1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Damage Modelling

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Julian Smith, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Julian Smith

Julian Smith Rookie

Is there eventually going to be damage modelling ? I set mechanical damage to 100% and took the ferrari for a few laps from hell around Monza. Regardless of how hard I crashed (including a couple of 160MPH doozies), the car drove just fine afterwards, no steering issues (I'm using a G27), no engine issues, no ill effects whatsoever.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Damage Modelling Jul 5, 2019
    ACC Multiplayer Change damage multiplier? Jun 17, 2022
    ACC Physics What does damage actually DO? Apr 6, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Damage Feb 6, 2021
    ACC Gameplay How do I know how much time do I lose with damage? Jan 1, 2021
    ACC Physics Discussion about car damage Dec 22, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Engine damage nursing? Dec 1, 2020
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Engine Damage and watertemperature Nov 28, 2020
    ACC Gameplay AI struggles to overtake damaged a car [OBSOLETE VERSION] Nov 18, 2020
    XBox One Discussions New damage model? Sep 13, 2020
    ACC Gameplay skip race in career mode after damaged car? Aug 1, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Disable damage in multiplayer Jul 22, 2020
    ACC Physics Can you fix engine damage? Jul 9, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Spawn glitch causing repeated damage and blocked controls in pit lane. May 30, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Start issue - car starting with damage May 22, 2020

3. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Right now damage is disabled. It will be enabled (visual and mechanical) in a later update.

4. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

for the visual damage, does that mean that we will see parts underneath the body panels? engine?
    can we lose bumpers and see all the great details below ? that would be really amazing

5. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

News about damage model will come later, please be patient.

cooknn, TonaZ, Patrik Marek and 2 others like this.
  6. Crayfis

Crayfis Gamer

Wow, Kunos continue to amaze. This was the single 'feature' that I considered missing from A.C which has every other base covered in AAA+ fashion.
    There are some really exciting things happening in regard to modeled car damage 'soft body physics' happening at the moment. There is the amazing 'BeamNG Drive':

and the 'Next Driving Game' from Flatout creators Bugbear entertainment:

Im not sure how much of this level of damage modeling Kunos could afford to integrate into the game ontop of every other feature they are working on, and I know damage modeling can cause problems with official licensing (which is why many game like Gran Turisimo have no / limited damage), but if the damage is anywhere near as good as their physics and graphics, it would be fantastic.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  7. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

beamNG is not ready yet, there is too much wobble, but of course it's impressive details they got and it's very realistic

bugber did great job in FlatOut, so this is just the next step

AC doesn't need anywhere this detailed damage, but it should be in there, and it should be better then next gen! Forza5
    textures with slight meshdeformation doesn't cut it anymore

even Mafia2 had decent damage modelling I thought

8. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

You cant put too much damage simulation into such a game.
    I own BeamNG, Next Car Game and AC :p
    BeamNG runs even on the best pc still ****ty - due some problems. GPU doesnt work that much, but they work on a patch to change this. Then its getting way better.
    NCG runs smooth, but its not simulating that much like AC physicswise. Also they got too much little particles - little bit unrealistic.
    Assetto Corsa just need a lighter Damage System then NCG with way less particles and i am totally fine!

But all 3 games are great for the future, love all 3 Dev studios!

9. Crayfis

Crayfis Gamer

Yes I think that with the amount of work going into all the other areas of the game that the damage will be lower priority and as you say, there is already allot going on with the tire model and the graphics before resources get allocated to soft body physics. Another thing to keep in mind is that whatever damage model gets put into the game, it will be hard to set up so that its accessible for modders to use. All this points to a simplified damage system, but Im sure KS will do a good job whatever we get.

10. cooknn

cooknn Alien

Didn't Bugbear do Rally Trophy?! That game was a blast!

11. Shaddix

Shaddix Alien

oh and maybe some cars cant be damaged, because of the license. Look at Forza or GT series, they can only scratch their hood or something like that.

12. Faran

Faran Gamer

They did. Personally I've only played the FallOut games, 1, 2 and ultimate carnage. I have not played the 3rd one because, well, it's rubbish and horrible, but then again that version was not made by Bugbear.

cooknn likes this.