1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dirt Rally 2.0?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andrew_WOT, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Why not OpenVR?

2. I don't know but I'm pretty sure there will be mod making it possible if not natively supported. Wasn't it the same with DR1?

3. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Revive, but it's nowhere as good as native. Kind of weird selling on Steam Oculus VR exclusive title.

Whitestar and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  4. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Maybe Oculus stepped in with the funding, to get an exclusive title for their headset. The tweet kinda sounds like it

About physics, dunno some videos look kinda bad. Some look pretty okay like this one

Anyone has opinions on that car movement? At least to my eye it looks more natural than Dirt 4

Last edited: Feb 8, 2019
    Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

I'm concerned about the physics too although, replay videos are not the most reliable indicator being there can be a significant dis-connect with car behavior not being well represented. Some beta-testers say DR2 is better than DR and D4 but, we've heard such claims before. I'll wait & see. In the meantime, I'll try not to pay too much attention to the videos and hype train as it nears the station.:p:)

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  7. plaid

plaid Alien

[​IMG]

DR
    [​IMG]
    DR2
    [​IMG]

I was dissapointed with the content, not only the low amount of locations and long stages, but also the locations themeselves (does spain only consist of two lane roads?). Selling the stuff from the previous game as DLC isn't great, but now it got some decent locations, while I really hope they add the vine part of the german stages. Pretty good vine there btw. :D
    Also good to have some high powered WRC cars. Hope they also add some slower 4WD for more relaxed sessions.

Apparently the official videos are different compared to the unofficial ones, too.
    If they combine the strengths of DR and D4 physics and presentation, I will be definitly more than happy and some say thats the case.

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  8. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Did they finally move to newer engine? Looks very nice. Photoshop? :p

9. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Those "Before" comparison images have low settings:

[​IMG]

Left one is from my Dirt Rally 1.0, the right image is from Codemasters blog. It's not just shadows either

[​IMG]

My game doesn't have such jagged edges in the Castrol sign. Kinda scummy advertisement tactics. Unless it's from PS4 versions but wouldn't most developers use PC version to make the game look the best it can.
    I believe it's still their EGO engine but updated version. Dirt Rally used EGO 2.5 and Dirt 4 used EGO 4.0. Maybe it's the same one that Dirt 4 used or updated from that

And yeah releasing stages that many people won't need pacenotes for is kinda meh. But I guess if the tarmac physics would be improved, Monte Carlo and Germany would have new found value. But rumor has, they haven't really improved that notably... doing tarmac rally in Dirt is kinda pointless, when you can just take a rally car to some hillclimb mod track in Assetto Corsa and have a superior experience

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
  10. plaid

plaid Alien

the weather conditions appear different, Too. Some small Details definitly Changed. But its poor to use different Settings.

I dont Know why they didnt put the old Tracks in the Base Game and sell the new ones as dlc, but afterall the result is the Same.

Anyway the real bummer is that they didnt added more Stages or extended the old ones imo (and add vino) Would have lowered the potential for a controversy.
    Also one of my favs - wales- is missing.

They definitly Need to add a view thats locked to horizon or my stomache will Protest - dashcam included.

11. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

They got me. I bought the deluxe edition. :D

miky likes this.
  12. plaid

plaid Alien

Well, the youtubes seem to like it. For what its worth - doesnt say much when the judgements are based on experience with Richard Burns Rally.

Question is if the tarmac and FFB improved, which tendencially seems to be the case. Otherwise mods and ini tweaks can bring big improvements. Impact FFB and RFPE files seemed to change things for the better for many people in DR.
    And a fix for Brazil-o-vision
    [​IMG]

Also I didnt find a statement from the devs, if the DLC will be properly integrated in the career.

13. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Jimmy Broadbent seems to love it. And physics look indeed good. But too bad he didn't talk about tarmac

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  14. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Love you. :)
    Seems like OSW works out of the box, yay!

15. tlsmikey

tlsmikey Simracer

Hmm....well, they will do VR at some point. I'm still bummed they don't have triple screen support but this might be worth a buy.

16. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Jimmy said in comments he had to do fair bit of tweaking + edit manually some config file, to get it working. Sadly. I believe similar thing as in some past CM rally titles

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  17. Good old Codemasters. Nothing works right out of the box. How hard it can be.. :rolleyes:

Nick Moxley likes this.
  18. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yep, gotta love Codie's. When we asked about support for any hardware that falls outside the mainstream, we only get "crickets" or the "deer in the headlights" stare. :p:D

19. TDS

TDS Alien

i still dream when the time come that kunos will do a proper rally sim :) not buying dirt 2.0, 1.0 was fun for 180h and that was it.. ac1 3500h and still counting lol

manudouet, TTM and Nick Moxley like this.