1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Damage model??

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by D.Jankovic, Feb 22, 2018.

1. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

So question nobody asked so far...i think attleast after browsing the forum section.

Will this game have any damage models? maybe front bumpers damage and tape all over them :D
    Or it will stay same like in Assetto Corsa? no visual damage but engine wheels etc. can be damaged?

cr4wl3r0 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    XBox One Discussions New damage model? Sep 13, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Damage model? Apr 26, 2020
    ACC General Discussions Damage Modelling Jul 5, 2019
    ACC General Discussions is there a planned damage model? Mar 5, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Why there aren't damage model how old sims? Oct 11, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Damage model Sep 8, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Damage model May 28, 2015
    Physics Bugs & Issues Nissan nismo gt3 damage model Mar 12, 2015
    General modding discussion Damage model discussion Oct 16, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Damage model Oct 15, 2014
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Damage model ver 1.0 not working in practice? Oct 15, 2014
    General modding discussion Realistic damage modeling Apr 3, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Damage Modelling Nov 10, 2013
    ACC Gameplay skip race in career mode after damaged car? Aug 1, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Disable damage in multiplayer Jul 22, 2020

3. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I would hope damage modeling can be greatly upgraded not only visually with bits breaking off but also physically as its a little crude in AC atm. Key thing I would like improved is to have the actual location of contact get the damage, currently you can have slight wheel to wheel contact and get front wing damage in MP. Visual improvements would be nice but the physical damage and its effects I think are even more important.

4. Pulley

Pulley Simracer

Damage is a key area to car racing yet it's never been properly attacked by most Devs, by that I mean the various Mechanical damage effects is well done in part in some Sims but it's still only just scratching the surface. I'd like to see much more mechanical damage, random failures of parts, mechanical damage inflicted over time after an earlier shunt or brush with the wall etc etc the list goes on and on....

As for visual then anything like BeamNG (sp?) with soft body damage would be great but I'll not be upset if this doesn't make it in, Wreckfest has proved that this area of damage can work with a lot of cars on track albeit with a simpler physics model in the background. But like above it's an area for a proper race sim dev to really tackle and bring to a sim, damage of all sorts is a part of car racing and is fundamental in a race weekend for me.

chksix likes this.
  5. Turk

Turk Alien

Oh yeah, damage. :D

Damage would be much more important in a GT endurance race, they can often be carrying damage for a lot of a race. I also didn't think of the tape, if they could implement taped up bodywork after pitstops that would be awesome but probably a bit too much to ask for.

Kopiller and chksix like this.
  6. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

Agree!
    Damage model needs to be addressed, it's way to soft core.
    iRacing is great example how damage model and repairs should be done. You crash = you are fuc*ed

Ernie, Xenix, Dionos and 3 others like this.
  7. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

With far less cars, better visual damage with parts falling off (and no glass windshields in racing cars anymore) would be what I expect. Definitely improved mechanical. But I don't think it needs to be quite BeamNG or Wreckfest level visual damage, that is an overkill. Those games focus on damaging cars, this focuses on racing them and avoiding contact.

Orne and pippo10 like this.
  8. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

Agree, just needs to be spectacular to the point you don't want to crash.

9. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I was thinking today would love to see proper tires puncture should be the thing.... maybe couple of versions of it...flat tire normally or destroyed tire and you have to limp to pits and change it :)

chksix, Pulley, Kristaps and 2 others like this.
  10. magzire

magzire Alien

I want to see decapitated heads and flying marshals

11. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Something like if you have a hard lock up at speed on an already worn tire then you can puncture/tear it. But lets wait till at least early access before writing requests and wish lists the size of novels. For all we know all the stuff we want is going to be there anyway

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  12. Kristaps

Kristaps Alien

LFS endurance race's:)

13. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I am sorry it came out like Request but i was just pointing out that that should be the thing in game :D
    Propper damage model are missing on tires in AC it would be good to see some in ACC

14. chksix

chksix Simracer

To add to that the blown tyre should start smashing up bodywork if you try to return to pits too fast. Hanging or loose bodywork should cause a black flag to return to pits and tape the damage.

15. Turk

Turk Alien

I had a dream last night about the VR version, I was working as pit crew (a la job simulator) and applying tape to the bumper of a car. I'm assuming that's how Kunos will be announcing new features, by beaming them directly into random peoples dreams. Or maybe I've become far to obsessed with the tape fix used in GT.