1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Damage model

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Darkkis, Oct 15, 2014.

1. ouvert

ouvert Alien

and you can set it to be shown only for 1 second (which is long enough) ..

2. plaid

plaid Alien

@cooknn @Patrik Marek
    Does one of you know how to make the pitgraphic dissapear that shows up if you drive in the box during a race?

3. matjas92

matjas92 Simracer

Although I like the implementation of damage, it makes public racing even worse.
    Literally every race start ended with some sort of bodywork/suspension damage for me.

This had me thinking, on what is the damage based in multiplayer ? Is this done per server, so that everyone has the equal damage setting, or does it take your personal damage settings ?
    If it's the second this would mean that I for example get damaged on impact, while someone else doesn't because he has damage turned off ?

It would seem logical that it's set up per server, but somehow it seems that I am always heavily damaged while the others can just drive on.

ears1991 likes this.
  4. VeRDe

VeRDe Racer

This is AC forum and you were replying on a comment about AC damage model. Other games discussion is off-topic.

5. ouvert

ouvert Alien

i don`t think discussing other games in relation to AC is off topic .. we all probably have experiences with other sims and it is absolutly legit to compare and have expectations based on other games ..

It is definitely less off topic than this post or your post :p

6. Myself9

Myself9 Gamer

The other night, I blew the engine in my e30 less than 200m from the finish line at Trento-Bondone.
    Aside from the loss of 13 minutes of driving, that seriously made me happy. Big time.

But, my car shouldn't have made it that far in the first place because I smashed into quite a few guardrails on the way up. Some at a pretty fast pace.
    I should have lost wheels/body panels/etc, and I think that the damage model should reflect that. We're shooting for "sim" here, right?

I'm inclined to believe that Kunos is still in the early stages of developing the damage model, and we'll see some improvements.

Mogster and [RRRV] JuggernAlz like this.
  7. pigsy

pigsy Racer

See video at 5m 45s for this. He calls it an urban myth that other companies use so they don't have to do a damage model. They can't do things like show blood or decapitated bodies.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
    ChokDK likes this.
  8. Darkkis

Darkkis Racer

No.. But he dodged the argument by referring to other games which was completely irrelevant to my post for example. And previous post was the video interview with Stefano which busted the myth anyway about AC.

bondyboy likes this.
  9. pigsy

pigsy Racer

c:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\damage_displayer.ini
    [MAIN]
    TIME=4
    MAX_DAMAGE_KMH=60
    POSITION_X=20
    DISTANCE_FROM_CENTER_Y=-200

If you alter 60 to a higher figure that may stop the indicator from showing on screen. Don't know haven't tried it yet.

10. alex72

alex72 Alien

Aero damage counts for nothing is not true. Unless something went nuts in the latest build. Through out beta testing when my wing went broken i couldnt take corners as fast as when it was tip top. I will check now as i havent had much time last days, but it is in fact coded in and is supposed to have a negative effect on steering when wings are damaged. Some tests and bug reporting should do the trick if its not working.

11. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

When damage was mistakingly released some months ago, after a front impact the bonnet would move about and come slightly loose. I trashed a z4 last night, but the body panels all stayed in situ...?

12. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

Good question, judging by this:

Edit: damage multiplier at the bottom, so it should be forced by the look of it

13. VeRDe

VeRDe Racer

So you believe that because other games signed restrictions on damage model, that has anything to do with AC damage model (we discuss here) which didn't sign any restriction?

14. ouvert

ouvert Alien

and what if you change time to 0 ? right now I have it set to
    not what I wrote, but since you`re asking .. :) ..
    i think, fact that Kunos did or didn`t sign agreement about level of visual destruction of cars has nothing to do with current state of a damage model .. and I think Kunos just didn`t have time to finish it and what we have now is just a scatch of where they are going ... and cause there is no repairing implemented cars are pretty durable ... no point of having proper damage if there is nothing you can do about it .. but I could be and I probably am absolutely wrong.

For me visual damage is not that important (I`m fine with visual damage let say in GTR Evo .. you can lose aero, some body parts, wheel .. simple, easy to implement and does the job letting you know what happend) More important for me is to now that if I did damage my radiator, my engine will overheat and I need to pit or keep revs lower till I can pit or finnish, if I damage my aero, I will have less downforce and I need to be carfull and decide if I`m willing to spend time in pits or I can finnish race, and so on with other types of damage ..

Second part of it is letting me know what kind and how serious damage I have (wheter it is voice of a guy from pits or less expensive option due MOTEC display or some HUD info panel

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
  15. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I'm happy with the visual damage as is, just more for heavy impacts. You seem to get quite heavy panel damage from a bit of door handling then nothing more happens if I hit an Armco rail at 100mph.

As you say, they just need to move the damage occurrence upwards and then make the engine fail after heavy impacts.

16. Darkkis

Darkkis Racer

There should be more consequences if you totally wreck your front, back and sides.. Currently it's maybe just a slight decrease in downforce.

17. alex72

alex72 Alien

It is supposed to be more than slight. Was during testing. I couldnt steer the car at all at high speeds where prior to the damage i could take the same corner with max speed.

Just report things that are out of place and im sure Kunos look into it.

18. I will try to reproduce this 'no damage' bug....what car/track combo is this happening in and in what game mode? (please don't say MP)

19. Bailey

Bailey Alien

I have heard that Ctrl+Q works also.
    ~Bailey
    EDIT: Yep, it works.

cooknn likes this.
  20. Bailey

Bailey Alien

I believe that different cars have different damage models.
    ~Baiely