on their BoP-work :)

11. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

[​IMG]
    AFAIK that's where the ballast goes. Wouldn't be difficult to simulate it correctly.