1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Dear Kunos!Kindly provide steering range information for each car in ACC.

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by teaminfinitespirit, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

It shouldn't, it's an issue with the SimCommander Software that used with the Accuforce wheel for general settings and finetuning, and then it only happens if you use 2 or 3 specific effects. So if you don't use that software or those effects, you'll be fine.

@Aristotelis is there still something you could do to help simXperience with weeding out this issue that you haven't already done in the past? Going by the posts on their forums it seems to affect mostly (only?) Kunos and Codemasters games.

You know you did a good job when RD starts praising your game :)

chksix likes this.
  2. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

We will be focusing on the 2019 update now, after this, I'd like to have a look at the soft lock. I'll keep you updated of course, but maybe remind me every once in a while

jaxx_za, Ch4rL1E, Adastros and 9 others like this.
  3. Thank you for making the best sim with the best of the best FFB.I never feel what i can feel in ACC.The last update is making FFB on a whole new level. Sadly my wheel brand has problem,hope Simx will fix it.

4. Big big Thanks

5. Any information about simxperience?Cause i have no clue if you manage to reach them.
    Thanks in advance.

6. M-Bimmer

M-Bimmer Simracer

If not mistaken most of the GT3 (& GTE) cars has 540-640 wheel rotation (judging from Rfactor2 & R3E). Still i’d be useful to have a rotation for each other along with a steering lock in the car settings (not clue if there’s!)

7. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

It sometimes pays to read through a thread, at least the first page:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...ation-for-each-car-in-acc.59680/#post-1081884

Regarding the wheel going nuts in the menus with Road Bumps and Front Suspension Bumps turned on in SimCommander, this is a useful workaround that was posted in the simXperience forums by Alex. I started using it myself because I missed the bump effects and their usefulness too much in ACC. It lets you turn off/on all force effects in the Accuforce at the press of a button:

----------
    If you'd like to disable motion, SimVibe and AccuForce Feedback with a button press, the instructions are below. The reason for having this is that some titles, Dirt Rally for example keep sending data even in replays. You can map a button on your wheel or elsewhere to disable / enable all effects on the fly.

Open Sim Commander

Open Control Center

Click on the "Settings" Tab

Then open the "Sim Device Manager" drop down.

Click on the "Input Devices" tab

Make sure the "Joystick Commander" is enabled with a check box

To the right of that you will see "Selected Device". You can use the "Default Joystick Profile" or create "New Profile"

Within the profile you will see a tab that says " Sim Commander Mappings". Click on that tab

In the "In Game Tab" click the " + Add" button and a button will appear that says " Choose a Sim Command"

Within that selection you have an option called "Commander Interactions" and from there choose "Toggle Commander Data" . Once you do, click "OK" to accept it.

After that you will have the option to "Set Joystick Button". Click that, push the button you want to Enable / Disable the Sim Commander data which includes, motion, SimVibe, AccuForce Force feedback, etc.

Now when you are in game, you can push that button if you want to disable Sim Commander data. Push it again to enable it anytime you want.
    ----------
    Source: https://www.simxperience.com/Default.aspx?tabid=742&g=posts&m=25829#post25829

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  8. Half Alife

Half Alife Rookie

If you real car wheels stop turning and your steering-wheel is still turning, you have a problem. Its a sim with cars, so why not have it behave like the cars, its what the game is all about...

The issue is for example, when you get punted and try to recover and you press the gas fully to do a 180, you are then counter steering, but the wheel isn't doing anything yet to the wheels, so you are to late and spin way further. So yeah, it would help and make it more realistic. I can handle it for currently, but if it ever gets added, would just be another step closer to reality.

9. Half Alife

Half Alife Rookie

Good to hear! Thx!