1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dirt Rally 2.0?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrew_WOT, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room AC is like Dirt Rally May 31, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Dirt Rally May 14, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Dirt Rally on sale May 11, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Dirt rally G920 wheel settings Feb 5, 2017
    Console Lounge [Off-Topic] Dirt Rally wheel settings? Anyone? Jan 19, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Did dirt rally destroy my ac force feedback? Dec 12, 2015
    General modding discussion Dirt rally syle in car cam Jul 5, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Dirt rally Apr 27, 2015
    Tracks modding (wip) SS El Cubilete (Mexico) beta v0.6 PUBLIC DOWNLOAD NOW / AC DIRT-y RALLY Aug 19, 2014
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars no smoke or dirt anymore? Jan 28, 2024
    ACC Multiplayer Please insert a report function for dirty drivers Jul 18, 2023
    ACC Troubleshooting Dirt-effects on cars and windscreens Jun 7, 2023
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Dirt build up 992 Cup Mar 26, 2022
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No dirty screen/screen reflection effect when overcast? Mar 14, 2021
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars No Dirt on Cars Mar 11, 2021

3. ZioYuri78

ZioYuri78 Hardcore Simmer

4. What's happening tomorrow ?? :eek:

5. myimac

myimac Alien

Ooooooooo!

6. Will be interesting to see if they have the WRC license now.. :rolleyes:

Slightly excited, maybe. :)

7. boskapongen

boskapongen Gamer

8. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

No early access??

9. So far I saw nothing that makes me excited. I'm quite surprised because I thought they want to wipe away the Dirt 4 disaster with this announcement but all we see is Codies releasing a new title in spring 2019. That's it.

10. plaid

plaid Alien

Well there is at least hope that it will be a decent sim or something thats at least on a believable and enjoyable level.

They just need to fix a few issues on lose surfaces, tarmac needs of course a lot of an improvement, I primarly enjoy the others, but they are a part of it, especially in career/championships.

Also really hope for proper handcrafted stages - and a return of finland and wales - and that the presentation and career will feel lifelike, like the Dirt 4 or the F1 games.

11. TDS

TDS Alien

interesting, hope they evolve the physics in general, also introduce hardcore and more complex damage system.

12. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

It will have generated stages, Dirt4 gamepad user accesible physics and no VR support.
    :p

Kristaps likes this.
  13. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

You gotta know that Codies WILL find a way to F S***up.....pretty common practice for said studio. :confused:

Kristaps and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Steam page.
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/690790/DiRT_Rally_20/

Some highlights:

- OVER 50 OF THE MOST POWERFUL OFF-ROAD CARS EVER BUILT – Tear through environments with an iconic roster of historic and modern-day rally cars, VW Polo GTI R5, Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X & Citroen C3 R5. Also take on the challenging power of the Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R.

- 6 REAL LIFE RALLY LOCATIONS –Take the wheel through the stunning environments of New Zealand, Argentina, Spain, Poland, Australia and the USA.

- THE OFFICIAL GAME OF THE FIA WORLD RALLYCROSS CHAMPIONSHIP – Race at Barcelona, Montalegre, Mettet, Lohéac Bretagne, Trois-Rivieres, Hell, Holjes and Silverstone in a multitude of different series

Not a word on VR though.

The interesting part is under Deluxe Editoin, seems like they are going to have DLCs (Dirt Seasons)

15. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Title suggested it might be something interesting, but then:
    Bwoah... I'll pass. More like Dirt Rally 1.5, could have been a great DLC tho... two years ago.

DR gave me some hope that it could be a good foundation for codies to build on. Improve physics (especially tarmac), and move on towards sim crowd since they have Dirt 1/2/3/4 for the arcade guys. Sound was one of the things that got me hooked, it was really good in DR, car wise they had a nice and diverse roster, not many stages/locations though. So it was a decent start (considering it's CM) for a more serious rally game without any of that dudebro crap, surely with some stuff to improve, but looking how they cut out all of the locations from the DR and there are just 6 in the 2.0 I can't help myself but think that they just went the easy way. The one sentence about improved handling seems a bit vague to me to expect anything good out of it.
    I hope I'm wrong about it...

/rant :D

16. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Each Season (DLC) features 3 extra tracks, so far 2 are planned, that's 6 tracks.

17. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yaaaaawwwwwwn; . . . can somebody please wake me when the reviews come out (?) This news is just really hard to get excited about after having banged my head against the Dirt4 wall for too long. That, despite having too few good Rally options these days but, I'm afraid CM is likely to miss the target by a country mile (A re-mastered RBR might fit the bill nicely though). :)

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  18. Belgakinen

Belgakinen Simracer

(Leaked ???) gameplay video with a bad framerate, huge lens flares and a codriver with a rubber neck ?

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  19. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

That doesn't look good. Worse than DR or D4. What engine do they use, same old?

20. TTM

TTM Alien

After february 2019, still waiting proper rally simulator... Kunos, wake up. You know how to make racing games, create also rally game. :rolleyes:

21. Belgakinen

Belgakinen Simracer

Ego engine, the same they used in dirt 4. Dirt rally was made on a previous version of the same engine. (If i remember correctly)