1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Difficulty of special events/achievments

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Henkz, Dec 25, 2017.

1. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

You do it more in AC because you have convinced yourself it's better and you have been trying to make a point about it ever since. You dug a hole so deep you don't even see out anymore.

Say it with me : "Braking deep, while easier to do and capable of getting gold in some events, is still a ****ty technique that is ultimately way slower than doing it right. I'm not helping noobs at all when I tell them to do that" Super easy. Make a post it or something, put it on the lamp next to your bed.

nate and demetri like this.
  2. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I was happy seeing your first constructive post at post #120, by the way welcome back.

3. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Which event? The thread is sooo long I've lost track :D

4. Jebus

Jebus Alien

I would guess this one,

Neilski likes this.
  5. Neilski

Neilski Alien

I must give that one a try. Somewhat stunned that the ST is so much faster than the Performante, since the power and weight differences are pretty modest. (I already got a low 24 in the ST, and I wasn't near alien pace.)

6. The ST is very much a race car and the Performante is very much a road car. ST has more aero, better tires, etc.

Brownninja97 and Neilski like this.
  7. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Nonono. No.

You supposed to trailbrake until past apex. It's no brainer meme technique. I have it in my guide. I also talk about the inertia of the tyre downforce temperature. One glass of water is overtseer and setup camber with 3+6 = 43 formula. It's important to know the game exploit. It's just an introduction guide. A lot of manly egotism want you to think this guide is bad.

Berry, nate, liakjim and 5 others like this.
  8. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I'm not trolling

It start way back from page 2.
    The thread is suppose to be about the difficulty of the Special Events, but some people are just plain doing the events wrong running default or trying to reach #1 on RSR.

Does it show trailbrake past the apex?
    [​IMG]

I'm being trolled, 100%.

9. That's not the line I'd take tho, both sim and IRL

10. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

Yup. I got you. From the first day you posted a improvement on a set that according to you made the car 1 second faster. That improvement was 0.1° more camber on the rear. Been trolling you ever since.

@pankykapus Ban me if I ever get into that sort of discussion with that clown again. I'm not kidding. Like a few others said it's not even funny anymore, just wasting time and me looking like an arrogant **** for everyone not aware of the backstory. Enough.

Spread your crap all you want now, everywhere. I won't bother you again.

chksix, nate, V8_KB and 4 others like this.
  11. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

It's a workaround to get adjusted quickly(for most people). Even if the player use the wrong racing line, the time lost has less impact.

If I redo this Special Events, I'll be probably much faster than the old one. But It's definitely not due to practice or skill.

It's learning curve & setup. :p

The complete opposite of all you advices basically.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  12. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Well it would probably be a great line if your engine had infinite power and you were grip-limited everywhere. But umm yeah, that's not often the case in sims or IRL :D

13. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Finally managed to get “God of Wind”, 1:23.243 as well :)

14. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Wow guys.. 1.23.2.. that's quite depressing. I'll try again today.
    @MrDeap I personally have nothing against you or your theories, I am not an "alien" so whatever makes you fast is ok. The thing is I am not an English mother-tongue speaker and honestly so far I failed to understand what I should do to follow your advice, as it really seems counter-intuitive. I'll have a look at your guide on Steam.

15. 1:23 is either a mistake or not the same event :D

EDIT: Huyara BC, not the Huracan one.

16. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Yep, Pagani Huayra. Gold is 1:24.000

17. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Finally did a 1.23.8 in the Huayra BC losing a couple of tenths in the last 3 corners, which to me are the toughest of Laguna Seca. I went full negative camber at the front and I actually reduced the negative camber at the back to let the rear slide a bit more in a couple of places. I also left TC on but set it to the lowest level (4) Not sure if that makes any sense? It's very hard for me not to over-drive this car, I realized I actually need to brake a tad earlier, once settled the car has great grip. I didn't manage to trail brake with the Huayra, was it just me? Overall I wouldn't say getting gold here is extremely hard, as even without fantastic driving an average Joe like me was already just a few tenths away.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  18. humans never fail to amaze me :D