1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Did the cars become faster since 1.11?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by rge75, Dec 27, 2016.

1. rge75

rge75 Simracer

Just wondering if the cars became faster since the update to 1.11? I noticed that I suddenly managed to get some achievements where I had problem in the past and I also improved some other hotlaps. Of course I hope somebody will say "no" because this would mean I became faster. But I doubt it. Just as an example, I e.g. "easily" improved my Lotus 49 time at Silverstone 66 by over half a second compared to my time in AC 1.10. And I drove the car quite a lot in 1.10.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds Damaged AI cars did not retire May 27, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Did anyone figured out controller setting to emulate pcars controller feel? May 28, 2015
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues Removing cars of people who didn't click "next session" May 11, 2014
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Did the developer stop updating events on xbox series x? Nov 20, 2023
    ACC Tools Motec i2 pro software - track analysis didn't show up the track map May 22, 2023
    ACC Physics New physics didn't work for the BMW M4 GT3 May 2, 2023
    ACC Physics Did ACC get robbed of FFB dynamic range & understeer feel in 1.8.12 update? Mar 30, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Disconnected | NO STATS, SERVERS| THIS DID NOT WORK: https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?th Jul 9, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Did v1.7.7 or v1.7.6 Ruin Performance? Apr 14, 2021
    ACC Gameplay Multiple questions, and I did my search :) Dec 21, 2020
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Why the hell didn’t my game save?!!! Dec 4, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Competition history didn't update since 1.6.1 Nov 21, 2020
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Statistics didn't update (Imola+Audi) Nov 19, 2020
    ACC User Interface Where did my hands go? Oct 9, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer why do race result disappear as if they didn't exist? Aug 15, 2020

3. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

I think it is now. But Assetto Corsa on the first version was faster than is now.

4. iVG

iVG Alien

I think the peak grip limit (minus the most recent camber formula change) has pretty much stayed the same but the new changes to some v10 tyres favours a smoother driving with precise corrections rather than throwing the car into the corner. If you drive like you would a real car, I think you will end up with the same lap time or even slightly better due to the better flat kerbs physics and slightly less understeer in GT3/2 cars.
    I must say I like it a lot. The 911 cup really shows how snappy a GT car can be on the new tyres. Even thought I don't like the car (mainly due to the new pub servers overusing it), the happy tail in slow/mid corners more than makes up for the otherwise dull feel.
    Also with the massive drop in pressure on the new GT3/2 tyres, it feels to me that they absorb much more of the road and lose/regain grip much more progressively than before.
    The only thing that is missing now (brake temps are coming for all cars I hope) is proper transmission simulation (the one showcased in RRRE few months ago) at low speeds.
    Roll on EOY announcement Kunos! :)

5. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Agree on the GT3 Cup, spinning or tankslap into spin is a lot more common in races with this car, and that´s what makes it fun. You know that the remaining drivers can actually somewhat drive and are focused.
    What´s even more fun is beating GT3 R drivers on cup/R servers, that takes dedication and forces you to drive on the edge in the Cup :D

6. iVG

iVG Alien

I never even considered joining one of them servers but now as you've mentioned it, I'm gonna beat some 911R's tonight :)

7. Brisse

Brisse Gamer

I thought something must have happened since I improved my hotlap with the P1 on Nordschleife Tourist by 10 seconds yesterday, from about 6:49 to 6:39.

On the other side of the coin we have the LaFerrari, which I also lapped at around 6:49 previously without much drama, but now with the new tyres, I can't even achieve a full lap without having the rear end spin out at high speed, as if the downforce is suddenly non existent. This car used to be very stable and somewhat understeered, but now it's completely different.

8. roawh

roawh Rookie

I just experienced the same thing with the 458 Italia. The last race I did was early December on V1.10 @ Mugello. Went back same car / track today and it is now oversteering like crazy. Before it was like you described the LaFerrari- very stable and a little understeer. Now I'm sliding around like a boat. What happened?

earlyapex and Seria17hri11er like this.
  9. Robertus

Robertus Gamer

I opened similar thread few days ago. This "issue" is probably caused by aerodynamic bug in v11.1 and v11.2
    Cars were not producing aerodynamic lift, so it can be faster. It has been fixed in version 11.3.

10. roawh

roawh Rookie

Thanks for the info Robertus. I'm using V1.11.3. I did notice my lap times have improved since 1.10, but the car feels different and I'm not sure why.

11. DuckeyTapey

DuckeyTapey Hardcore Simmer

IIRC the 458 doesn't produce any lift, so it should be unaffected by the 1.11.3 fix. Apart from that, it still drives the same for me.

12. roawh

roawh Rookie

Do you know of any changes to the controller inputs? I'm using XBox 360 wired.

13. I tried the LaF, P1, and 918 back to back. Yea, that LaF feels like it doesn't have anywhere near the rear end grip the other cars have.

The P1 feels much better than it did before, at least to me. The 918 seems even more tail happy than before.

I walked away enjoying my experience with the P1, and not the others. It was the opposite before the recent tire and inertia changes to those cars.

earlyapex likes this.
  14. Brisse

Brisse Gamer

That fix should not have anything to do with these kinds of cars. Lift is only a factor on older and less sporty street cars. I wonder if the "fix" might have somehow broken these cars. They should produce plenty of downforce (for street cars anyway), but now it feels like they don't.

earlyapex likes this.