1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Difficulty of special events/achievments

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Henkz, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I'm not a big fan of single player but I did a couple of special events today just to try and see. The Ferrari 312/67 race at historic Silverstone ("Amon Hills") is really good, it definitely took some effort to beat the AI, they love outbraking you and you need to be quite physical to claim your position. Only 5 laps but pretty intense. Driving that car is insanely fun.

2. Robert M525

Robert M525 Gamer

To be clear, I wasn't saying it couldn't be done. I was saying I couldn't do it. :p
    I don't want gold to be any easier. I just wanted bronze to be easier. :)

Berry and Totallystock like this.
  3. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

4. Totallystock

Totallystock Rookie

What might make many happy, but they are too embarrassed to speak out on a Brrmm brrmm car forum ; In the words of Spock, 'that seems logical'...
    I don't want gold to be any easier. I just wanted bronze to be easier.

Personally I am too busy setting my own goals, and running my own races that I thought of myself, such is the true beauty of Assetto Corsa (apart from the driving itself.)

5. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

nr3 alfa4c nords 8:10,977 (8:11 for gold...):)

Serge M and leon_90 like this.
  6. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Currently trying to get the “legacy” one, got silver so far but still need a bit under .8 for gold. Not really a fan of the handling characteristics of the Carrera S. Will get there though no doubt

sissydriver likes this.
  7. Octane

Octane Simracer

That door has been slammed. The OP got his 70 achievements while it was still open and then ran to the forums complaining it was too easy.

8. Berry

Berry Alien

If you're like me and hit a wall at some point, just try them with the Trofeo's, a lot easier :p.
    @MrDeap: What is it about if not skill? I don't see the logic in it to be honest, but I might be wrong.
    @Robert M525 That's fair enough, to me they seem very achievable, but it might not be the case for everyone.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
  9. Octane

Octane Simracer

Happy New Year! To me they don't seem very achievable, but that is not the case for a small few....as it should be for Gold or Glory. Nobody has advocated for making Gold easier in this thread that I've seen. But, that seems to be the innate fear some have in their reactions to making more (some) achievements attainable for those without uber-skills. If you run an event looking for Gold you are automatically given the other achievements, as it should be. Why should it even matter if some of the others are more accessible to the lesser skilled? In many respects it sounds like, if you can't get Gold you shouldn't get anything.

In the meantime I'll keep plugging along to "git gud" and try to make new achievements. I travel with my job and look forward to coming home and sitting at my rig (with AC) when I have a chance. I have no desire to move to a simcade as I'm confident someone will suggest.

Berry likes this.
  10. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

glickenhaus and lambo at spa - whoosa. its not easy. last day with a lot of time for ac - so intense.:)
    let it scream 2:22,121 and 2:20,636 with glick. the pile of shame medals is a little bit smaller....:p

11. Berry

Berry Alien

@Octane: Didn't mean to sound like an as$ :p.I can certainly understand that point of view, but I think you should make it more like a proper suggestion rather than a complaint, and in its allocated thread.Happy New Year to everyone and happy driving! :)

Octane likes this.
  12. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

In most scenario it's some learning curve in the driving model or not having the car set correctly to make the special event reachable with decent performance.

I've seen too much player with decent racing line, but don't quite get how to make the car use the grip performance.

Sure there are terrible players, but those who visit the official Assetto Corsa forum aren't total novice when it concern driving(except for drifting :rolleyes:).

It's either you help or be...
    [​IMG]

13. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Funny how one driving aspect is all about the setup and exploiting physics engine and another one is all about the skill... Fck logic.

On the other hand I've seen people with decent line, having dozen of apps opened, tracking some G meter ball on the app while driving to hit the "correct" number while cornering and still not getting that turning the wheel well over 100deg isn't the best idea, especially in high speed corners. Then saying on the forum how doing fast lap times doesn't require skill. ;)

Yohnny240, sissydriver and PhilS13 like this.
  14. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

:)

Need constructive opinion about this performance. Remember, it's a gold time.

15. Why do people play a sim, yet arcade the hell out of their screen with dozens of apps?

Anyways....

My suggestion to Kunos for the hotlap challenges in AC2; have four medals available, with 'alien' being the top. (along with gold, silver, and bronze)
    Have Aris (or a beta tester that is a known alien) set the fastest time he can while using a custom setup. This would be the time to beat for the Alien tier. Have Aris (or the same tester) set the best time that they can while using the default setup and make that time the mark to beat to win Gold. Subtract a couple seconds for Silver, and a couple more for Bronze.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2018
    bgil66 and Octane like this.
  16. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

You got the gold achievement with crap driving, cool. Now check your lap times against other players, RSR WR is still 3.5s faster. I guess it shouldn't be a problem to beat it for you since no skill is required to be fast. :)

Damn it, I fell into that trap again.

Trezoitao38, sissydriver and Neilski like this.
  17. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Very constructive. I too feel the same.

18. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Holy crap that's funny :D

19. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Just so that everyone else is understanding.

That video, that is the "exploit" simdriving technique. That is the thing this guy has been babbling about for more than a year. That is why simracing requires "no skill", but drifting does. That video is too good to be true.

Hey mate, you are 3 seconds off with your "no skill" exploits. Put that in your guide, it might be the most useful bit of info in there.

20. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Difficulty of special events/achievments is the title of the thread, not being the "nobody cares". I'm just pointing out the players who have problem to clear them is not skill related.

I explained the reason why drifting skill requirement is higher on post #60.