1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Different sky conditions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by TheBestBeast, Dec 18, 2014.

1. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

Howdy people :)

I was just wondering why doesn't Kunos make different sky conditions. By that they could use different sky conditions like overcast, sunny, cloudy, etc. We are simply limited to those clouds which don't look good at all...they are so unnatural and ice creamish :D

So my question to Kunos goes will you make different cloud/sky condition? This is not a thread for rain, night and etc., it's just a question why don't you simply make several files for different type of sky?

lagen7 likes this.

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Multiclass visual differentiation missing? Apr 14, 2024
    ACC Physics Differentiate AC and ACC Shared Memory With Different Naming. Jan 3, 2024
    Troubleshooting - Workarounds any server with many different mods crashes on startup Mar 2, 2023
    ACC Virtual Reality FFB is different in VR and single monitor Jan 8, 2023
    ACC Gameplay Which setup does the AI use in ACC? Is it the default setup or a different one? Nov 24, 2022
    Sounds modding Error Message when attempting to mod in different sounds? Mar 31, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Different approach!! Mar 22, 2022
    ACC Controls & Peripherals Different FFB feel in a big grid Feb 13, 2022
    Sounds modding Same sound, different car, different volume? Why Feb 7, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer Different time stamp in chat Jan 27, 2022
    ACC Virtual Reality Im super happy with VR (1.8.4) - So what am I doing different? Nov 28, 2021
    ACC User Interface DLSS Problem. Image Scalingis missing [DLSS and IS are two different things] Nov 24, 2021
    ACC Physics Brake Bias setting and display different in some cases Sep 30, 2021
    PlayStation 4 Discussions ACC Help with SETUP differentiating Sep 14, 2021
    ACC Virtual Reality Pimax 8kx: Different vegetation shadow in each eye Jun 18, 2021

3. SimonTek

SimonTek Simracer

Hi mate.
    I'm 50% agree with you why they should develop different sky condition if clock itself is not dynamic? i think they should begin to introduce something related to this topic because everything is so static (referring to circuit/track enviroment)

maybe it may sounds boring for someone but i still convinced dynamic time and weather can make the success of this sim.

just think about how changeable the track condition would be IF wind affects the car and track surface or the temp changement by time going on, these are the hardpoints which i belive are important in a sim
    cheers

Madsen, TheBestBeast and MAUZERIS[LT] like this.
  4. Turk

Turk Alien

I think there are sky box mods out there that change the sky but I don't know if it's random or changeable. By that I mean you can change the standard skybox to something else it will use that new skybox only and won't alternate between them. I could be wrong though.

The current environment is suitable for the Italian tracks but the likes of silverstone would have an overcast and cloudy sky.

TheBestBeast likes this.
  5. SimonTek

SimonTek Simracer

true, this is it.
    temp, wind, humidity and sun angle changes according to the geo coordinates they can't be "fixed" variables wrote in a table

6. I agree, the skies look very unrealistic and bland most of the time, and would love for some nicer changeable skies to be implemented. However i dont think its a huge priority right now.

7. SimonTek

SimonTek Simracer

speaking about the current realease, i think sky and enviroment are realistic enough if we consider they are static so i belive this is a good start but the way to go is yet long and far ihmo.

8. plaid

plaid Alien

Yupp. Besides the tracks seem kinda empty and dead, different conditions could add greatly to the overall experience.

9. SimonTek

SimonTek Simracer

somehow you're right but if you enable free camera on a track (monza for istance) you may see some unnecessary items like vans and trucks parked on zones where camera will ever never look at.
    they could clean such things and add something that is around the true eye.

just my view..

10. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

TheBestBeast likes this.
  11. plaid

plaid Alien

There are just a few vans and tracks, without them the track would be looking even more empty - there are several replay-cams that let you see this places. However, they are really low poly and got simple textures. Shouldn't have a big impact.
    Regarding near the track:
    raceroom and especially project cars are good examples. Like regarding the sky some will say they don't recognise this and it would be irrelevant, but I recognise if Im on a trackday or a raceevent.
    Open pitgarages different kinds of staff in the pits and 3d folk around the track, real traffic lights (I looked for the right word on a translationpage but after I looked for "Rennampel" (racetrafficlight)
    it just suggested "Rennkamel" (racing camel) :D ) would greatly add to the atmosphere. + Some dirt. The game seem a bit "sterile".
    Sure no priority, but I would put it on the list for properly simulated races.

Edit: I just googled out of curiousity and learned something...
    [​IMG]
    I probably should work on my education...

SimonTek likes this.
  12. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

This is not a topic for track specific weather condition. They could make some (dds???) files and import them to all tracks. That's how it would be somehow static but much more interesting. I was thinking something like iracing has. It doesn't need to be dynamic. It should be much more dynamic with that sky. What you see now is only that clouds and blue sky. That's it. No feeling at all...

13. Turk

Turk Alien

I think Kunos are aware of this and while they say it's not on the cards, I think we will see it eventually. They've succumed to forum preasure in the past (pitstops) :p.

14. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

They don't have to feel a pressure :D They already have lots of it ^^ Was just wondering if that is even possible to do. I saw one track/mod, where different sky was implemented. It was interesting for a start so I think it could be possible. The only problem remains with the light source since Ac has only one light source as far as I know...

Edit: A perfect example of what I am thinking about:

robertedell likes this.
  15. Tino66

Tino66 Alien

I agree I would love to have sky presets I could choose before I load the track. still I think track specific weather would break the static look between the tracks.
    No blue skies here....

[​IMG]

robertedell and TheBestBeast like this.
  16. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

Yeah, but that looks so unnatural :D Playing with colorcurves and weather ini won't do the trick xD