1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory.
  2. FOR ASSETTO CORSA COMPETIZIONE: If you report issues with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder!
  3. If your game executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, then run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether.

Default graphics settings

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by SkinnyCyclist, Sep 13, 2018.

1. SkinnyCyclist

SkinnyCyclist Rookie

Hi,
    When you first time start ACC, are the graphics settings a (reasonable) calculation based on your system, or is it just a default preset?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Controls & Peripherals [1.0.7] Button conflict in pit menu with G27 default config Aug 4, 2019
    Audio Bugs & Issues AC refuses to use audio devices, other than Win default device Jul 7, 2019
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Default Logitech G29 Settings Jun 4, 2019
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres Change setup default settings May 7, 2019
    ACC Gameplay Default tyre pressure suggestion for pit stop Apr 11, 2019
    ACC General Discussions Reset settings to default settings Mar 16, 2019
    ACC User Interface (v0.6) Default HUD always return Mar 4, 2019
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Set default view to cockpit view instead of chase cam, when selecting instant replay after pause? Feb 3, 2019
    ACC User Interface ACC doesn't always default to the highest monitor refresh rate - And you cant chose which to use. Jan 21, 2019
    Console Lounge Default cars Nov 26, 2018
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars How to get Dash Cam as default cam? Oct 19, 2018
    ACC Gameplay Issue with Huracan default setups Oct 12, 2018
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Default cockpit camera and disabling virtual wheel Oct 11, 2018
    ACC Physics TC and ABS reset to default after changing setup Oct 10, 2018
    Physics modding - Cars & Tyres default setup - ARB always resets to 0 Oct 6, 2018

3. Demo

Demo Gamer

I do not know but, I've found all the settings to the maximum level. So I tested the this settings in practice mode and was practically unplayable.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    sidy06 likes this.
  4. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Definitely not calculating settings by your system.

And I'll write it here again, blur should be off by default.

GoBo, Fremen_78 and Salad Fingers like this.
  5. nanucq

nanucq Racer

On mine, all was maxed out and it works Flawlessly.
    Then I just removed "Motion Blur" and decreased "Saturation" from 100 to 80 and I got a very pleasant configuration.

6. nanucq

nanucq Racer

sorry, double post

7. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Shadows to Low to Med since shadows are eathing FPS in every game :)

8. Cantago_NL

Cantago_NL Gamer

The strange thing is, I compared AC to ACC, and AC looks much better regarding the anti aliasing. And if you ask me, that is the most important setting of them all! It looks like I am playing on a PS3 now... And solutions coming you think?

PicoBp likes this.
  9. Neil Bow

Neil Bow Rookie

h

tow likes this.
  10. Scorpionx01

Scorpionx01 Rookie

My settings for 980ti @1400mhz and 4k
    Temporal AA high
    Shadow high (medium brings not much more fps)
    effects high (on medium there are no raindrops on windshield)
    Post prozessing low (Medium eats fps and is only darker)
    Foliage and textures epic

Sunny weather 20cars 65 to 70fps (Not when you start the Race, later you have this fps)
    Storm 20cars 45 fps

So dont drive in stormy weather with slicks and this settings

11. Stains

Stains Racer

Id love a detailed description of all ini file adjustments available for UE4 ACC ?
    Anything that will work for the VR implementation to keep graphics quality but gain fps because I can tell performance is going to be tough for VR !

Aristidis Seisanas likes this.
  12. grimdanfango

grimdanfango Gamer

I agree entirely. Motion blur makes absolutely no sense in games. Motion blur is an artefact of long exposure recording... and when simulated for TV/movie CGI, will give a more "realistic" feel, as it will match the limitations of recording equipment (24-30fps, and thus a requirement for long exposure times and the resultant motion smearing to not feel juddery).
    Following this lead, games implement it, presumably assuming it will give a more "cinematic" feel. Perhaps it does... but it also smears motion cues that your eyes would otherwise use to interpret and fill in motion between unsmeared still frames. It will make a game feel sluggish and laggy.
    For a racing game, it shouldn't really even be an option. If you want smoother motion, you need a higher Hz monitor, not motion smearing.
    VR is even better, with a combination of 90hz and low-persistence OLED display mode.

SkinnyCyclist likes this.
  13. Alex2

Alex2 Gamer

In ACC reflections are missing. All looks like a comic on paper. AC & shader_patch looks fantastic!

tow likes this.
  14. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

I have the same impression on the Anti Aliasing. I think this is some kind of limitation or way of how the UE4 engine does anti aliasing. Also right now, in ACC, the graphics are very soft, so as if to tone down the jagginess of the image. When sharpening the image by scaling up the resolution in game, or using post processing injection like reshade, the image in turn also gets more aliased. Something with UE4 AA is at least weird.
    My impression currently is, that one needs very potent hardware to make UE4 engine shine, at least in an application like sim racing, where all kind of lines are being drawn across the whole screen and good anti aliasing can make a real difference.
    After all ACC is still in developement, so I will wait for the forthcoming EA releases, to see if and how the rendering improves, but my gut feeling is that UE4 engine, for this kind of application needs high resolution.

Cantago_NL likes this.
  15. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

Absolutely agree on the motion blur. Its nice to have in a Photo mode but not during the game. The motion blur comes automatically from your eyes and with high FPS and fast movements.

16. Skybird

Skybird Alien

Has the game an undocumented fps counter?

I have a smooth experience, visually, while leaving everything at max, only shadow one tick down, and saturation increased to 110.

How was it with AA and AF in VR (for next month), did you set them on or off for crispier vision? Off, I think, right? I always forget what does what.

17. Same here this is a must for a low spec pc like mine.
    Performance and stable 60 fps at all times is the most important thing for me.

18. Cantago_NL

Cantago_NL Gamer

I agree. I have a lot older and new games that run fine (even on older UE engine), but in a game like PUBG (also UE4) I feel I have the same problem. So could be UE4. Have to say, with 2560x1440 pixels I don't think I need a higher resolution monitor. I do think UE4 needs a very good PC to run smooth. Especially because lowering the graphics settings does not do a lot to fps, and does not completely change the looks, like for instance GTA V does. Looks like there is a very small window of adjustment compared to other games, including AC.