1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Dear Kunos!Kindly provide steering range information for each car in ACC.

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by teaminfinitespirit, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Dear devs kindly provide steering lock/range for each car in ACC!
    I would like to have answers only from developers or people who have that information.

Thank you in advance.

M-Bimmer, Strawberry, Pheebau and 2 others like this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC General Discussions Dear devs any plan introducing safety car and pit animation? Aug 11, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Dear devs did you have any plans to update FFB and add more effects like spin ffb signal? Mar 8, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Dear Assetto Corsa Competizione Dec 16, 2018
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Dear Santa Claus - next update PS4 Nov 14, 2017
    Console Lounge Dear Admins: a question about Chit Chat room. Dec 27, 2016
    Physics Bugs & Issues Dear Santa... Sep 11, 2016
    Console Lounge Dear Kunos Team Aug 24, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Dear customer letter? Nov 30, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Dear kunos, franciacorta circuit going bankrupt, hurry to laserscan! Oct 31, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Dear santa kunos... Sep 6, 2015
    Suggestions Dear devs Jun 23, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Dear kunos, be sure to save some money for this! Jun 16, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Dear kunos Sep 27, 2014
    Tracks modding Track idear Aug 3, 2014

3. ignission

ignission Racer

Just set your wheel to 900 (or 1080 for default Fanatec) and let the sim do the rest. There is no rocket science going on here.

jc1993, Pack34, MTv and 3 others like this.
  4. sps_for_race

sps_for_race Hardcore Simmer

Your answer proves you have no clue, what you are talking about.

Vandest, M-Bimmer, Psit and 1 other person like this.
  5. !i know that! You, not dev certainly not who have that information.No need to post something that is not answering my question!Thanks
    And yeah there is a reason why im asking that particular info!

6. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

Whitestar, M96, Kopiller and 6 others like this.
  7. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Setting 900°/900° = no hardware stop at the end of the steering range. Setting the cars values in game and on the wheel = physical wheel stops where the virtual one does.
    This isn't particularily necessary while racing but helps when trying to turn the car around for example, escpecially if you have the virtual wheel turned off. It also adds to immersion for those who are immmersed by such things.

@teaminfinitespirit
    You could try to find out by yourself, if you'd like to invest the time of course. I did that back in EA for a few cars when there was only one new car per month, but I as well gave up on it when I got my new wheel that makes setting the wheel rotation more difficult while in game. The way you can do it is by seeing where the virtual wheel stops, thereby estimating the car's steering range, and then continuing by trial and error. Depending on your hardware it should take you no morw than 10-15 minutes per car.

If somebody already has a list for the steering ranges I'd be very thankful if they'd share it.

Vandest, Coanda and sps_for_race like this.
  8. I told that the is a reason why im asking that info!
    Ok my accuforce wheel is spinning in the menu which very dangerous for the health and in order to soften i need to setup all cars according to steering lock.
    Not kunos not SimX solved that problem.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

The one reason even I would like to have cars steering range is so we can set our wheels to match the hard stops. Setting the wheel to 900 and game to 900 matches 1 to 1 the actual rotation which is good. But if you have a big lose and a car may have 540 rotation for example your wheel will keep rotating to 900 even if steering stops at 540. Making it harder to catch also the wheel rotation you do from there has no effect until you go back under 540.

This isnt an issue most of the time or in regular driving but is reasonably annoying during a big slide or after a full spin. Ideally if we had properly working soft locks it would be solved but if not then a full list of all cars locks would allow users to set lock stops in their hardware for each car manually as needed.

Vandest, EsxPaul, Coanda and 2 others like this.
  10. Also very good point,but my problem is with accuforce hardware and ACC!

11. buddhatree

buddhatree Gamer

This ^

There's a steering ratio setting in the setup menu for each car. A 14:1 steering ratio is the same if your wheel is set to 540 or 900 or 1080. It's still 14:1. As long as the game knows what your wheel rotation is, that's all you need.

Just set your wheel it's max rotation in your controller settings and in the game settings and adjust the steering ratio in the setup menu.

12. sps_for_race

That sucks, because it's another peace of paper, but works.
    My list isn't complete, still had hope to be provided by the devs, until today. :(

@buddhatree: you didn't read or understood the issue.

teaminfinitespirit likes this.
  13. Please read previous reply's!

Nico1979 and sps_for_race like this.
  14. Looks like i will do it myself at least if i do i need that devs will correct me if my data will be wrong!

sps_for_race likes this.
  15. Strawberry

Strawberry Racer

McLaren is 480. I imagine you can probly find the rest by searching the internet, if the staff are reluctant to provide it. I've seen this question several times before without much in the line of straight answers. *shrug*

Frederic meunier and Coanda like this.
  16. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Whats your issue with accuforce hardware? If its not the lock stops it works just like all other wheels if set to 900 in simexperiance and 900 in game. You shouod get true 1 to 1 steering lock as I do with an accuforce v2 wheel.

The only reason I would want actual wheel rotation numbers is to be able to set the lock stop to match.

17. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Ferrari 480
    McLaren 480

BMW 565

Lamborghini 620
    Lamborghini ST 620
    Honda 620

Lexus 640
    Aston Martin 640
    Bentley 640
    Nissan 640
    Mercedes 640

Jaguar 720
    Audi 720
    R-EX 720

911 GT3 800
    911 CUP 800

18. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

You can get rid of the spins by disabling Road Bumps and/or Front Suspension Bumps in SimCommander, at least I could. That said, it just downloaded an update.

19. jaxx_za

jaxx_za Hardcore Simmer

Just a respectful suggestion - had you explained this reason for asking in the original post, it could have avoided the 'irrelevant' responses you received. This is a community after all, and some of the respondents were genuinely trying to help.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
    aotto1977, Casper, Whitestar and 4 others like this.
  20. sps_for_race

The question was clear, but there is always someone how anwsers to questions never asked.
    Not OP fault.

Vandest and LeiF like this.
  21. LeiF

LeiF Alien

This is exactly the reason why I myself wanted this information.

Thanks to the op for asking the question and thanks to Phil for providing his data.

For those who question the question itself, please just accept some people want the information and nobody is forcing you to change the way you set your own steering locks.

Enjoy your Sunday gents :)
    See you on the track.