1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dirt rally

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Psit, Apr 27, 2015.

1. If the Quattro becomes even more agile, I don't think that's the right direction. It's already suspiciously agile car.

2. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Its the opposite of "agile" .. more easily oversteer from braking, more weight transfer and more inertia.. its not more agile, its more challenging then ever(-;

3. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

appreciate your efforts on this Miky.. :)

thank you

miky likes this.
  4. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Tarmac in DR? Surprised anyone use that surface.
    With wheel friction on gravel the steering is just numb. It is well known problem in DR and D4.

MsportDAN likes this.
  5. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Sorry but is just numb for you..for me is ok(-; and even tarmac with the mod is good..

6. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

@Nahkamarakatti, can you post your MMos and in game settings screenshots. Mine are in signature (google doc)

7. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

You understand what wheel friction does, do you? There is no information, it's just constant force resisting rotation. You have super low values for other effects and compensate low force with just dead weighting the wheel with friction.
    Some of it might be beneficial to soften spikes but in your case 120% with just 30% of SAT.
    I am happy it works for you, although I have no logical explanation how.
    I would try drop it to like 15-25% and readjust other sliders to get more feeling in the wheel, of course just dropping it to 0% and having everything else at existing low value will make wheel feel "light".
    Anyhow, enjoy with what you think works for you.

8. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Sorry but the differences from my post to yours, is that you want to be right at all costs, while i'm simply saying that my settings recreate "for me" the best feeling..the SAT at 30% is for the tarmac, on gravel i put it at 40%, sorry but SAT at much higher level is not realistic.. because at much higher level the steering wheel would escape from my hands because of to much self centering force..aniway i have state that this is good for me, if is not good for you, AMEN.. no problem, but do not continue to want to be right, everyone has his own preferences and im not naive as i have several world records both on dirt rally and on others far more extreme simulators (-;

9. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Is there, really? :)

10. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Yes(-: sorry i dont want to be rude, but maybe some words seem rude because im italian.. But yes even others guy here have says that wheel friction at low values doesnt make sense..so if for you make sense ok, but is not right that you answer me like this "You understand what wheel friction does, do you?" even others guys here make sentence like " the FFB is crap , or wrc7 have best physics ecc" for me these sentence doesnt make sense at all, but i respect them... the differences are these.. I say what is best for me and i recommend trying my settings, while you only discredit, or the game or my words, plus sometimes you are even wrong, because now we are two or maybe more to say that it does not make much sense what you say, however, no problem .. I will continue to post here the news on the mod in question, if you do not care, do not comment unnecessarily, now we have understand that the FFB sucks and the game also and you do not care for the mod (-;

paul_wev likes this.
  11. Sure. All surfaces (alternate physics) working fine with OSW running 325mm diameter wheel rim. Impact FFB mod V7 in use. Don't expect to feel much self aligning on gravel/snow because that's realistic behaviour on slippery surfaces.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Andrew_WOT likes this.
  12. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Turning general Dirt Rally thread on AC support forum that is used for anything, impressions, opinions, good and bad, as well as deserved critics on the title, solely into communication channel on some mod is not the best move. Telling other people to stop posting if they do not share your agenda even worse. This is internet, don't expect everyone to be in agreement with you.
    There is a dedicated thread on RD on the mod that you are so actively advertise and defend
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threa...aw-inertia-cars-more-planted-on-jumps.136268/
    Why don't move your discussion there?

Jebus, sacredaardvark and LeDude83 like this.
  13. Please.

14. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

This is another example of your bad attitude.. Sorry mate i don't have problem with you, i have posted always here because most people thank me for this.. Why you are so nervous? Yes you are right, you can speak good or bad on this subject but repeating same words, same bad sentences in all the pages of this thread is strange.. For example me, I don't like at all wrc7, I don't write all the days bad words on wrc thread.. I repeat: you don't like the game? You don't like the FFB? You don't like the mod? It's OK! But move on, There are plenty of others thread here.. My intent here is to try to help people who like the game and posting notice from a mod that I like and most of the people's here like it.. What is your intent?

MsportDAN and Nahkamarakatti like this.
  15. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

Sorry mate, you must have confused me for someone else. I don't even own WRC7 (it doesn't work with my OSW wheel) and have been enjoying DR quite a lot, it's not perfect, tarmac sucks, the only thing that works fine is gravel, but it work brilliantly spare some FFB oddities.
    If I didn't find your settings or mod to my liking that does not automatically make me into DR hater or having "bad attitude'" as you are trying to portray here.
    Why are you trying so hard to silence me, not everyone likes things the way you do, accept it and carry on.

kaiza likes this.
  16. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

I have made only an example for wrc7.. I'm not trying to silence you.. Even now "tarmac sucks" doesn't make sense for me.. It sucks for you.. Not for me or the majority here.. This is my intent.. I think that you write your impression on the game aspect with to bad attitude.. You don't like ffb? OK but is not crap, you don't like the mod? It's OK but it's not crap.. Aniway I'll stop here, no problem at all with you personally.. I simply don't understand this ostination, all the bad things that you don't like from this game are now very much clearer.. So I hope that from now, I don't have to read others message like "tarmac is crap" ecc. You can change your words like for example "I don't like tarmac". This is even for others guys here that have this bad habit.. This tipe of attitude only make us nervous and ruin the intent of these threads, peace and bye(-:

17. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Hate to say it miky - and if you think its fine fair enough - but the majority including sim review sites/sim youtubers think DR tarmac is well off. :( It may not be that the physics are off, but the ffb translating these physics/feelings are not that good my friend.

18. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Yes I know.. The tarmac feelings are not the strongest aspect in the game.. But for me, with the helps of this mod, is good enough.. And not "crap".. Guys I'm not here to defend dirt rally.. I'm not a fan boy.. But I have publicized a mod that helps a lot these "not very well" aspect of this game.. So there is no reason to make sentence like "o this game have tarmac that sucks or ffb is crap" when the same guy have tested the mod and he prefer the vanilla physics! Plus I have only state that I don't like the attitude.. Even you, you have stated multiple times that ffb is crap, it's not crap.. You don't like it(-:

MsportDAN likes this.
  19. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

I'm here to try to make this game better, publicizing a fantastic mod and talking with all of you for helping and maybe receiving helps for make the best out of this game.. When others people are here only for complain and write things in a bad attitude.. Are clear my words? (-:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
    paul_wev likes this.
  20. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

all clear here boss :)

paul_wev and miky like this.