1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Difficulty of special events/achievments

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Henkz, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Henkz

Henkz Gamer

If its in the wrong place, mods are encouraged to move it!

Hi, just got into the special events after a while away since there are two recent updates with Ferrari and the new Bonus pack 3 and instantly realized that the difficulty is insanely low.

For example: The special event "Flat Out in the Flat 8" used to require something like ~1:36 and now it was a 1:41:5 which is almost a 6% increase in lap time (this is huge). Checked through other special events and noticed similiar decreases in difficulty all across the board and couldn't believe it.

Why have they done this? Anyone got any insight or accurate guesses why they have dumb them down so much?

Best regards

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Special event difficulty rewards are messed up since last update Sep 19, 2017
    PlayStation 4 Discussions Lotus Cup Special Event Alien Difficulty Dec 11, 2016
    Console Lounge Special Events Difficulty Needs to be Fixed Oct 6, 2016
    Chit Chat Room "A Roman Trackday" special event on Alien difficulty: too easy ? Apr 23, 2016
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues When selecting difficulty in special events laps do not match the difficulty level Nov 7, 2015
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Special events difficulty issue Oct 10, 2015
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Special event difficulty Mar 15, 2015
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Special events stuck on hard difficulty / no achievement awarded? Oct 25, 2014
    Chit Chat Room Special events difficulty is inconsistent. Oct 19, 2014
    Console Lounge AI difficulty has a bug... Mar 2, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Difficulty level per track Feb 26, 2023
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Change difficulty level in championship Nov 20, 2022
    XBox One Discussions IA difficulty championship mode Jan 19, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions Reflections on the difficulty of streaming and commenting on races and championships Mar 11, 2021
    Console Lounge PS4 vs PC wheel steering difficulty Jul 30, 2020

3. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

They went on the easy side without even asking the community about it. It was fine for most of them during 1.15.2

4. Blizzier

Blizzier Racer

There was thread called List of broken special events where people tried to suggest corrections to special events difficulty which ends in successfully updated ones in which many struggles. Now, 1.16 changed those updated times by quite a margin like you can beat those time in reverse. In this case I can only be pleased that I've done majority of them when they were hard. Now I wouldn't even have motivation to do them since for regular simracer most of those events are like first lap gold.

5. Henkz

Henkz Gamer

Sounds about right, very strange decision since I might not be the quickest in the world but managed 99% of them before that incredible nerf...

6. Henkz

Henkz Gamer

Yeah that describes my experience to 100%, every single Special Event I've done so far has been completed on Gold/Golden Glory on lap 1 if I haven't spune/gone off track, it's insane how easy it is now... Anyways, as you said, I also completed most of them ahead of this but still, I want a challenge in Single Player, not just hotlap on my own and try to beat WR:s on RSR (which will be closed in March as well), no more Single Player left what so ever...

7. Neilski

Neilski Alien

RSR is shutting down? I hadn't been aware :(

8. Henkz

Henkz Gamer

Neilski likes this.
  9. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

Monza/Lambo GT3 Green Flash "challenge" is a total joke. Must have been a typo somewhere. Aliens can do almost 20s faster laps there than the gold time

10. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Just saw that the "Benchmark" time (GT3RS on Nordschleife) has been changed has been changed from 7:20.00 to 7:44.500...
    I could cry... I worked soo hard for months to beat it and now everyone is just getting it given to them. Same for Unusual Sounds and a heap of others
    @Aristotelis
    @LordKunos

Why were these changed?

11. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

Yesterday while comparing gt3rs in pcars with corsa I did some relaxed laps - first was with mistake and second was 7.39 - imagine my surprise when I get gold achievment. I understand 3-5 secs - maybe some casual idiot with broken hands crying out loud somewhere in the far corner of this forum. But 25 secs? Im speechless. It is a pity that it turn out this way. I liked that special events so much. You can easily cheat on many of them - just setup ai and enjoy. But it was so good - to set 7 min on 918 and then think where you can get that 2 sec. Mb a little more tire pressure or different mgu mode? Or more camber or toe? Now it is all gone. Rejoice casual rats.
    And im sure Aris and Stefano have nothing to do with that. All questions to Manuel.

12. Serge M

Serge M Alien

@6S.Manu then, why was this done? With the old times to get gold you would need to get to the kind of pace where you can REALLY appreciate the work that goes in to the physics of world and cars, new times... I don't even know what to say there...

13. Blizzier

Blizzier Racer

Just saw new gold time and... Wow. 1:48 wasn't that hard with good setup, especially in such a beast on straights like Huracan GT3, but now it's possible to beat this time with what, Lamborghini Countach?

It must be joke guys, like irony to roast all of those people that saying Assetto Corsa is too hard. I have no other explanation.

sissydriver likes this.
  14. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

Sorry guys! I was ordered to do that and as you can understand I'm the first one to be angry, after all the time spent to balance them.

Nitro, Glaurung, Kade and 5 others like this.
  15. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Any reason why so much? I could understand a few seconds for the “challenge” but almost half a minute makes the whole thing pointless, same with the rest, if people are mostly interested in doing the challenges they will never get to experience the magic of these cars and tracks close to the limit.

PS: thanks for the reply, wasn’t expecting any answer quickly given the time of the year :)

sissydriver likes this.
  16. Totallystock

Totallystock Rookie

In GT6 one could gold each fortnightly (or monthly) special event on the first lap (boring). Now with Assetto Corsa after 700+ !! hours I have not golded each and every one of the special events, as other parts of Assetto Corsa take up much of my time. Some are wayy to hard for me, like Godzilla, and yet the nissan gtr nismo time trial is too easy, but maybe that is because i like the latter more.
    If I race with settings of my own choice with similar cars I can have fun with 90% difficulty. There are many better (and worse) drivers out there and I do not mind if I cannot get gold, at least i can choose if and when i want to drive :).
    Leave the restrictions of the Playstation gaming mentality behind, or one will jump through many hoops just to try a car in the game.

P.S. With my new 5.1 surround system i would like to know how to configure them to work with Assetto Corsa, is there an app (mod) on race department, or does it come as standard and is well hidden.

PPS. This game - simulator is AWESOME , thanks Kunos workers :)

17. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

????? Ordered to do that??
    Then plz tell the people who are responsible for this that its totally wrong :confused: - i tried hours and hours at some events. so much fun. so motivating.
    i have no words (english is not my natural language).o_O
    really bad decision.:confused: acting this way you may loose players. for me its really bad. i collected gold medals like nothing last days - thats not how i should be.
    :(
    edit: Thank you Manu for your work to balance it - most of the times have been really good!!!

18. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Also, through a lot of the achievements I’ve discovered awesome cars and learned a lot about how to drive them. With the new times plenty of people would just do one lap, get gold and may never go to that car again having never even gotten close to exploring its handling which would be a shame

evil_overlord and sissydriver like this.
  19. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team

Hi guys,

We had a call this morning and I can guarantee that the old Special Events tweaks have been caused by a misunderstanding.

I'll revert them back ASAP.

Kembro, Blizzier, lordpatou and 15 others like this.
  20. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Thank you for this. Now to quickly do those achievements I struggled with before it changes back! Just kidding of course. Will wait for the change back before continuing through them 438 of 709...

21. Jadonyx

Jadonyx Hardcore Simmer

:D I just cant believe my eyes. Great thanks Manuel.

Serge M likes this.