1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Difficulty of special events/achievments

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Henkz, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Henkz

Henkz Gamer

Exactly this, the left hand section after the corkscrew was the part for me as well, managed a 1.26.804 after I got that section right!

Serge M likes this.
  2. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

As a tribute to the glorious Slow-in-fast-out-doesn't-work, trailbrake-until-past-apex, use-too-much-steering-lock movement I made a video. Let there be many guides spreading the Good News.

Spoiler : That was sarcasm. 1.26.104 doing the exact opposite.

3. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Damn, and I spent the whole evening trying hard! I finally did a 1.26.620... only to come here and see 1.26.104. Chapeau!

4. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

BTW times for this combo don't show up on RSR?

5. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

There are too many special events very easy.

For example, the 250f both 6 and 12 cylinder, very easy to do the laptimes, the RSR times are very faster than time requireds.

I bet when Kunos find some cars hard to controll they make the Special Events easier.

Others with easier cars to controll the times are closer to the RSR records. And this type of special event is harder on my opinion.

6. liakjim

liakjim Alien

It was that hard after all .

MrDeap likes this.
  7. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

@PhilS13 This is not early on the accelerator. You do trail brake & lift off

-Right on the first corner you steer over the limit & lift off.
    -0:18 the track width is wider & you start you corner on the rumble strip, your acceleration is still at the apex
    -Brake hard steer over the limit at the corkscrew
    -At 1:02 is a double apex

You're doing exactly like this picture
    [​IMG]

I don't see anything wrong in my claim to be honest.

8. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Oh sorry I didn't know I should be on power at or before turn-in. My bad. Maybe next time.

Get some help man. You have issues.

9. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I think you mean after. If you input too much throttle before the apex that lead to acceleration force & the time penalty is super harsh. Which is the reason I believe slow in & fast out is misleading, especially for those who are new to sim racing.

If you profit to simply accelerate at the apex or after, it give about the same result with little penalty of time. Entry point with the trail brake cut the most amount of time. It's a no brainer which technique is more effective.

@Berry I agree that you have to abuse the hell out of trail braking. It's the complete opposite of slow-in, because if you don't carry enough speed, the car understeer.

Mistake+delta time tell a lot...

10. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Misleading....

I know you are not going to admit you have been spreading crap for maybe almost a year. You have been basically telling anyone at any occasion that in order to go fast in Assetto and in sims you need to drive "wrong". THAT is misleading.

Nobody cares if driving that stupid way is good enough to get some gold events or win in mediocre public servers. If it's a technique that makes you be 3 seconds off what the car can do, no matter how easy it is, putting it in a guide as "a secret" that good drivers don't want noobs to know or using it as an example to show driving in sims requires no skill is being as dishonest as someone can be. Wake the hell up.

Hey... still a second off in here but at least these laps are probably the earliest on throttle you have ever been since you started believing your own lies so... good step forward I guess. Maybe at some point you can stop misleading noobs in every single Assetto Corsa related discussion there is.

Berry, chksix, LeiF and 4 others like this.
  11. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

None your advice work so, yeah. That's how it is.

12. How the hell did I miss this thread lol. Reminds me of when he thought I was hacking hahahaha

Ill give it a whirl after work. @PhilS13, default setup or nah ?

13. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I was salty about the large disparity of time, which I already proven you are all wrong. It was about the setup & bomb diving with trail braking & more late on the accelerator. My racing line was alright day one. This apply to me & many people other people...

It's a fun combo for sure. I didn't really put much effort in the lap. Phils13 didn't went all out, I see at least 0.7sec from it.

I had 30L on my run while he was on low fuel & if I wouldn't mess up the last part I would be 0.1sec from his time.

Slow in fast out... stop giving advice to new player, lol
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/please-help-me-improve-my-driving.143528/

I still remember that one. One **** advice to adjust brakes & git gud. After he(someone else) use a super low time on rsr that is 4 sec faster.

I seriously lost fate on that one.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  14. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Incredible. :D

GRFOCO, nate, PhilS13 and 6 others like this.
  15. Berry

Berry Alien

It's not really funny anymore, this is borderline mental illness...:confused:

nate and LeiF like this.
  16. Yeah I agree...losing its entertainment value.

nate likes this.
  17. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Can somebody write something constructive about my last post?

The problem is that I do have a point.

18. "Slow" (relatively) in fast out is ALWAYS better for noobs. When you git gud you just go fast everywhere ez. I think you take the word "slow" far too literally.

And in most corners you'll be on power at or even before the apex. Sim and IRL (in my real car that means full throttle more often than not lel). Im not slow, as you must know considering you must still think Im hacking somehow.

19. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Although when I play AC, I really feel I have to bomb dive the corner with the brake. Sure it may seem a big word, but on other games you usually don't brake as deep.

I don't think you hack & I'm sorry about it. I do it to get reference, to hopefully get someone to spill something.

When it come for just clearing the Special Events on Gold or Golden Glory, I wouldn't go as far to say skill, but more about learning curve & setup is a requirement for the special events. People should stop trolling me that I have mental issue, because I believe the special event aren't meant to be played with the default setup.

I rarely play online & I have no interest in leagues.

20. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

It's hopeless William...one year of proving him wrong. Maybe he's just the best troll there is and we are the idiots.

Good tyres & pressures are necessary and I had to play with aligment to get more rotation but you can get away without it. Splits good for 1.25mid-high but it's kind of hard to nail one.

Neilski and MrDeap like this.