1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Did the car sounds get changed for consoles?

Discussion in 'XBox One Discussions' started by Speedster911, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Speedster911

Speedster911 Gamer

I recently got the UE for my Xbox One-X and I've got to say, the simulation is quite impressive.

However, I see that quite a lot of content from the PC version is missing, including some really great car sounds.

I saw gameplay vids of the LaFerrari from cockpit view and it had a very aggressive motor sound with loud backfires and superb downshifting sounds.

Unfortunately, the game I'm playing has the LaFerrari sounding somewhat like a vacuum cleaner with the motor sound becoming audible only around 6000 revs and it has none of the loud pops, cracks and backfires that I've heard in the PC version. Also, there's this really loud transmission whine sound as if it's got straight-cut gears, which it doesn't.

Why did the car sounds change on consoles?

I noticed the same problems with other cars as well - where car sound is generally weak, exhaust pops are not that loud and there is an obnoxious ear-piercing trans whine in cockpit for some reason, even though these cars do not have straight cut gears or adjustable gear ratios for that matter:

* LaF
    * 599XX
    * Modern Lotus F1 car
    * One of the modern Ferrari F1 cars (sorry I can't recall the model)
    * Huracan Performante
    * Zonda R
    * Both the Countach variants
    * M235i Race Car

And others. I understand that some cars do have a loud trans whine in cockpit such as the Zonda R or perhaps the Sesto Elemento, but the motor sound is also loud, aggressive and clearly audible, along with loud backfires and downshifting sounds.

Did the car sounds get changed when the game was ported to consoles? Did the samples get mixed up? Why aren't all the car sounds 1:1 with the PC version? Both the PS4 Pro and Xbox One-X are powerful enough to handle the game.

I also noticed that the tuning options have been dumbed down and the low LOD can be very noticeable at times.

Why Kunos? I'm loving the game but can you PLEASE update these car sounds and bring them on par with the PC version?

FYI, there's no reverb effect at all on consoles? I don't understand - is the hardware not powerful enough?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019

2. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

Maybe the PC video you saw used a soundmod? Can you link it?

3. Speedster911

Speedster911 Gamer

I can't find it, sorry. It was a few months ago. Just watch any cockpit vids from PS4 or Xbox One - whether 2 years old or a few months old - some car sounds are dreadful. The engine comes through weak and trans whine is overpowering and way too loud. I'm not sure if PC was using a mod, but the PC gameplay vids I've seen so far have powerful motor sounds and none of this screeching, air-shattering trans whine in cockpit that drowns out the engine.

4. Speedster911

Speedster911 Gamer

Can someone please contact Luca and let him know that the sounds are not consistent on the Xbox One version? I recently saw a gameplay vid of PS4 posted 3 years back on YT with a superb Laferrari sound - loud exhaust backfire, audible engine and none of that annoying trans whine in cockpit.

@Luca
    @AC Support

Gentlemen, please look into all Xbox One sounds - they are different from the PS4 and PC version - with many cars having quiet and really poor downshifting effects, weak and flat engine sound in cockpit, and a really loud screeching trans whine which starts from 2nd gear! It's ruining the experience.

I've listed the cars in one of my posts within this thread.