1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Devs, please rewrite the game pad code the right way!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Monkey-CH, Aug 27, 2016.

1. giulianbu

giulianbu Rookie

the pad is calibrated badly, had happened about Project Cars this thing on day one but they have adjusted, fix quickly please, it is unplayable and are many to say !!!! we are talking about console no pc !!
    how did you make the switch controller? you can explain it to me because I'm having serious control problems

2. Monkey-CH

Monkey-CH Gamer

On the controller setting switch the mode to Wheel Mode and after that switch back to controller. After that, the pad settings are reset and it should be fine now. Let me know if it fixed your issue as well.

giulianbu likes this.
  3. AC is very playable with a controller just dont play it like forza or gt, Assetto Corsa is actually a sim forza and gt are more simcade. its all about finesse and being smooth with your controller inputs. The pc guys are very helpfull and do give good advice

4. Monkey-CH

Monkey-CH Gamer

No, as soon the settings are messed up it isn't anymore playable, as all inputs are much to sensibel and you are not anymore able to drive a normal straight line. There is a bug with the settings in the console version, at least on the ONE as soon you change some type of the controller settings. After resetting my controller settings as pointed above, it is again drivable and good, but only as long I do not again change anything in the settings.

The PC guys are saying all is fine but they don't know what is going on on the console. As such it is no help if they post here, that everything is fine, when it isn't! This is a console issue and not a PC issue, so they leading into the wrong direction. I would also not go into the PC section to post that everything is OK for a PC issue. That makes no sense as well. The PC and Console versions are different in many ways.

giulianbu likes this.
  5. i am also playing on the xbox one and have not had the issues you mention even after changing controller settings. i have checked with 5 different controllers and changed all my settings and have had no issues, i just prefer to use my wheel setup though

6. Kubr0

Kubr0 Racer

calm down, the code for the controller on PS4 & xBox 1 is the very same as for the controller on the PC. You don't have a clue what you are complaining about here. The values from the PC version just got changed for console to be more user friendly. I'm currently using the following settings, with one problem left, and thats the missing virtual steering wheel lock:

Steering Sensitivity - 100% (both on PC & console ranging from 0 to 100)
    Steering Speed - 25% (on PC this setting is inverted, 75% from PC translates to 25% on console, on PC, pre-v0.7 the value was similar on PC = 0,25 = 75% (currently on PC) = 25% (currently on console))
    Steering Deadzone - 5% (same)
    Filter - 82% (same)
    Gamma - 220% (on PC from 1 to 4, on console from 100% to 400%)

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    UntrainedN00B01 likes this.
  7. giulianbu

giulianbu Rookie

look at that on the pad of the xbox one problem is existing !!!! we are not inventing things, seeing is believing, the pad has not been tested by Kunos this is the motivation, and I spent 50 Euros for this?

8. if the pad wasnt working properly how come myself and others have no issue with it

9. spidergod

spidergod Rookie

Morning All
    Seems as though it is the Gamma setting on xb1 that is causing the problem with controls being over sensitive after making any changes to that setting.
    All the other settings should be fine to use, just leave Gamma as it is for now until patched.
    Cheers

Monkey-CH likes this.
  10. Monkey-CH

Monkey-CH Gamer

It begins to be buggy at some time, after changing any of the settings. This is a fact and many of my friends have the same issues. I don't know yet, which setting will make it defect, but only change the settings alone will not show you the problem. It is more complicated and it is related to one or more of the settings values. As my pad setting work again, I will never ever touch them again. So I can't yet say which setting does destroy the pad steering, but there is one, as there are many other with this problem.

@spidergod
    Thanks for this info. Hopefully this is realy the reason of the problem, but I have this changed 200% and it still works very well. So I believe it must be something with its max or min value, as I did change this with RT/LT to their max/min values to see what it makes. It may be that after that the settings were messed up.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
    giulianbu likes this.
  11. giulianbu

giulianbu Rookie

[Quote = "Monkey-CH, posta: 738.247, membro: 144053"] Si comincia ad essere buggy a un certo momento, dopo aver modificato le impostazioni. Questo è un dato di fatto e molti dei miei amici hanno gli stessi problemi. Non lo so ancora, quale impostazione renderà difetto, ma modificare solo le impostazioni da solo non si mostrerà il problema. È più complicato ed è collegata ad uno o più dei valori delle impostazioni. Come impostare il mio lavoro pad ancora una volta, non potrò mai più toccare di nuovo. Quindi non posso ancora dire che l'impostazione non distruggere lo sterzo pad, ma ce n'è uno, in quanto vi sono molti altri con questo problema.

[USER = 71543] @spidergod [/ USER]
    Grazie per queste informazioni. Speriamo che questo sia davvero il motivo del problema, ma ho questa cambiato 200% e funziona ancora molto bene. Quindi credo che deve essere qualcosa con il suo valore massimo o minimo, come ho fatto cambiare questo con RT / LT ai loro massimi valori minimo / per vedere che cosa fa. Può darsi che, dopo che le impostazioni erano in disordine. [/ Quote]

Is a very strange problem, I tried a whole day, if I change even slightly values "range" or "filter" the steering wheel does not respond properly as it should, even with the car swerves to 200 range is just right and the guide is strange I hope settle this problem, but the question is ... the Kunos and aware of this?

12. danowat

danowat Hardcore Simmer

It's not just a problem with the XBO, the same thing happens with the PS4 and the steering gamma.

13. giulianbu

giulianbu Rookie

thanks it worked, hopefully I settle the problem steering