1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dirt rally

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Psit, Apr 27, 2015.

1. This looks interesting if they get it right they will sell a lot to the simmers but , why the old graphics engine for a pc only title? I feel like this is a cash grab by codemasters letting the community develop the game to be released as dirt4 . Maybe im just a bit of a conspiracy theorist lol but laying off loads of staff then getting the community to develop the game seems like their plan to me . If theyre claiming this is a sim for simmers why is the ffb shoddy or missing? They know the hardcore sim crowd will rip it apart if its lacking basics or maybe they just want it to be modded into a game they can sell . And the fact this game just came out of the blue and was released the day it was revealed , very suspicious. But i hope im wrong and it turns out to be the best rally game to date , u never know they might update the graphics engine to the latest (next gen) one .

2. Kevin Knorpp

Kevin Knorpp Racer

+1 to using centering spring to separate ffb from physics.

I'm curious. Did anyone here play Dirt 2 on PS3? Reason for asking is that I didn't think ffb was that bad on PS3 with DFGT but IIRC PC FFB was much worse and Grid ffb on PC didn't even work or didn't originally work (?) but I definitely remember PS3 with Dirt 2 feeling not terrible so is it possible that console ffb could be better than PC for that game at least?

Back on Dirt Rally topic I'm very hopeful that this could be a great game. I turned saturation and wheel weight down and ffb is tolerable and some cars are better than others. From what I can tell there doesn't seem to be any reason this title can't be a must have title (which it already is for me) if grip and ffb are tweaked. I also think that many of the vehicles have unrealistically low torque and/or that vehicles are way too stable under wheelspin under acceleration. It just doesn't feel right to spin the wheels under acceleration and have the vehicle follow a perfectly straight line without rear end dancing around more and more throttle control being required.

Game-wise, it's perfect, meaning absolutely no fluff or nonsense. 100% rally and nothing more and also service areas, engineers, etc. which reflects the simple but elegant "rally" title. Menus are very nice and clean and takes less than 3-5 seconds to get back to the main menu after a race which is amazing I've never seen anything that fast. awesome.

menos | M6 and Patrik Marek like this.
  3. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

Codemasters do know how to do GUI.
    Dirt2 for all it's "Dude!" nonsense had probably the slickest most professionally made game interface I've ever seen.
    Yes it was over the top and ostentatious, but my god it was bloody well made.

mistery likes this.
  4. The only thing with codemasters is all the cinematic stuff before racing , but yes they are good at presentation and for fun racing games they are good , but for sims ?

5. alex72

alex72 Alien

Haha so im not the only one hating Codies menues? :D :D So damn annoying! Stylish? Yes. Cool? Yes actually, but functional? No way. Takes too much time to flip through them and i even got motion sickness from them couple of times hahaha. :D

We will see about this. So far Codies are far far faaaar away from me, but if they deliver - awesome. Physics and FFB most important as usual for me. Tested the latest Codie titles (bought them) and uninstalled them 10 minutes later because FFB feels like driving a dirty boat or something. Its just dampening making the wheel "heavy" with some vibration and bumps, and it just doesnt give me any joy. I tried, but it doesnt work. I dont get immersed no matter how cool the graphics and music is.

I shall test, but no hopes up.

6. Epocx

Epocx Alien

Game looks really promising in my opinion...

7. Stereo

Stereo Alien

All the reports of how it steers on 900 degree wheels (ie. that you're stuck with 360 degrees + very nonlinear) indicates it's not ready for me yet... I don't see the point of trying to simulate a real car without even bothering to get the steering wheel right, considering it's the only piece of a real car that's part of my sim rig.

it's early access so it's still possible they'll fix it, maybe that's why people are saying AC's not "done", cause the developer is still supporting it? Does Codemaster just throw them out the door on release and only patch bugs, never new features?

Deleted member 18758 likes this.
  8. Most of the reports that I have read state that it drives best using 540 degrees of steering, which might actually be decently realistic. As soon as there is a patch and people start raving about the FFB it will become a buy for me but I think I will hold off until then.

3316V likes this.
  9. gheeDi

gheeDi Racer

900 degrees of rotation is not realistic for rally cars, most have 540 and I instantly copied my RBR logitech profiler profile with 540 degree rotation set for dirt rally and it felt alright. I believe a codemaster rep said to try 270, but i havent had time to yet. Also need more time to test the ffb settings, you need to lower the wheel strenght a bit imo to get the ffb itself come alive.. Feels like the "strenght" of the wheel mutes the ffb of the road.

menos | M6 and Patrik Marek like this.
  10. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

Yeah I was going to say that ... 900 degrees of rotation on a rally car?
    Even if so I don't think rally drivers set the car with 900+ wheel rotation in mind.

11. Stereo

Stereo Alien

I'm not saying use the full 900 degrees in every car... but it's 2015, steering options should not be "deadzone 0-100%, saturation 0-100%, linearity -5 to +5"... it should be "my wheel's lock is 900 degrees, give me the real steering ratio & lock on any car that has <= 900 degrees lock to lock"

12. gheeDi

gheeDi Racer

I hear ya.. Any modern sim should have the option to automatically adjust the steering lock according to which car you are driving.. Not game breaking but yes still definitely should.

7he4Ce and f1webberfan like this.
  13. SpriGgy

SpriGgy Racer

How does a dirty Boat drive?^^
    But yeah i hated most Codi Menus, the last one i liked was Race Driver Grid, this was also the last game of codi that convinced me.

14. Kevin Knorpp

Kevin Knorpp Racer

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430223566.023299.jpg

Dirty boat

15. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

That.
    Of course you need to have the freedom to adjust settings for yourself but for most cars (before you choose your favourites) you definitely need such an automatic button. :)

off-topic:I see a lot of buttons in the picture above. :)

16. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I feel dirty at the prospect of giving money again to Codemasters.

17. plaid

plaid Alien

Is there a realistic cockpitcam, so one where your eyes aren't stitched on the seat (see AC with "camera locked to horizon" or better realheadmotion-mod)?
    I get nausea if the environment flys around.

18. f1webberfan

f1webberfan Simracer

You have limited POV adjustment slider, if I understood correctly from a friend. But it's nothing like in A.C.

plaid likes this.
  19. Dennis Neo

Dennis Neo Racer

My very 1st race :D

P.s.: I like the game and looking forward for improvements.

But the handling and physics as a whole feels kinda oldschoolish and makes me appreciate my beloved and buggy Ac even more :)

20. Dennis Neo

Dennis Neo Racer

No unfortunatelly, nothing like RHM app. And honetsly this game needs it badly.

plaid likes this.